Status: About to be rewritten. Please read the Author's note (Chap 50) for further information. Thks x

Dreams of Tomorrow

Chapter 13.

“Calm down Athalya, it’s no big deal really…”

That’s what she said every morning since Billie Joe told her she’d be flying to SF at the end of the week.

It was Friday morning now, she had her usual backpack for school and a bigger bag, but not too big, with her stuff for the week end.

Her heart was pounding in her chest when she zipped up the bag.

She was going to San Francisco and was going to see Mike and Tré and BJ’s family. She was going to see Adrienne again, and also meet Joseph and Jacob. She blinked and bit her lip.

Maybe that wasn’t a good idea after all, she should just stay home and pretend to be sick. And then, she’d feel terrible for not going…

She slapped her forehead, grabbed her bags and walked downstairs. She dropped everything in the hall and stopped by the kitchen to eat some breakfast.

“Do you have everything?” asked David, smiling at his granddaughter when she walked in.

“I think so. I checked twice.” She said, taking a bowl and pouring some cereals and then grabbed the bottle of milk.

“Are you nervous?” asked Suzan with a small smile.

“Oh yeah… I’m still wondering whether I should go or not ya know…” mumbled Athalya.

“Billie Joe called yesterday when you left to go to the park with the guys. He asked if you were ready for tomorrow, he sounded excited.” Said Suzan.

Athalya groaned.
“Why does he have to be so nice and caring?” she mumbled to herself, before swallowing some cereals.

“That only proves that not everyone is mean and bad. There are some nice people out there Athalya.” Said David.

“But why does he have to be so nice to me? I didn’t do anything to deserve it!” she muttered. “I just don’t understand why and that’s bothering me because I feel like I don’t deserve it.” She ranted.

“Your mother was real close to Billie Joe and also the guys. She was their best friend and I guess Billie Joe wants to be here for you in memory of the old days… That’d work, right?” asked Suzan.

“Sure it does, but Mum couldn’t be that awesome for Billie Joe to buy me a car once I have my licence, and pay for my studies…” she said, frowning.

“She had always been there for him when he lost his dad. We used to live right across the street from his mother’s house. They grew up together.” Clarified David. “Billie Joe wants to be there now that she’s gone.”

“Yeah, now that she’s gone… He couldn’t have show up earlier, could he? I mean why now? Why not earlier? He isn’t broke, he has plenty of money and he’s ready to spend it in useless things such as buying plane tickets so I can go see him for two days. Why? He could have come to France! Why didn’t he, huh?” she ranted, digging into her cereals, frowning.

“He was busy with the albums, and Dookie’s phenomenal success… And to be honest, your mother wasn’t very talkative, I mean, they kind of lost tracks of each others for a while…” explained Suzan.

“It still doesn’t make sense to me, but I’m going to shut up for once and put up with it.” She declared, finishing her cereals and putting the empty bowl and spoon in the sink.

“Well, Jimmy will be there shortly.” She said, rubbing her neck.

“Bye mamie.” Said Athalya, hugging her grandmother. “Bye papy.” She said, hugging her grandfather.

“I’ll see you on Sunday, right?” she said, heading to the hall to put on her shoes.

“Monday… You’ll arrive just in time for school…” explained Suzan.

“Wh-what? Oh whatever…” she mumbled, putting her Chucks on and then grabbing her black hoodie.

“Bye, have fun while I’m gone!” she said, waving at them and blowing them a kiss.

“And try to stop thinking for a while and enjoy your week end with rock stars!” said David, opening the front door and winking at her.

“I promise I won’t touch drugs nor will I drink alcohol!” she said playfully.

“Of course you won’t.” said Suzan, smiling warmly and waving at Jimmy and Brian as the car stopped in front of the house.

“Yo!” she said, high fiving Brian and then Jimmy as she slid on the backseat, closing the door, buckling her seatbelt and waved at her grandparents.

“Wow, are you leaving?” asked Jimmy, making Brian turned on his seat and look at Athalya.

“Nah, just going to SF for the week end… So yeah, you won’t have to drive me back home today…” she explained softly, a little nervous.

“Alright…” said Jimmy, nodding. “Who’s driving you to the airport?” he asked.

