Guilty Pleasure About a Girl

Pete Wentz is the only reason we're famous

It has been three days since we came back home.

Three days since I haven’t seen William.

Three days since I feel as if a part of my heart has been ripped off me.

Three days since I’ve been dying slowly, as some cover song says.

I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, thinking of William and how three days a go I used to lay next to him, in his bed, not alone in a bunk with Alice in the bed below.
“what?” I asked when I heard a heavy sigh coming from the bed below mine as if I didn’t really knew the answer to my own question

“I miss him” she sounded sad “he haven’t even texted”

“maybe they’re busy” I was trying to comfort her although I was pretty much saying that to comfort myself

“or maybe he already forgot about me” she sighed again and rolled off bed “I’m hungry” she walked outside the room leaving me alone with my thoughts.

After checking my cell phone for the million time I fell asleep and got woken up like an hour later by the sound of what I think is Guns n Roses and Alice eating Corn Pops. Then I realized that can only mean one thing, she’s upset. She changed into “Without You” by Motley Crue, now I know she’s not upset, she’s suicidal.

I closed my eyes again and tried to picture William’s face in my head to ease my pain but I somehow knew it was only going to make things worse so I tried to fall asleep again.

I succeeded at that but my phone woke me up.

My heart started racing as soon as I checked the caller ID “William B” it read.

“hi” I tried to sound as chilled as possible

“Hello, sorry I haven’t called since yesterday night, I’ve been very busy”

“don’t worry baby, how are you?”

“good, just very tired but I’m excited about the new tour”

“I wish I was there to lay next to you”

“I wish the same although I have a feeling that it will become true shortly”

“huh?”

“nothing” I heard him laugh slightly “we’re making some chances, there’s probably going to be a new child on the Fueled by Ramen family”

“really?” I tried to sound as excited as him but I was failing, I only wanted him to tell me stuff about him not about business although I’m totally aware that he loves working and that makes him happy

“yeah, I’m so excited” his voice was a reassurance of that feeling

“so what’s the big change in the tour?”

“I won’t tell you, you’ll see it with your very own eyes”

“yeah, like two days after it happens, all pixilated and in you tube” he laughed

“you’re coming to our first show”

“there’s nothing I want the most in the whole world but I have school”

“you hate school”

“I do but …”

“but nothing” he cut me off “you’re coming. I might have to kidnap you and Alice but you both
will be here”

“I hope so” I sighed

“I miss you” my heart started beating even faster, the words I wanted to hear filled up my
ears

“I miss you too” I sighed again, a bit sadder this time

“what were you doing before I called?”

“laying in bed, trying to sleep”

“are you tired? Should I hung up and let you sleep?”

“no, no, no. I was trying to sleep so I could avoid thinking”

“oh” he cleared his throat “what was the terrible thing you thought of?”

“it wasn’t exactly terrible, I thought about you and I missed you so badly it hurt”

“I’m sorry” he sighed “believe me, there’s nothing in the whole world I want the most than being with you and I miss you too, a lot”

“I’m sorry I live so far away from you”

“is not your fault and I live far away from you too so, we’re both to be blamed in here”

“that doesn’t make a lot of sense”

“I know” he laughed “I’m tired, I don’t make sense, besides that was my biggest try at
making you laugh”

“you should go to bed Bill”

“I will but first I have to ask you something”

“what is it?”

“how’s Alice?” he paused and then spoke quietly “Gabe has been asking me about her
since the day you girls left, he told me he texted her a couple times and he has been debating either calling her or not today”

“Alice has been eating her body weight in cereal while listening to Motley Crue and Guns N Roses”

“so?”

“that means she’s depressed”

“why?”

“wait!” I paused “oh my God! She’s listening Seize the Day!”

“so?”

“have you ever heard that song? Is fucking depressing, there’s this line she’s singing right now that says “so what if I never hold you or kiss your lips again?” I think it fits to her current situation” I made another pause “has he been asking about her as in he’s worried about her as a friend or as in having some sort of romantic feeling towards her?”

“I think the second one, he seems to really like her”

“then why haven’t he at least texted her?”

“you know, Gabe’s the kind of boy who takes the fist step when it comes to having a physical relationship but gets into a shell of fear when it comes to having a emotional, romantic and loving relationship and as I told you he seems to REALLY like her so he might not take the first step”

“then they’re both fucked up”

“why?”

