We've Been So Innocent.

I'm Hoping- I'm Asking To Stand By Your Side.

We've Been So Innocent.

Their first kiss was definitely not supposed to happen. It was early November in Maryland. The guys were at a party Alex's older brother had mentioned. It wasn't great and eventually Billy, Alex's brother, got bored.

"Alright, we're playing spin the bottle or something. Come on, everybody!" He shouted. They'd all been drinking and ended up making a deformed octagon looking thing in the middle of the backyard. Billy had sent Jack to get a bottle of some sort, so Alex ended up with Billy beside him and a busty redhead on the other side.

"I'm going first." A cocky sophomore announced. Alex chuckled and the boy and wondered how he'd even got in here. Jack handed him the bottle and took a seat across the circle from Alex. Jack was very, very drunk and could barely walk straight. Alex was only slightly buzzed, like most the people there. The boy spun and it landed on the redhead beside Alex. She rolled her eyes in clear annoyed fashion before leaning forward, indulging the boy in, what was probably, the best kiss of his life. Jack was bouncing around like a little kid, paying no attention to his surroundings. When they, finally, finished the redhead took her spin. It landed on Billy. Alex rolled himself backwards so Billy could attach lips with the girl. It was short and unexciting. Billy spun and the game went on. Alex had kissed two girls and a guy by the time Billy had to spin again. Jack hadn't kissed anyone yet and he looked rather pout like. Billy spun and it landed on redhead again- Wait, was that bottle pointing at Alex?! The octagon of people cheered and Billy laughed, pecking Alex on the cheek swiftly.

"Like, I'm really going to kiss my brother. Come on, guys." He laughed at the disappointed faces. Alex laughed with him & reached for the bottle. Jack was still bouncing as Alex spun it easily and watched, mesmerized, as it went around, and around, and around. It stopped on the skinny blond near Jack. Alex smiled across the octagon at her and crawled towards his. As Alex reached the girl he saw Jack bouncing out of the corner of his eyes.

"Could you stop moving for two seconds so I can focus on kissing?!" He snapped drunkenly at Jack. The crowd laughed but Jack froze and stared at Alex curiously. "What?" Alex sputtered, laughter escaping with his words. Jack didn't reply but instead lunged forward and caught Alex's lips with his own. Alex didn't react at first but then realized he was supposed to be kissing someone. He grabbed Jack's waist as both boys balanced on their knees and pulled each other closer. Alex pulled back grinning breathlessly at Jack. The octagon cheered and Jack smirked.

"Was that focused enough for you?" Alex shoved Jack away playfully and crawled back to his spot.

"That was different, little brother." Billy chuckled. Alex shrugged and sat contently watching the game while the blond girl- Lisa spun the bottle. She didn't seem bothered that she'd missed out on Alex's kiss but this didn't come to Alex's attention because all he could focus on was Jack. The next morning both boys woke up with splitting headaches in the same bed at Alex's house. They were fully clothed. They weren't even cuddling. They'd just fallen asleep together. Jack stumbled downstairs to see Amy, their old friend, perched on the counter, camera in hand.

"What's up?" He asked her as he opened the fridge and extracted a gallon of milk.

"Videos from last night." She chuckled as a chorus of taunting erupted from the camera.

"Oh, what happened?" He asked, looking back and having no recollection of the night after nine o'clock.

"Come see for yourself." She laughed, patting the counter beside her. Jack smiled & hopped up beside her. He stared down at the screen and watched as he and his best friend since he was seven made out like the teenagers they were.

"Wait, I want to see." Billy said, coming in and hopping on the other side of Amy.

"Alright, here we go." She said, pressing play. Jack, Billy, and Amy watched as Jack leaped towards Alex and caught him in a kiss. Alex seemed to hesitate but after a second he was pulling Jack closer. This didn't go unnoticed by Jack or Billy.

"Damn," Billy mumbled. Apparently the kiss had been a lot longer than acceptable. Two and a half minutes later, the on screen Jack and Alex broke apart grinning.

"Well, what do you have to say for yourself?"

"It was a mistake." Jack shrugged motionlessly. Billy & Amy accepted this answer and left Jack alone. When Alex made his way downstairs they ambushed him the same way they did Jack. Only difference was, Alex did remember last night.

"Damn, we are sexy. Aren't we, Jack?" He laughed with the camera in hand. Jack faked a laugh and nodded in agreement.

"So, it wasn't- isn't serious or anything?" Amy asked, watching both boys closely. Jack shrugged and Alex laughed.

"It was a mistake- Drunken mistake." He mumbled, stealing Jack's words from before. Jack looked up from his cereal and caught eyes with Alex. Billy & Amy had hopped back onto the counter to watch more videos. Jack grinned as Alex winked shyly towards him.

The first kiss may have been a drunken mistake but this next one sure as hell wouldn't be.

"With the power vested in me by the state of Maryland, I now pronounce you husband and, uh, husband." Alex bit his lip and grinned up at Jack. "You may now kiss the, uh- You may now kiss." They both ignored the babbling minister as Jack pressed his lips eagerly to Alex's.

"I love you." He breathed as they pulled apart and the small crowd clapped loudly.

"I love you too." Jack sighed. They clasped hands and turned to face their friends and family with blissful smiles across their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
DISCLAIMER: I only own them in Katyland :D
Comments? I do love feedback.