Status: One-shot; completed.

Loosing to Perfection

1/1

Fat, fat, fat, fat.

The horrid word was imprinted in her mind, like ink on paper. Erase one thing, you erase the other. Soon enough she was a slave to the word, a slave for the perfect figure, the perfect body. She was a girl with a mission, a deadly mission. In order to accomplish perfection, she started to take drastic measures, she started to change. Everybody wanted change. She wanted change.

She did change.

Left or right, extremes are always wrong. But there were no limits to this girls actions. Her whole life rotated around the word fat, that soon morphed into obese. Was she obese? Was she one of them? The enemy of her perfect vision, the sick ones?

Ugly. ugly, ugly

A new word was introduced into her life, another word was written on her paper-like mind. She found the solution to that too, though. She searched high and low for the most prestigious surgeons and redid herself.

After so much time, those three words intoxicated her mind, yet, she let them.

Perfect

The word was soon engraved on her heart. She was in search of that only thing - perfection. But, she didn't find that one thing. She wasn't able to grapple her thoughts and think up a solution. She was slowly loosing her mind, slowly succumbing to perfection. The only thing in her list she couldn't achieve. The only thing she wasn't able to describe nor think of.

Like ink on paper, you erase one you destroy the other.

The poor girl started to freak out, the perfect image of herself toppling to oblivion. My perfect vision? It didn't have a name now. The word that described her new self was now destroying her, the only positive word in the list became her enemy.

She was able to beat fat with her diet. She was able to destroy ugly with a scalpel. What about perfection? her longed goal, her solution to all her problems. Did she really achieve it? But against all her idea, she didn't. She wasn't perfect enough to outwit perfection. She was a loser.

Loser. loser, loser, loser,

All five words slowly drowned her, slowly killed her. She ignored her daily necessities and focused on one sole thing, her reflection. She stared at herself for hours and hours, trying to find anything wrong and to her astonishment, everything was wrong with her.

She placed her skeleton fingers on her C cup breasts. She was tipped forward, her body unable to carry the silicon couple. She tilted her head to the side and examined her pale, ghost-like face that revealed a straight nose. Her feeble arms lifted up her blouse and exposed her ribcage. She was sickly white and fragile, her mind likewise. Flat stomach, perfect nose-job, and big breasts meant nothing now.

Perfect.

The word ripped away from her any hope she had. It was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending was... Bad. I'm hoping to come up with something, but my ideas were drowned away in describing her passion over the word perfect.

Comments?