“because I know her and I know there’s nothing she wants the most in the whole world than call him, text him or have any sort of interaction with him but her newly built pride won’t let her”

“you’re right, they’re fucked up”

“just” I paused to think on my next statement “tell Gabe “Seize the Day or die regretting the time you lost” he will understand”

“ok” he sighed “baby I’m very tired and you sound tired too, we should go to bed”

“I’m already in bed there’s only one thing missing for me to sleep well”

“what is it?”

“you by my side”

“Marie Anne” he sighed “you’re making me feel sad”

“I’m sorry”

“believe me, there’s nothing in the world I want the most lay next to you and cuddle with you”

“you’re gonna make me cry”

“please don’t just sleep, ok?”

“yeah, goodnight”

“bye love, I’ll see you in two days”

I said bye for the last time but his last sentence kept echoing in my head until I fell
asleep “I’ll see you in two days”

Gabe’s POV

After today’s meeting with all the Fueled By Ramen family I spent the rest of the evening thinking of a good reason to text or call her without either sounding too desperate or ruining the big surprise but since I started to formulate a good conversation in my head I suspected I was going to fail.

I really needed to know how she was or what she was doing and if she was missing me or something beyond that. In all honesty I always knew I liked her as a friend and nothing else but since she told me she liked me I kind of feel I like her too and that might be the reason why I’m getting this nervous just to text her.

I got dragged back to reality by the sound of my phone ringing indicating me I had a new text message waiting at me to be read.

“hi, how was your day? Ali” I sighed in relief. Thanks to her I’m no longer obligated to go through the torture of thinking what to text.

“good, a little tired but ok, I had a long business meeting earlier. How are you?” I texted back and laid on my bed waiting for her to respond

“I’m sorry, why don´t you go to bed? My day was boring and frustrating but it just got better” the last sentence echoed in my head and it somehow made me smile “it just got better” maybe it got better because of me.

“I’m already in bed but I can’t sleep, I need someone to cuddle with to fall asleep. Why was it so bad? Is there something I can do to make you feel better?”

“wish I could do something to help you sleep. It was bad because I needed something but now that I got it I feel better. Just keep doing what you’re doing” if I understood correctly she was actually feeling better because for me, she wanted me to keep talking to her and she actually wanted to lay with me. Just the thought of it brought a smile to my face not because I wanted her but because I remembered the time we slept together, how nervous she was of being around me and how weird yet good felt laying next to her.

“don’t worry, I’ll let you rock me to sleep in two days. I’m glad I’m making you happy”

“two days? Yeah, I would but I’m afraid it’s gonna take longer than 2 days before I see you again”

I think I fucked up by telling her I was going to see her in two days, I knew I was going to fuck up the surprise anyway but I’ll try to play it cool besides, we still need approval first and the only way to know if we got it is if we get a call by Pete.

Once again I got dragged back to reality but this time was by my phone ringing indicating me somebody was calling me.

“yo!” I picked up

“who’s your daddy?”

“The guy who fucked my mom?”

“Who’s your favorite boss?”

“you?”

“exactly! Now get on your knees and kiss my feet!”

“why?”

“because I did it motherfucker!” he said in a cocky tone

“no shit!”

“yeah. Is kinda temporal though”

“how so?”

“they’re gonna be either first or second one on stage, they’re gonna perform a little acoustic set and by the end of the week if the kids seem to like them we’re going to sign them”

“sounds good to me”

“sounds fucking awesome to me”

“yeah, thank you”

“you owe me a bj” he laughed

“you gotta be kidding me”

“I’m not, you guys are pretty much doing it because you both want some pussy, why should I get some sort of sex too?”

“you know is not because of that” I defended

“I know” he laughed “I’m just joking, I know those two girls are important for both of you and we actually think they’re talented and have a lot of potential”

“yeah, they just need some polish and they’re gonna be ready to be main stream”

“hmm…yeah” he paused “there’s something else I need to tell you”

“I get the feeling I’m not gonna like it”

“actually not, you’re gonna love it”

“spit it out” I sighed

“since this is pretty much a last minute thing and their band isn’t big enough to have a van they’re going to ride with you guys”

“ with “you guys” as in Cobra Starship?”

