‹ Prequel: Sick Little Games
Status: Completed. (But please continue to comment. I'd like to know what you thought of the story overall.)

We've Got Unfinished Business

11

I awoke suddenly with a startle. I must have had a bad dream, but I just couldn’t remember it. My head was hanging dangerously close to the edge of the top bunk I was in. Why was it that whenever I was in top bunks either I fall out or almost do?

I went to move, but realized Martin had his arms wrapped around me tight. I sighed lifting my head to look back at him. As far as I could go I could see Martin had his face buried in my back. I shifted around so I was facing him. He hadn’t stirred so his arms were still wrapped around me, but this time his face was buried against my chest, his messy brown hair going every which way due to bed head.

Smiling softly to myself I lightly played with his hair. It felt as if my heart was swelling up that I came over powered with happiness. I was right where I was supposed to be while Jack was right where he belonged.

Jack’s Prospective

I turned in bed slowly facing the left on my side. Bringing my hands up to my face I rubbed my eyes awake while grunting. I didn’t want to open my eyes really like I never really did because I knew what I would see when they were open.

So my eye lids slowly parted from the bottom of my eye because I had to eventually everyday. I was greeted with the same usual empty space beside me. I sighed and it turned into a long yawn. Turning back on my other side I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw it was eight in the morning. Way too early for my comfort.

However I dragged myself out of bed like always and went over into the bathroom connected to my spaces room. The tile was unbelievably cold on my bare feet, just like my lonesome bed.

Damnit I’m doing it again, I thought combing my fingers through my fucked up bed head hair. I didn’t even bother using a brush I just used my fingers and when it looked fine in the mirror I shagged it a bit and moved onto my next choir.

As I left the bathroom I headed over to my closet with yet another yawn while scratching my bare tummy. I grabbed a solid red shirt with buttons and a collar while grabbing some dark knee length shorts. I slipped them on real quick since I was in my boxers anyway and existed my room with a pair of my Nike’s in my hand.

I sat down on the huge couch in the main room of our hotel room. Rian was in the kitchen most likely making some grub for himself as Alex was flipping through the channels next to me. I didn’t know where Zack was, but knowing him he was either still asleep because he was worn out from his nightly weightlifting or was weightlifting right now.

This was my usual route where ever I was. Boring and the usual. It felt like I was stuck in this fucking rut. Well a morning rut anyway. Putting my shoes on I thought about going on tour. Making a new album was awesome as hell, but I wanted to be out on the road again with fans screaming for us and just doing what we do best.

“Hey Ri can you make me something too?” I called out to Rian as I saw him leaning against the counter waiting for the microwave to finish its countdown.

“Sure why not? You make me make you something everyday why change that?” Rian stated going into the freezer pulling out a frozen breakfast hot pocket.

“You know me too much for comfort Rian!” I exclaimed with a smile.

“You ask for the same fucking thing everyday.” Rian laughed with a roll of his eyes.

“Thanks a bunch!” I thanked as I winked and blew a kiss.

“Jack you’re so gay!” Alex whined looking at me.

“Am not you are!” I shouted as I slapped the back of his head.

“Ow! Friend abuse!” he shouted back as I laughed. The start of my day always started out asking for my breakfast and then Alex saying something and then me resulting in slapping him. I needed some change in my life. I need the open road. I need ..... someone there. Alex had his girlfriend, most likely soon to be wife, Rian had a girlfriend and Zack I think was starting to hang out and chat with this lady friend via phone and email.

Everyone had someone else to think about and hope to see as much as possible during our tour breaks or just breaks in general. Me? Who did I have to go home to? Who did I have to think about and hope to see in my spar time? No one other then the guys, but that was to play video games or just have some shots or beers. Nothing special.

I could have had that someone, but I let her get away.

Jack shut the fuck up just stop it, I yelled at myself, but I even responded back, I can’t just stop it ever since I saw her again after two years everything I’d worked so hard for to let go has come crashing down

“Jaaaaack cheer up buddy and stop looking gloomy!” Alex complained while poking my face repeatedly.

“Cut that out!” I whined as I slapped his hand away a few times “I’m just so tired!”

“Aw poor Jackie poo” Alex said in a baby voice as I just gave him a straight face. Alex grabbed my face and started pinching my cheeks.

“Gah! Get away! Get away!” I shouted covering my cheeks “Flip through your damn channels!”

