Status: Complete

The Saltwater Room

1/1

I walked slowly along the sandy California beach. I looked out to sea, the bright moon shone down on the water which, in the dim light looked black. I listened carefully as the waves crashed peacefully against the pier. The warm breeze scuffed up my hair as the cold water surrounded my feet. I stared out at the breath taking view, it really was beautiful.

I listened carefully, staring out into the distance, the swishing of the waves calmed my nerves. I let a contempt sigh pass my lips as I shuffled my feet along. The stars in the sky where bright, each star sparkled like a thousand diamonds. They looked like crystals, ones you could never put a price on… there where a lot of things you couldn’t put a price on, one was him. I ran my large hand through my hair, sighing again nibbling nervously on my lip.

I watched as a cruse slowly made its way across the horizon, it’s loud horn hit my ears, it certainly was an unwanted sound spoiling the beautiful view. I thought about him, about how his hair looked radiant and felt so soft , how his bright brown eyes sparkled, brighter than the nights stars. A perfect picture of Ed flashed my mind. How had I been best friends with him for so long and never noticed how perfect he was until now?

I turned towards the bright colourful lights of the California beach huts, some weren’t lit, but it was eleven thirty PM. I thought about the time zone at home, everyone would be asleep then I wondered about Ed… was he asleep in the hotel?

I walked across the beach to return back to the hotel, I made my walk slow, to enjoy the thinking time I was getting, it was relaxing. The sand began to gather in-between my toes, I disliked it when that happened, but at that moment in time it didn’t bother me. The only thing that played my mind was Ed. His smooth delicate skin, his beautiful chocolate eyes, his flawless completion, the way his cheek bones show when he smiles, the way the room lights up when he smiles, his gorgeous smile.

I never thought I was gay, I knew I’d always been curious about boys, but never this serious. The last few months it had been obvious, my feelings had become clear, I was totally and utterly in love with Edward Minton. Tonight was the night I was planning on telling him, I thought the time was right, but I suppose I just kept putting it off. So here I am, walking the famous California beach, I suppose I wimped out. But I knew one thing was for sure, if he was still awake when I reach the hotel, I was going to tell him.

“Alex?” A soft angelic voice softly removed me from my thoughts.

I looked up from the golden sand, his dark shadow was approaching , my heart was now on his sleeve. The time had come, then I knew, I just had to tell him, even if it was the end of our friendship, the band, everything we’d worked for, he deserves to know.

“Hey Eddie…” I whispered as my breath hitched in my throat “I need to tell you something.”

“Alex, are you okay? Why are you out so late? I was worried about you…” After he’d stopped rambling his pretty smile turned to a worried glare when he’d realised what I’d said.

“Whats wrong?” He whispered stepping closer to me, staring deep into my grey eyes.

I stared back, his eyes drew me in, I just wanted to get closer to him, to kiss those pink full lips, to feel them on my own.

“Alex?” Ed whispered waiting.

“Eddie… I need to tell you…” I took a deep sigh, glancing at the floor, running over my next few words in my head carefully “I’m totally and utterly in love with you.”

Ed’s lips parted, he took a quite breath in. He didn’t blink, he continued to stare into my eyes. I glanced down at the sand, my eyes resting on a white pearl sea shell, it was glistening, but I wasn’t really focused on it at all. I felt two fingers pressed to my chin, my head was moved upwards, my eyes met with those of an angel.

Ed leaned forward, he tilted his head to the right, as did I. Our eyes slipped shut, I felt his warm breath hit my lips, milliseconds later his lips where softly pressed to mine. It felt like the world was spinning, it was all so perfect, like it was a dream.

Pulling away, Ed slid his hands over my hips, pulling me closer to him. My breathing was uneven, my heart was thumping loudly in my chest, I didn’t know what was going on. Ed pulled me into a hug, snuggling his face into my scruffy brown hair, his lips nearly touching my left ear.

“Our time together isn’t quite enough, I hate it when we’re apart, that’s why I came looking for you tonight… to tell you Alex… I’m in love with you.”

“Marry me Eddie?” I whispered into his hair.

I’m sure he could feel my heart beat, it was beating so hard in my chest, I’d be surprised if he couldn’t hear it.

“I’ve dreamt of those words Lex, of course I will… you’re my whole world… never leave me.” He whispered back into my ear.

I let out a shaky breath, then my lips curved into a smile when I realised what just happened, me and Ed are sharing the rest of our lives together. Forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment, tell me what you think... and remember, it was wrote at one in the morning...