“yeah or as in “The Academy is…” or as in “whoever of you is getting laid that night” is up to you”

“nice” needless to say a bunch of twisted thoughts started to plague my head

“or you can have Alice and Marie Anne can ride with William”

“or she can ride William” we both laughed

“I’m pretty much sure she’s already doing that”

“yeah, I hope

“so yeah, you want me to tell your girls as their new boss or you want to tell them and
surprise them?”

“I think it will be better if you call them so they won’t think we’re joking”

“ok but once you call them make sure you tell them to be here by tomorrow night so we can introduce them to the rest of the family at the pre tour party”

“I will boss”

“ok, call me tomorrow to see how things unfold”

“I will, sleep well”

“you too Gabey baby” he said in a girly tone and I hung up not without laughing at his voice, then I replied to Alice’s last text.

“you never know what’s gonna happen tomorrow baby” I pressed the “send” button and instead of waiting for her reply I called William to tell him the good news, I knew she was going to be busy talking anyway.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alice’s POV

Surprising, hectic, crazy, unbelievable …there are so many words and none of them describes my current situation.

Last night, while I was texting Gabe I got a call from Pete Wentz offering me and Marie Anne a spot at their tour as a small acoustic opening act, needless to say we said yes and we’ve been jumping up and down in excitement since he told us.

But as in everything, there’s a catch, we are not getting signed right away, they’re gonna give
us a temporary contract which is more than I thought we deserved at that moment since we don’t really have songs, we only jam every once in a while so that’s another thing to worry about, we need to build from scratch at least seven decent songs by tomorrow.

Although right now I feel the weight of the world in my shoulders, the only thing I’m letting myself worry about is looking at least slightly pretty for Gabe.

How shallow is that on my part? I’m not worried about my lack of musical career, dropping out of school, telling my friends we’re leaving or telling my family I’m leaving to tour with a bunch of hot guys, no! I’m only worried about looking good for a guy that’s so out of my league.

Marie Anne and I started to pack some of our stuff as quickly as possible so we can go back to our hometown, tell our families we’re leaving and then catching a flight all the way up to the USA but first we had to tell our friends from school so since it was Wednesday morning and they were already in class I texted them telling them to cross the street and meet us at our apartment. They skipped a class so they could meet with us, they arrived twenty minutes after I sent them the message.

They knocked on our door and I opened the door for them, we asked them to sit so we can talk to them and they sat not without avalanching us with questions about our absence in school this morning.

“so you girls remember be just came back from California…” I started

“yeah, what happened?” Marissa asked.

We’re a very cool group of friends; the most noticeable of our features besides being very loud is that we’re all very different from eachother.
Mayra is the most understanding of the whole bunch, Annabel is the quiet and sweetest one, Analy is the kind of girl who always has a smile on her face, Marissa is the most eager one, Giselle is the kind of girl who stands up for you if you’re in trouble and Marie Anne and me well…we’re Marie Anne and Alice.

“well…things happened in there and…”

“wait” Mayra cut me off “why are you girls packing?” everybody’s sight went to our luggage and then back at us

“that’s the thing” I sighed “I’ll make it short”

“we’re leaving to tour with all the guys we met in California!” Marie Anne yelled excited and started jumping up and down, the girls all stood up and started hugging us and jumping.

“I’m so so happy for you” Analy told me while hugging me

“but what about school?” Annabel asked

“we’re gonna take this week off and see what happens, we’re not getting signed right away so…” Marie Anne said while she hugged Mayra

“so I’m very excited for you girls” Giselle hugged Marie Anne from her back

“so you girls are going to sleep in bunks and ride with William and Gabe?” Marissa asked with a typical mischievous smile on her face

“yeah” we nodded

“then you girls should be very careful with those guys, nobody wants a baby Billy or a Gabey baby yet” she laughed

“a baby Billy would be a blessing any day” Marie Anne said

“and Gabe is too hot to say no to him, haven’t you seen him?”

“yeah” she nodded “I’ve seen both of them that’s why I’m giving you this advice”

“besides” Mayra started “we all trust you both and we all know you girls are smart enough
not to screw up”

“just make sure that if you give love you wear a glove” Giselle joked

“we all knew is going to be hard resisting William’s beauty and Gabe’s hotness but I’m sure you girls can handle it” Analy said and gave us another hug

“so what are you girls waiting for? You need us to help you pack?” Annabel said but got interrupted by a knock on the door which was weird since we weren’t expecting anybody.