Casey’s Prospective

As Martin and Bryan helped me set up the merchandise tent I was very giddy. I couldn’t wait to try this. When I was on tour we hadn’t had a merch girl or guy since we had just been starting out and didn’t have any offers. I had seen all the other bands stands with their shirts and wondered what it would be like to be one of them standing behind that table that divided customer and merchant.

When the tent was ready Martin and Bryan left to go backstage as Paul came and put the boxes down in the back of the medium sized tent. It was nice and shady under here and I didn’t have the fall sun beating down on me. Though it was cold it wasn’t cold enough to stop fans from coming to this outdoor concert. People were already lined up outside the stadium. I remembered when people had done that for us.

Around three hours later getting ready for the stand and just hanging out with the guys the people were allowed entrance finally. Because this place wasn’t the biggest there were people left and right within minutes. I stayed seated in my chair though so as not to look to desperate to have people buying stuff. After just a few minutes I had my first customers and I gave them a big beaming smile.

They stood for a few seconds silently talking to each other.

“Hey you guys know what you want?” I asked getting up after they both started to look at me.

“Yeah my friend wants the shirt numbered twelve” the teen said politely.

“No Leila I said I wanted the one that looks like the Motley Crue poster.” Her friend mumbled but I still heard and asked her friend directly what size she needed. I got the medium she asked for and waited as they looked the shirt over to see if it would fit. They next asked how much it was and I responded with a “$16”

She paid and the girl named Leila bought one of the two posters that I had laid out on the table. She paid ten bucks for it and they were both gone. That had been easy. I need more people so bring it.

About a half hour later there were so many people that wanted stuff from me that I was trying to remain calm I mean this was a good sized tent, but it was only me here!

“Excuse me would you like some help?” someone asked to the right of me. I looked and saw this girl with long brown hair swept off to the side with a black beanie on. I nodded rapidly and she started helping me out like a pro. Just a few minutes later the rush had passed and once again there was no one here.

The girl handed me the money she had collected and I hesitantly took it.

“Maybe I should give you some for helping me?” I mumbled biting my lip.

“Nah that’s fine I was just helpin out a newbie” she laughed with a cute smile.

“Well thanks a bunch for it I really needed it.” I sighed then remembered “Hey what about your tent?”

“Don’t worry my friends covering it I could help out here if you need it.” She suggested.

“Um, yes, that would be helpful I think.” I agreed nodding my head.

“I’m Sam by the way.” She said with a smile extending her hand out to me.

“Casey” I replied shaking her hand then asking after I let go “So how long have you been a merch girl?”

“Well I’m a photographer too I take pictures for Alternative Press, but I do some merch selling on the side while getting great snaps for the magazine.” She answered a smile beaming from ear to ear. It made me realize how much I missed being in the studio. This is what she seemed to love and I think that’s great. I think I could get along great with this girl.

“That’s amazing I read that magazine all the time.” I stated.

”Cool” she paused “So I see your with Boys Like Girls that awesome, but what made you decide you wanted to do this?”

“Well one so I could be with my boyfriend two I have a two month vacation from my job and three I always wanted to try this. I miss being on tour.” I replied.

“One of the BLG guys are hooked up with you? No way!” Sam exclaimed.

“Yes way!” I giggled.

“Which one?” she asked impatiently.

“Martin” I answered with a smile thinking about how he looked in the bunk this morning.

“Oh you got the hottest one.” She laughed “Though Paul is very charming too.”

“Well who are you with?” I asked taking a seat down in my comfy foldout chair.

“Well my band isn’t here yet they should be in about a month after Hey Monday leaves.” She stated looking at her nails.

“Oh and who would that be?” I smiled.

“All Time Low” she sighed with this huge smile on her face “I love being their merch girl they’re all great guys. Even if they all are taken besides Jack, poor Jack.”

“All Time Low?” I repeated as my mind started to drift away from everything.

“Yeah I tried my luck with Jack, but I think he’s got his mind set on another girl, but that’s ok because the merch guy for Cobra Starship I think has a thing for me.” She giggled leaning on the table, but making sure not to bend any of the posters.

All Time Low. I really couldn’t escape them.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D wow only 1 more reader and I'll have 100 already. You guys are the shit.
(Sorry I haven't been updating as much. I'm sorry, but I have the same exuse as anyone, school school school -_-)
I hope you liked this one! :D It's a nice looong chapter, no?

Image