‹ Prequel: Sick Little Games
Status: Completed. (But please continue to comment. I'd like to know what you thought of the story overall.)

We've Got Unfinished Business

03

Around three days later Boys Like Girls were finished with their album and ready to release and I was getting ready to have this new band come into the studio. I yawned as I looked at the bright computer screen in the dark. I wasn’t sure what time it was, but I had pulled an all-nighter again I knew that. I squinted my eyes looking for my coffee so I turned a computer screen to light up the other side of my desk and saw it. I grabbed it and righted the screen taking a swig of my coffee. I wasn’t all that tired and I was sure I could pull it through the day if I kept having coffee or Rock Stars, but I wasn’t all into drinking energy drinks anymore.

After I had cleared my computer of any songs from the Love Drunk album I leaned back in my seat. I had put all the finished songs on a floppy disk, flash drive, and CD. I did that because I was a very cautious person with this work since I didn’t want to lose anything at all. I had file cabinets filled with all three of these things for each band I had created an album for. There were also some other stuff in there too like copies of sheet music, lyrics, and just other ideas for safe keeping. I had everything and I was the only one with a key to those cabinets other then that no one could get in. I took my job very seriously.

For the longest time being a musician and being in a band was all I wanted to do and be. However over the past two years of striving to get a band going and coming up unsuccessful I figured if I couldn’t I could at least do something to do with music. I knew some people in this line of work so it was easy to get started in Hopeless Records they helped me learn what did what for the two years and I actually got a quick major since I had learned and retained so much information. That and I had a relative that teaches it and was able to rightly give me a major in it after taking a four hour long test to see if I could get one.

If I couldn’t get my own band started this is what I wouldn’t mind doing for the rest of my life. It was awesome and I was always in the know and got to hear new music first. It was a dream job I had discovered.

Next thing I knew there was a knock at the door. I looked up from behind my computer screens then looked back at my computer screens messing with it.

“The doors open you don’t have to knock.” I shouted loud enough for them to hear me and come in. The door opened and a bright light came in as I herd them fumble around for a light switch. When one of them found it the painfully bright lights came on and then they dimmed them lightly since it was on a dimmer.

I covered my eyes and put my elbows on the desk rubbing my eyes trying to adjust to the light then mumbled “Thanks for blinding me.”

When I was ok I spun around in my chair and got up still not looking at the group at the door. I walked over to the other side of the room, while hearing murmurs of the band, where the studio door was and went through it. Swiftly I walked over to the dry erase board, picked up the dry erase eraser, and erasing everything that was on the board. It all had to do with Martin’s band including the music and dumb inside jokes. Putting the eraser down turned around and looked out the big window from the other room where I usually sat and messed with recording buttons.

My eyes gazed over at the Band that was still waiting at the door and I gasped putting my hand up to my mouth. The saw me too and they were all surprised and stunned like me. I saw that Alex shouted and pointed at me, but because this room was sound proof I didn’t hear what he said. However I forgot myself for a moment that this was a sound proof room and shouted very loudly “It’s Mr. Gaskarth!”

Just as I was about to run out of the room to get to All Time Low they bet me too it and ran inside the recording room where I was standing there dumbfounded. They all ran up, but Rian and Zack walked, to me and hugged me tightly. I actually started to cry and leaned my head on Alex’s, I think it was Alex’s, chest and hugged back.

“Man when they told us the best pro they had here at the studio I didn’t know they meant our Casey!” Rian exclaimed laughing. When our little hugging reunion was over we all sat down in a circle on the ground. Its like we all didn’t want to take eyes off each other or something because we all just kind of sat there without thinking about it.

I looked around the circle with such a wide smile on my face. Alex still looked so much the same. His hair was still that awesome chocolate brown color and it was still that messy bed head look and he was wearing a red, grey, and white heavy plaid fleece I remembered he had when I last saw him and still those skinny jeans were working for him. Rian like always had his hair cut very short and he looked just a tiny bit older like the rest. He had on a grey Glamour Kills flying pig shirt and his usual lightish jeans and wore a big smile on his sweet face. Zack’s hair wasn’t curly like I had last seen as a matter of fact it had more shape to it other then his round poof ball and I liked it so much better. He had on white and gold jacket that was zipped all the way up with regular dark jeans on. Then at last I looked at Jack and it felt like my heart squeezed tightly in my chest. Jack had on just a regular light blue shirt with his AI cap on that was moved off to the side like usual, had on regular blue skinny jeans, and his hair was just one color now. It was dark brown, but still had the same hair style almost from when I had last seen him and he was still thin and good looking.

“You look different” Zack said breaking through the silence and looking at me.

“Yeah kind of I mean I did get a new hair style, let it grow out, and streak it blonde.” I smiled “My style of clothing is still pretty much the same though. Same goes with you guys as I can see.”

I glanced over at Jack who was seated next to Alex who was next to me. I just couldn’t look at him the same. Why? I know why. He didn’t even apologize all he did was make excuses.

“This is going to be great! It will be just like old times!” Alex shouted leaning to his left, my right, and hugging me tightly again. I guess he could hug me all he wanted since I no longer belonged to Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
:o and still I get soooo many people that are reading this and I am greatly thankful for that!!! Thank you guys so much for sticking with not only me, but Jack and Casey as well! lol

Also I know that Boys Like Girls does not belong to Hopeless Records, but rather Colombia Records. I only did that for the story line so roll with me. :)

Image