“My mother’s friend. He’ll fly with me to SF and I’ll stay with him and his family for the week end.” She explained.

“Alright then, I guess there’s nothing I can do to stop you, right?” asked Jimmy.

“Nope, sorry Jimmy.” She said.

Jimmy shrugged, pretending he did not care, while Brian was frowning on the passenger seat.

“Too bad.” Jimmy said. “We were having a party at Matt’s place. You’d have loved it.”

“I’m alright.” Said Athalya. “I’m actually happy you know, I always wanted to go to SF.” She explained.

“Yeah, but they are old people, you’ll get bored real fast…” said Jimmy.

“I beg to differ Jimmy…” she whispered, looking out of the window.

The morning went back slowly, too slowly for Athalya as she just wanted the bell to rung. She could see herself sitting in Billie Joe’s car.

**

Lya and her friends were all sitting underneath the oak tree, next to the parking lot. Lya was laying on her stomach on the grass, her head resting on her crossed arms. Her head was shaded by the tree. Matt was laying down as well, his head resting on Val’s lap and she was absentmindly running her hand through his hair. Zacky, Justin, Jimmy and Johnny were talking about the upcoming Friday night, that night. Brian was watching Lya.

He couldn’t help but wonder who she was. Well, that’s a stupid question. He knew how she was, Athalya, his best friend. That was all he knew, except some little facts like she loves Green Day maybe a little too much for him, she wasn’t too fond of the sun, she was always cold, she lived with her grandparents and her mother died.
She was always either reading, or listening to music. She wasn’t much of a talker, more of a listener.

Brian looked at his friends and noticed the smiles on their faces as they were talking about the party. Athalya wasn’t smiling often, but when she did, it was a genuine one and you just wished she would smile more often. The thing with Athalya was that she was a complete mystery to Brian and he already had troubles understanding girls’ minds, but with Athalya it was even more difficult. She made him think way too much for his health.

A car pulled up and the window rolled down. A man with black sunglasses looked at the group of friends before his eyes landed on Athalya. He smiled and caught a young guy glaring at him. He smiled even bigger and got out of the car. He slowly made his way over to Athalya, ignoring the furious glare the young man was giving him and lightly shook her shoulder.

“Fuck you Jimmy!” she mumbled.

“Why? Thank you! I didn’t do anything!” protested Jimmy, while glaring at the man. Matt sat up, ready to beat the shit out of the man when he spoke.
“Athalya , don’t you think you forgot something?” he asked and immediately, her eyes opened. She sat up and looked at him before letting out a gasp “B” she yelled, jumping on her feet, rushing to stand in front of him awkwardly.

He just laughed and patted her head with a smile on his face.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Sure am B!” she said with a smile that made Brian melt, except that it wasn’t directed to him. She grabbed both her bags in one hand. “Well guys, I’m going now… I’ll see you later, yeah?” she said, waving at them.

They all starred at her, not believing her reaction.

Lya nearly ran to the car and ‘B’ got in the driver seat. He started the engine and soon ‘the Beatles’ blasted through the stereo. He drove off and Lya waved at her friends a few seconds before they disappeared down the road.

“Is it me or does this ‘B’ guy looks way too old for her?” asked Johnny, voicing the thoughts of the whole group.

“She’s happy. That’s all that matters.”

“He’s like 30 or something…” muttered Brian darkly, tightening his grip on the water bottle in his hands.

“How did she even manage to have a boyfriend when she just arrived?” asked Justin.

“Age is just a number Brian…” said Val, rolling her eyes. “I don’t care who she is with, as long as she’s happy.” She said. “And she sure looks happy. Did you see her smile when she saw him?” she asked, smiling at the thought.

Brian groaned something and glared at the parking lot, where ‘B’’s car was just parked a minute ago.

Who the hell was he?

“Brian, stop glaring at the parking lot, it won’t made her come back!” said Zack, patting his back. Brian didn’t say anything and try to push Athalya to the back of his mind.

“That would be her mother’s best friend…” said Jimmy, looking at Brian and then at Justin. “She told us he would pick her up at lunch time…” he explained to the rest of the group. “She has no boyfriend as far as I know.”

