Status: active: updates may take a while due to school work

Unintended

Act VI: Screenager

To: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
From: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
Date Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2008 12:02 AM
Subject: We made it alive to Italy!
Attachments: italy01.jpeg, italy02.jpeg

Gabriella-

Greetings from Italy! It's been about a week since we've arrived here and since then, we've all been working non-stop in the studio. Dom's even slept on the couch overnight two days ago because he was working on drum tracks all night long. We haven't done much yet aside from work, which means we have yet to explore the sights around Italy. Chris is complaining about not getting a chance to see the markets in the mornings, since he's promised he would bring his kids gifts. Miserable prat; he's just desperate for a stroll around the lovely neighborhood where we are.

Dom's loved every minute of it here so far. He's been able to eat pasta everyday whenever he wishes due to all the great little eateries that are near the villa where we're recording, though I do believe he's beginning to feel the effects of the starch since he is no longer able to button his white trousers. Chris keeps telling him, 'I told you this would happen' but Dom continues to shovel more pasta down, claiming his weight gain has nothing to do with the meals he's been consuming. I don't know what to do with either of them.

We've been working on a new song called 'Uprising' these past few days. The synth pays homage to the Doctor Who theme song, which reminded me of you. I know you'll get a laugh out of it when you finally get the chance to hear the mastered version. By the way, did you ever decide on joining the Who special? I know you're torn between juggling that and the new play but still, it's an opportunity to be a part of one of your favorite shows. I wouldn't pass that up.

We've got another song we've been working on called 'I Belong to You', which has a little more of a jazzy feel to it. I actually rather like how it's turned out so far, though it's definitely missing something. It doesn't seem finished yet but I guess there's still time for us to work out the kinks, eh? We've got another two weeks here before we return home. I have to admit, it's nice to be able to escape London and relax near the riverbanks here in Italy. A change of location has done our creative processes well. I'm confident that we're going to bring back some good tracks for you to listen to.

I hope you're doing well back at home. How're things going for the play? Has there been much headway in the initial stages of making that Shakespeare production into a play or is it still in the tedious meetings with directors and crew? Hopefully you still have time to spend doing things you enjoy. I'd hate to think that work has consumed you completely.

Bugger. Dom's pestering me about how long I've hogged the laptop so I must stop here. Chris waves 'hello' and Dom said something about sending you pictures of when we venture out to Milan next week. Hope all is well. Look forward to hearing your response. Don't get into too much trouble without us!

-Matt Bellamy


To: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
From: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
Date Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2008 3:38 PM
Subject: Re:We made it alive to Italy!

Matt-

I'm glad to hear that you've made it to Italy safely. I was beginning to wonder if your plane had crashed or something when I hadn't heard from you after you left London. It's good to know that you've all just been really busy with work. I'm sure you're all producing excellent material for the album that I cannot wait to hear. I'm sure it will be good.

God, you've been in Italy for a week and haven't been able to explore it yet? How unfair! I would've seized any free moment I could and gone out to see the beautiful scenery, especially since you're on that villa near the riverbank. I got the pictures you sent me of the house and it's completely gorgeous. The glamorous life of a rock star… how I envy this part of your job. My job doesn’t require me to travel to Italy. When you get the chance to go out and see everything that the country has to offer you, you must give me the details. I need to know what it's like. Send pictures!

My boring life of running around from meeting to meeting has unfortunately, returned. I've been busy with talking to the directors about the schedule of this play and how that's going to pan out. It seems that the opening for this play will be sometime next spring, which is fine with me. It gives me a little more time to learn the lines as well as accept other job offers, including the Doctor Who role.

The only really unfortunate thing I've had to endure during these meetings has been my co-star's relentless attempts to flirt with me. As you know, Ianto Marks is the ladies' man of the London West End so it was only a matter of time before he tried to make his move on me. He told me last week that he read that magazine article that suggested you and I were involved somehow and he felt rather jealous of you because you were the lucky bastard that got to me first. When I told him that the article blew our friendship out of proportion, he began the excessive flirting. I should have just used you as a smokescreen so I wouldn't have to endure his advances. Don't get me wrong, he's a perfectly nice guy but I wish he would ease up on the flirting so we could work comfortably together.

HAHA. Poor Dom. It sucks he's underestimated his metabolism when it comes to starchy foods. I'm sure with a little work, he'll be able to work off the extra pounds, though he'll probably have to lay off the pasta for a while. I can just imagine Chris making fun of him now. God, I miss you guys. Even though we've just recently met, I could always rely on you bunch to make me laugh when I need it.

