Status: Active

Seize The Day

Chapter One

“Makenzi! Get your ass out of bed. NOW!!!”
I groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers over my head farther. I was dead tired still, due to being up till 4 am packing.
“Makenzi,” the voice whined. “Get upppppp”
“Nooo,” I groaned out as I curled up tighter in the fluffy warm goodness.
“Fine, you’ve left me no other choice.” I heard her grunt and next thing I knew I was being flipped out of bed and landing face down on the floor with a loud thud.

”What the fuck, Raven?” I sat up, rubbing my face which probably had a giant red cell phone imprint on it now.

I looked up at my best friend and room mate, Raven. With a quick glance at my cell phone I saw it was 6 am, and she was already dressed and ready for the day. She had on a pair of tight black Tripp pants that had chains hanging in several spots and a camo tank top underneath her unzipped Slipknot hoodie.

“Considering we have like,” she over at my Nightmare Before Christmas alarm clock to get the time. “30 minutes before we need to have our asses out to the truck stop and it takes 20 minutes to get there…” She faded off, smirking.

I jumped up and immediately fell back down because of the Makenzi/comforter tangled pretzel that kept me trapped. “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?!” I fussed as I attempted to shove the blankets off of me, which of course with my luck resulted in me kicking the bed and hurting my foot. I normally wasn’t this much of a klutz but seeing as how I have only had two hours of sleep… it happens.

”You said you set your alarm. And I tried to wake up you an hour ago, and you told me that you were getting up.” Raven handed me a towel when I finally got up from the ground.

“Thanks,” I called as I ran into my bathroom, immediately stripping and jumping into the shower. When I turned on the water it was icy cold so I screamed a little, trying to hide from it. I loathe cold showers. My showers were normally so hot it was close to burning me. But this morning I didn’t have time to play around. I have 10 minutes to get showered, dressed, do hair and make up, and pack up the final tidbits of stuff.

You are probably wondering what we are packing for right?
Well, let me tell you.

There was a contest about a month or so ago to win the chance to go on tour with Avenged Sevenfold and Falling In Reverse. Fuse (the music channel, DUH) was the one holding the contest on their show Steven’s Untitled Rock Show. Who ever was the 100th caller was going to be the winner to bring you and a friend to travel with the bands on tour for the summer. We recruited all of our other roomies, their boyfriends, and some of our other friends to help us. We all sat around in the living room calling and calling. Unfortunately we didn’t get 100th caller. We got 99 and 101 along with a few earlier numbers that aren’t worth mentioning, so we didn’t win.

A week ago I got a call in the middle of class. (Raven and I are college students, incase you are wondering) It was an unknown number so I went ahead and answered it, incase it was important. Well, turns out the girl that won was underage and the contest was for 18+ they were immediately disqualified. They had taken our name and number exactly for this purpose and we won!!!
Okay. We were runners up, but whatever.

In short: We are on our way to spend the entire summer touring with two of our favorite bands.
For 4 months.
Alone.
With amazing sexy men.
Sleeping on the same bus.
With really hot men.
Have I mentioned how hot and amazingly talented they are?

A banging at the door threw me out of my dream world, so I finished my shower and got out, immediately turning on the blow dryer at max heat and speed and quickly dried my hair. As soon as it was mostly dried I started on my makeup. Thick black eyeliner and a sweep of black eye shadow was all I had time to do before I was running out of the bathroom and grabbing the clothes I set out last night. I, once again, thanked my parent’s for their good genes that gave me full deep red lips and long thick eyelashes that never required make up to look good. My long ink black hair and porcelain skin just pulled it all together nicely.

”TIME?” I called out, shoving my legs into the tight Tripp pants similar to Ravens, but instead of chains I had zippers in a few spots that if unzipped would reveal skin. Yeah; the zippers really had no point, but they looked nice.

”You have 3 minutes left,” She called back. I heard clanking coming from the kitchen, so some of our roomies must be up already. It was the beginning of summer, and only 2 of our housemates had gone home for it. We all rented this house because it was close enough to campus that we didn’t have to drive everyday or pay the outrageous boarding fees for the actual school run houses.

”2 minutes!” Raven called out another warning.

”Shit shit shit shittt,” I muttered as I pulled my blood red corset style top on and slid my favorite rainbow socks on my feet. I shoved my feet into my black Vans as I folded up my comforter and tucked it and my pillow under my arm. My bags were already out in Tom’s truck, since he would be driving us to the truck stop on his way to work. Tom is on of our housemate’s boyfriend; incase you are wondering.

”Time to go, Makenzi.” Raven stood in the doorway waiting, her own blanket and pillow stashed under one arm while a messenger bag was slung on her shoulder. That reminded me to grab my own which held my ipod, some make up, a few books, my laptop and other things I would keep in my bunk with me. I shoved my cell phone in there and put my oversized sunglasses over my eyes. “I’m ready!”

Raven laughed and bumped her hip against mine, “I think that is the fastest you have ever gotten ready.”

”Nu uh!” I protested. “Remember finals last year? I got ready in 2 minutes.”

”That’s because you went in your pajamas,” She reminded me as we slid into the truck. I was forced into the middle because I was the youngest. I’m 21, Raven is 22, and Tom is 25, and they used that against me all the time. I was the ‘baby’ in the house because I was the youngest, but not for long. A new semester would be starting in fall, and new kids would be moving into the house this year now that some of our residents have graduated.

When we got to the truck stop we still had about 5 minutes to wait, and Tom wanted to stay with us so we were protected. I told him to go get his ass to work and we could protect ourselves. It was true; I’ve been taking karate classes since I was a child so I was a black belt and both Raven and I took self defense classes when we entered college to settle our parent’s worried minds. Nobody would be attacking us; it was almost empty here anyway.

So, we sat there waiting for the big tour bus to come pick us up. We had already resorted to curling up in our comforters because we hadn’t expected it to be this cold out in the early morning. We probably looked like two homeless chicks with everything but our faces covered, but we hardly cared, as long as we were warm.

”They’re late,” Raven put her cell phone back into her pockets.
“They are rock stars; did you expect them to be on time?” I shivered and pulled the blanket closer.
“Maybe…”
I chuckled a bit and took a deep drink of the hot chocolate I had bought inside the rest stop behind us, when I saw it.
A big black tour bus pulling into the space right in front of us.

The Rock Stars have arrived.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the co-write with SabbyFreakShow!!!! :D
Leave us a comment telling us what you think of it so far!

I'm gunna whore Skylar right now. GO READ AND COMMENT ON HER STORIES!
Or else she is going to leave mibba *cries*