Status: Finished!

Feel That Fire

She Wants to Stand Where Nobody Stood

Two months later

One set of hazel eyes twinkled as she walked down the aisle towards him. Her steps were sure and steady as she clutched the bouquet in her hands. The closer she got, the wider his smile became. Their hearts were bursting with love and happiness in this moment. When she reached the altar, she shifted her eyes from the love of her life to the first love of her life.

Emmalyn stepped up to the groom and placed a sweet kiss on his cheek before taking her place opposite of the best man. Her eyes were quickly torn from Brian’s gaze as the processional music began. But Emmalyn’s eyes were not focused on the bride making her way down the aisle; instead, they were riveted on her brother. His face was full of awe, wonder, and love as he watched Jasmine walk towards him. After dating for nearly four years, the two of them were finally making their commitment to each other permanent. Tears sprang to her eyes as she watched her brother wipe away tears of joy. She was so happy for him as well as herself. She was now gaining the sister she never had when she was growing up.

As the ceremony progressed and Matt and Jasmine dedicated their lives to each other, she couldn’t help but look at Brian. He had this odd expression on his face. It was a mix of happiness and intense concentration. When he noticed she was looking at him, he winked at her playfully and mouthed “I love you”. She returned his words and turned in time to watch her brother kiss his bride. The church erupted into cheers as the newlyweds made their way towards the entrance of the church. Brian stepped forward so Emmalyn could link her arm with his. As they glided up the aisle, he leaned over and placed a chaste kiss to her temple.

“I love you, Emmalyn Sanders,” he breathed in her. She simply smiled at him as they reached Matt and Jasmine.

“You’re finally my sister!”

“I know! Ah! I love you, Emmy,” Jasmine said wrapping her new “sister” in a hug. Soon, they were joined by the rest of the gang. Pictures followed as soon as the church emptied out and then they were headed off to the reception. Zacky, Johnny, and Brian were so excited about being able to decorate Matt’s Navigator. As they doubled checked their bag of supplies in the floor of the limo, Blair leaned over to Emmalyn.

“I have a feeling you’re next,” she winked.

“What?” Emmalyn asked confused.

“It won’t be long before Brian proposes. I have this feeling.”

“Oh really? What about you? Don’t you think Zacky will be asking soon? I mean you’ve been dating almost as long as Matt and Jasmine,” Emmalyn said smiling to herself. She had just helped Zacky pick out Blair’s ring the week before. He was planning to propose later that night and she was the only one to know.

“He’ll do it when he’s ready. Besides I might have seen Brian in a jewelry store a few weeks ago,” Blair hinted.

“Shut up! Did he buy anything?”

“Well, when I walked up to him he freaked and made up some story about picking out a necklace for your birthday, which we all know, is still four months away.”

“Poor thing. He never could lie. We’ll have to see about rings later,” Emmalyn said as they reached the reception.

A few hours later

“The bride and groom would like to invite all of you lovebirds to join them in a dance,” the deejay announced as “Thank You for Loving Me” by Bon Jovi began to play.

“Dance with me?” Brian asked as he stood from his seat.

“Of course,” Emmalyn replied accepting his outstretched hand. They twirled onto the dance floor. Swaying to the beat of the music, Brian began to sing the words quietly to Emmalyn. Her heart soared as she listened to his soft voice sing along with Jon. How awesome was it that two heartthrobs were crooning to her at the same time, she wondered.

“Brian?”

“Hmm?”

“This is perfect. This moment right here is perfect,” she breathed looking up at him.

“I think so too,” he said kissing the tip of her nose.

“I love that I get to stand here in this moment with you where no else has stood before.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, correct me if I’m wrong, but you’ve never been ‘in love’ before me, right?”

“You’re right. I thought it was love, but you showed me that it was no where close,” he responded.

“Ok then. I’m the first person for you and you’re the first person for me. So, here in each other’s arms is a place where no else has stood before in a moment like this.”

“I see what you’re saying. I’m so glad it’s you here with me and me here with you.”

“Me too. There is nowhere else I’d rather be,” Emmalyn said reaching up to kiss his awaiting lips. When they pulled away, the love they felt for one another shined bright in both of their eyes. Good things, Emmalyn thought, come to those who wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! You guys rock!

I've posted a new one shot, All I Need. Go check it out!