Sorry to keep this so short. Believe it or not, I'm typing this e-mail on a cell phone I borrowed from one of my co-workers. Having a keyboard to type on comes in very handy in situations like this where I'm waiting to go in for another meeting. I think I might have to invest on a new phone with this feature. Anyway, I'm babbling because it's time for this damn meeting and I'm not looking forward to it. Ugh, "Once more unto the breach dear friends…" I thought some Shakespeare was rather appropriate given the type of play I'm in.

Well, here's where I'll end this rather boring e-mail of my life thus far. Have fun in Italy! Give the guys my love and wish them well for me. I look forward to hearing from you again!

-Gabriella Nightingale


To: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
From: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
Date Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2008 9:00 PM
Subject: Re:Re:We made it alive to Italy!
Attachments:italy03.jpeg, italy04.jpeg,italy05.jpeg, italy06.jpeg,italy07.jpeg, italy08.jpeg

Buona sera Signorina Nightingale!

You have no idea how good it was to sit down after a long day of recording and read your e-mail. I was actually glad to hear some kind of news from London. I guess I'm at the point of the trip where I actually miss the busy streets and rushing of people along the sidewalks. It's a totally different atmosphere in Italy. Here, everyone seems a lot more leisurely than back home. I miss hearing the sounds of traffic on a chilly spring evening from my flat window. I miss sleeping in my own bed. I guess despite all of Italy's beautiful serenity, I just miss the city life in general.

It was unfortunate to learn about your annoyance with your co-star, though from what I've read about him, he sounds a lot like the kind of guy that will have a hard time accepting the word 'no'. If you'd like, feel free to claim me as your boyfriend so the flirting stops. I wouldn't mind it. Anything to help a friend in need.

I'm glad to hear that you're able to take that extra role in the Doctor Who special. That's excellent news. I told Dom and Chris and they wanted me to pass along their expressions of jealousy, though I won't repeat what Dom had to say. It was rather foul and in distaste, earning him a few good whacks on the back of the head from me and Chris. I'm sure you'll have a blast once that begins filming… which is when? Do you know when the special will air?

Chris, Dom, and I have spent the last week, fiddling around with the musical arrangements the two tracks I told you about in the last e-mail before we took a little time off to explore. After much debate and many psilocybin mushrooms, we went looking around at the main sights of Milan like Sforza Castle. We got some other group of tourists to take a picture of the three of us in a Charlie's Angels pose in front of the castle, which was a big hassle since none of us spoke German. After roaming through the art museums for a awhile, we decided to grab some pizza from a small little restaurant close by, where Dom began to eat the majority of the pizza himself. It's astonishing how much he can eat. I seriously question whether he's really human or if he was some kind of alien experiment gone awry that they left behind.

Most of the pictures I got were of us acting like stoned, idiotic teenagers but still, you can see the amazing sights of Italy in the background. There's a picture of the Teatro alla Scala, the opera house where I saw Camille Saint-Saëns' Samson and Delilah last night. I know, you probably didn't take me as a big opera fan but let me tell you, it was so beautiful to actually attend a live performance. One of the arias of the opera actually fits along perfectly with "I Belong to You" so I decided to work it in. It was the missing link I had been looking for. I can't wait for you to listen to it. I'm sure you'll have lots of feedback on that track once you hear it.

Dom's been working on some drum beats for a new unnamed song, which sounds bloody fantastic. It reminds me a lot of most of the hip-hop songs on the radio these days. I'm sure something good will become of that material once he works out the kinks with the drum machines.

Chris has been his usual self: sleeping sitting up on the couches in the studios or jamming on his bass between takes. He's a lot less restless since he's been able to go on walks through the neighborhood.

As for me, I'm just enjoying the process as much as I can. Though the overwhelming feeling of being homesick has set in recently, I can't but enjoy everything that Italy has to offer. Most nights, when I get spare time, I go up to the balcony of the villa overlooking the river and stare at the starry sky. It's a very peaceful sight that I wish you could see with your own eyes. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Well, I'm off once again to work on some lyrics for Dom's drumming masterpiece. Hopefully we'll be able to leave Italy with three songs completed and ready to record. At the rate we're going, it's possible that we'll finish this thing earlier than anticipated but I'm sure I just jinxed us with saying that. Hope all is well. It's good to know there's someone else I know working just as hard as I am doing exactly what they love. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

-Matt


To: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
From: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
Date Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2008 6:16 AM
Subject: Re:Re:RE:We made it alive to Italy!