After that, everyone minded their own business, going back to talk about the party until it was time for Brian to go back to his school for the afternoon.

“She fucking jumped when she saw him…” mumbled Brian, when they were away from the group, with Jimmy walking by his side. “She ran to him…” he muttered, insisting on the word ‘ran’.

Jimmy opened his car, shaking his head softly.

“What?” snapped Brian.

“You’re just jealous…” commented Jimmy, getting on the driver seat.

“I’m not jealous, I just can’t believe my eyes, that’s all. I never saw her react that way, blushing and everything..” He said.

Jimmy shook his head,
“She’s just like any other girls, face it Brian.”

“Not Athalya!”

“How could you know that? You barely know her!” retorted Jimmy.

“Then why do you care so much? You don’t know her either!” snapped back Brian. The two best friends glared at each other for a few seconds before Jimmy reached out and patted Brian’s head.

“Don’t worry about her…” he said with a small smile before starting the engine.

Brian grumbled something under his breath but let it go…

**

Athalya was sitting on the passenger seat, not able to hide her smile as Billie Joe was heading to Los Angeles.

“Interesting nickname by the way…” said Billie Joe as he turned on PCH.

“Sorry…” she apologized, turning to look at him. “I just couldn’t see myself saying: ‘Hey Billie Joe!’ How did you wanted me to explain… ‘Guys, sorry I didn’t tell you before but this man here is my dead mother’s best friend… Who would have guessed he was also a rock star and the front man of my favorite band…’ So yeah but no sorry, I don’t see myself telling them right now…” she ranted, running her hand through her hair nervously.

“Hey, hey it’s alright… I don’t mind…” he said, shooting a smile in her direction before focusing back on the road.

“So, are you excited? Going to SF and everything…” he asked.

“Yeah, I told you, I’ve always wanted to go to SF…” she said.

“You’re going to see Tré and Mike… I talk to Adrienne last night, Tré was here too… I’m afraid he will be here tonight, ready to annoy you…” explained Billie Joe.

Athalya nodded silently. Adrienne and her two sons, Tré, Mike and probably other persons…
That will make everything even more real for Athalya. Like, she really was sitting next to Billie Joe right now, the man she had on several posters in her room.

Just the thought made her blush and she covered her face with both hands.

“Hey, are you alright?” asked Billie Joe, lightly touching her shoulder.

“No… It’s just weird… I just realized I have several posters of you in my room… And you’re just here…” she mumbled, still covering her face.

Billie Joe laughed heartedly.
“You know… I have my sons’ names tattooed on my arms. That could be considered as weird too…” he said. “And Adrienne has my name tattooed on her arm… There’s nothing wrong with having posters of your favorite band plastered in your room!”

“If you say so…” she mumbled, slowly retiring her hands and glancing at Billie Joe, while thinking that as soon as she’d come back to HB, she was going to take them off.

“And don’t even think about taking them off, I’ll check your room next time I go to HB.” He said.

Athalya blinked, and then turned to look away, a small blush making its way on her cheeks once again.

Billie Joe smiled as they kept on driving down PCH.

Athalya was a little anxious about the flight. She had no idea what to expect… Like, what was she supposed to do? Make small talk with Billie Joe, or let him rest during the flight… Maybe she should sleep too?

The rest of the drive was silent, except for Billie Joe slightly humming to the songs.

Athalya’s mind was racing as they got into the plane. She sat by the window and looked outside as Billie Joe took the seat by her side.

“Are you scared of flying?” asked Billie Joe. Athalya blinked and turned to look at him.

“Huh… I don’t think so…” she said, frowning as she tried to remember her reaction when the plane took off in France, it had been her first time in a plane, and except for the circumstances of her flight, not long after her mother’s funeral and all, she had no trouble. “No, I’m fine.” She said, with a short nod.

“And you?” she asked.

“I’m okay I guess… I don’t really like it when the plane takes off or when it lands, but I’m all right…” he said with a small smile. She smiled back and turned to look outside once again.

Athalya had no idea what to expect from this week end… And to be honest, it was scaring her a little bit…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank for the comments on the last chapter.
Sorry for the delay, hope you'll like that chapter =]

R.I.P Jimmy,
foREVer,
♥ always..