Matt-

It's good to know that you're learning some Italian while you're there. By the way, I've been meaning to ask why you picked Italy of all places to record. I've been rather curious about that for a while now but forgot to ask in my first e-mail sent to you.

I quite enjoyed the pictures you sent of your exploration of Milan. Why don't I find it hard to believe that you three were under the influence of mushrooms while visiting these historical monuments? I remember you mentioning taking mushrooms on occasion but I never thought you would take them while in the middle of recording your record. I thought for sure you'd want to keep a clear head while writing but I'm not one to judge the flow of creative processes. We're quite different when it comes to developing our art therefore I have no idea what really goes into writing a song. Though, it must have been fun to look at all that art while stoned out of your minds!

I loved the picture of you in your tux in front of the opera house. You looked quite handsome and dashing, I must admit, almost like James Bond. I'm quite jealous of the fact that you were able to see Samson and Delilah at the Teatro alla Scala. I've wanted to see an opera there for years. Now I really am jealous of the fact that you're in Italy! You've given me one more reason to hate you for going off to another country to record. Haha, but anyway, I'm glad that you found inspiration in an aria from that opera. Camille Saint-Saëns writes beautiful music.

My life has still not changed much, which is rather sad. I met with the producers of Doctor Who and found out my role for the special, which starts filming in a few weeks. I can't wait to begin that. I've already met with the cast and I met with THE Doctor himself, Mr. David Tennant, who's a very sweet, comical man. I felt like a giddy teenager speaking to her school crush when I met him. I could die happy right now knowing I was able to meet The Doctor. I'm glad you urged me into taking this role Matt. It really is quite an unforgettable adventure.

Aside from the exciting moment of meeting the actor who plays my favorite fictional character, I've been rushing around all over London to the final meetings of the play. We start the read-thrus as well as stage blocking soon for that so I'm pretty excited. Most of the time, I want to just fall asleep during the boring meetings about budget and whatever else is discussed. All those meetings seem to blur together like some kind of bizarre déjà vu type dream. I couldn't honestly tell you what anyone said during the meetings since I'm doodling pictures on the sides of my script.

Now, on the Ianto front, things seems to have gotten better once I told him I had absolutely no interest in developing any kind of romantic relationship with anyone. He stopped flirting with me and moved onto the poor girl who's playing Celia. I'm sure she doesn't know what will happen in a few weeks when he grows tired of her company and finds someone new but it's not my place to intervene. I plan on just sitting back and avoiding the train wreck that is to come in the future.

It was awful sweet of you to offer me the option of using you as my smokescreen boyfriend to get Ianto to stop but I knew if I did that, the rumors would start to spread and then the tabloid articles would become much worse. I know Carolina would stir up some kind of trouble with a declaration of my new romance to a rock star so I thought it best to just continue to insist that you and I were only friends. Only now have the tabloids moved on from splashing our personal lives all over the front page but thank you all the same. You're too good a friend to me.

It's early morning right now in London and just an hour away from the time I have to be at another meeting with the director of Doctor Who about filming schedules so I'm taking all the time I can with writing you this e-mail. I barely had the time to sit down and read the last one you sent. Moments like this where I actually get to spend some time in my apartment, I often hope to hear the muffled sounds of your piano playing but become disappointed with the reminder that you're not here by the silence in the air. I really do miss you as well as the guys.

Last night, I had a taxi drop me off a few blocks from our building and walked the rest of the way to my apartment, looking up at the cloudy sky. I wondered if you were looking at the same sky as me at that moment, thinking about how nice it would be to just float away on a cloud and not have to worry about work. I could almost imagine what the wind would feel like against our faces as we swooped throughout the night sky on a fluffy cloud. It reminded me of some dreams I had in my childhood.

Ok, I've made this e-mail long enough. Any more writing and I'll turn this into a novel rather than a simple update of my life. Hope all is going well over there. Tell Chris and Dom I say hello and that I miss both of them terribly. Enjoy the last few days you have in Italy. You'll be home soon enough to enjoy the comforts of your own home. Good luck with the writing! Talk to you soon!

-Gabriella


To: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
From: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
Date Sent: Friday, April 27, 2008 1:28 AM
Subject: Progress Report from Italy

Gabriella-

I'm happy to report that our time in Italy is soon drawing to a close. Our last day here is Sunday. Monday morning, we're catching a plane back to London and hopefully we'll be back in our respective homes that evening to sleep off all the sun and warmth of this beautiful country. I'm a little sad to be leaving so soon but I know it's a necessary evil. Despite how much I love it here, I miss London and cannot stand Dom's whining about wanting to eat fish and chips. He's been craving that about three days into our stay here.

It's good to hear that you're enjoying the work on the Doctor Who special. I knew you would. I can hardly wait to see it completed, though I know it won't be out for another year or so. You're not allowed to spill any secrets about it to me. I want to be able to watch it without knowing all the spoilers. It'll be more fun that way. Oh, Dom just told me to tell you he's angry that you got to meet The Doctor. I'm sure he'll get over that hatred when he sees you once again. Maybe you should bribe him with an autograph, yeah?

It's also good to hear that the tedious meetings for your play are drawing to an end. At least now you'll be able to work on bringing Rosalind to life. I know you'll find some way to make Rosalind into a fun character that I'll want to watch. I have to admit, Shakespeare was not my strong point in prep school. I couldn't wrap my head around the iambic-pentameter but boy, did that man know how to craft a clever plot! Trust me, I'll be doing some studying before the curtain goes up on your play. I want to be able to fully enjoy the experience as well as understand what the bloody hell you're saying!

Ah, I really miss London. It's been torture on all of us not being able to invite you round the studio for a laugh. One time, I wanted to tell you something funny I thought about earlier in the day (though now I cannot remember what it was) so I left my room and knocked on the door next to me, thinking I was still back at my flat in London, and I was shocked to see Chris standing there in his boxers, looking very cross with me. It was only when he told me to bugger off that I realized you weren't next door because I was still in Italy and that it was nearly midnight. I think it's safe to say that I miss you as well.

Unfortunately, I'll have to keep this e-mail shorter than the others. It's fifteen to two in the morning as I finish writing this and I'm completely knackered. When we get back to London, do you think you'll be able to make time for me one evening so we can have dinner at my place for a friendly catch-up? I've learned some new recipes while I've been here as well so I'm ready to impress you with my improved culinary skills.

Just let me know. Can't wait to see you again.

Dom and Chris send their love.

-Matt


To: bellamyhullabalu@gmail.co.uk
From: ellanightingale22@hotmail.com
Date Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2008 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: Progress Report from Italy

You're coming home tomorrow!

Sorry. I thought I should greet you with some enthusiasm, especially since you'll be returning to London sometime tomorrow. You have no idea how lonely I've been without you lot around. Sometimes I'd find myself saying something to my co-workers that only Dom would laugh at (since he's got the mind of a perverted eleven year old boy) or wishing Chris was here to make me some amazing coffee. Of course I've missed your late night visits to my apartment to share some bizarre idea you had randomly during the day as well. I nearly died of laughter when you told me that you woke poor Chris up thinking it was my flat. Poor fellow; I'm sure all he wanted to do was sleep at that time at night.

Good news: I'll begin filming for Doctor Who next week so I'll be able to make time for us to have some dinner some time after your triumphant return. Please tell Dom that if he's a good boy, I might consider introducing him to The Doctor. I'm sure he'll wet himself with excitement for that one. I just better not get tackled into another hug like last time when I crashed into the end of the table. I wound up with a large bruise on my left side because of that incident.

Ha, I can't imagine you having a difficult time with English in prep school. You're a lyricist for the love of God! How is it possible for a lyricist to have trouble understanding Shakespeare? Ah well, I'm glad you're willing to brush up on the language in order to understand my play. That's very flattering. Now I'll have to figure out a way to portray this woman masquerading as a man in love with her comrade in a way that you'll be able to understand without using the language as a crutch. I'm up for the challenge!

Shit, I need to get back to rehearsals. I've hijacked a co-worker's Blackberry this time. I should really just upgrade my phone so I don't have to steal everyone else's. I look forward to seeing you guys when you return! Let me know what night you want to have dinner and I'll make sure to keep a clear schedule for you.

Miss you lots! Tell the boys that I'll see them soon and throw in a hug for each of them on my behalf (just make sure there's ass grabbing with that hug; don't want Dom getting the wrong idea and thinking I've accepted to join him as his concubine bride). Have a safe trip back!

-Gabriella
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy.