Status: About to be rewritten. Please read the Author's note (Chap 50) for further information. Thks x

Dreams of Tomorrow

Chapter 42.

"Oh my God! Lya! What happened?" asked Michelle, rushing to the shore as Lya walked out of the water, completely drenched and shivering.

"We fell..." she mumbled, before sneezing.

Matt appeared with towels, he handed one to Brian and wrapped one around Lya.

She kept her head down as she walked towards the rest of the group, her hands gripping the towel, replaying the moment in her head.
How stupid could she be?

She kissed Brian, and that resulted in them both falling into the ocean.

"Shit." she swore, before she grabbed an old piece of wood and sat down on it, near the fire.

She kept glaring at the fire, with her legs straightened in front of her, trying to warm up her toes. Thank God, she wasn't wearing her jeans and just Brian's shorts.
There was movement near her, and she ended up with a beer in hand and a jacket on her shoulder. She lifted her head to glare at the intruder but her eyes widened when she saw Brian sitting down next to her, changed in dry clothes. Her face immediately heat up, and she pulled her legs towards her, wrapping her arms around them, still holding the beer in hand, looking anywhere but in Brian's direction.

"Lya, come on!" waved Michelle, away from the fire. Lya slowly got up and let Brian's jacket drop on his lap, before making her way towards Michelle.

She was holding out Lya's jeans, and a sweatshirt.

"Luckily, Brian told you to take off your jeans!" she said, handing it out to Lya. "And that's Matt's, he always keeps one in his car, in case Val's cold or something."
Lya took the clothes from Michelle, thanking her, before climbing in the backseat to change her clothes while Michelle did the look out.
She came out minutes later, with dry clothes on, and she felt better. She tied her head in a bun on top of her head and put her wet clothes in the towel, folding it and putting in the trunk of Brian's car.

"Here, give them back to Brian." said Michelle, once she had locked both cars.

Lya nodded, and walked back to the group.
She prayed that somehow, someone else would be sitting on her spot, but no such luck. And so, reluctantly, she made her way to her sot next to Brian and handed him his keys, mumbling a quiet thank you before picking back her beer and drinking from it.

"Lya... your lips are purple" said Jimmy, getting up from his seat. "Gates, you two should probably head back first. Take a warm shower. I'm afraid Lya's going to catch a cold, with her hair wet like that."

Lya starred at him with her eyes wide, silently begging him not to let her go alone. Jimmy should come with them, she didn't want to be alone with Brian at the moment.

"Jimmy's right, she's freezing." said Michelle, quickly sharing a look with Jimmy.

Brian got up slowly, downing his beer and holding out his hand to Lya. She blushed and took it, pulling herself up quickly. As soon as she was up, she let go of his hand and sighed, before picking up her shoes.
She made sure to glare at Jimmy as she walked past him, following Brian to his car. She was about to tell him how she hated him when he cut her off with a small.
"I know!"

She stayed bare feet until she reached the car, walking as slowly as she could, as her heart pound in her chest.

**

As soon as Brian parked his car, Lya got out, grabbed her stuff from the trunk and followed Brian to their apartment. The moment he opened the door, Lya rushed to the bathroom and locked herself in.
She took a long burning hot shower. It took her longer than usual, but she really didn't want to get out and face Brian.

She brushed her teeth, washed her face, blow dry her hair. Then, she put on her Pjs, and walked out of the bathroom, not before putting their damped clothes and towels in the washing machine.
When she got out, she rushed to Brian's room, walking straight into him, as he was getting out at the same time. He was shirtless, ready to head to the bathroom to shower.

"Sorry!" she said, blushing and heading to the couch.

Brian frowned and sighed, before heading to the bathroom.
Was she going to act like that from now on?

Was she acting like that because he dumped her in the water, or because she kissed him.

Brian paused for a second, she kissed him.

He quickly finished showering and put on some boxers and shorts before walking out of the tiny room, to the living room where Lya was watching TV. Well, more like pretending to.
She jumped up in fright when she saw Brian's face inches away from hers.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked, crouching down, as she was lying on the couch, so his face was at the same level with hers.

"Huh..." she trailed off, trying to look anywhere but at him.

"I know I said I'd dump you in the water if you didn't kiss me, but I never expected you to kiss me on the lips." he said.

Lya's face went bright red, she quickly closed her mouth shut and closed her eyes, wishing to disappear, from the couch to a plane, away from here. She hid her face with both hands, feeling like crying her eyes out in humiliation.
"Jimmy told me you liked me..." she blurted out, and immediately regret it, she grabbed a cushion and hid her face in it.

"He said that?" he asked, his heart beating slightly faster in anticipation. "Then why did you kiss me?" he asked, taking the cushion away from her face. It was still bright red. He tried not to laugh, but she looked cute.

"I wanted to." she mumbled, and tried to make a run for the bathroom. Brian kinda expected her to do so, he quickly got up and caught her by the waist. She immediately hid her face again.

"This is so embarrassing..." she muttered. "I feel so stupid. Jimmy must have been mistaken, I knew you couldn’t possibly like me like that... Oh God, now you're going to hate me, or worst make fun of me... Oh God..." she mumbled, on the verge of crying.

Brian pulled her back to the couch, and made her sit down. He crouched in front of her.
It wasn't supposed to happen like that, she shouldn't be freaking out. He had waited for this moment for years. It shouldn't have gone that way... He took a deep breath and took Lya's hands away from her face, putting them on her lap, Brian's hands above hers.

"Lya..." he sighed. "Jimmy's right. I like you. I liked you since high school."

She looked up at him. He didn't look like the Brian who made weird jokes, he looked like the Brian she knew in high school.

"I thought you'd have gotten the hint by now Lya... But obviously Jimmy had to step in for you to get it." he added, letting go of one of her hand to rub his neck.
There, he said it. So what now?

"Lya, listen... If you think of the situation as embarrassing, we can act as if it never happ-"

Something snapped inside of her, and she leaned closer to him, pressing her lips against his for a brief second before she immediately pulled back and wrapped her arms around his neck, her eyes closed tight, afraid of what he was going to do next.

No, she didn't want to act as if it never happened.

She liked it, the idea of being his girlfriend, even if she had absolutely no idea of what she was supposed to do.

Brian let out a sigh in relief, and kissed her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her and pulling them in a standing position.

"Let's catch some sleep." he said. She nodded and slowly let go of him, before going to turn off the TV, and then heading to his room. She kicked off her flip flops and took her usual spot, near the wall.

Brian turned on the bedside lamp and closed the door. He got under the covers and moved closer to Lya. She slowly turned around, feeling his presence and starred at him.

When he leant closer and she met him, kissing him good night, Brian thought his heart was going to burst through his chest.
She gave him a small shy smile and turned her back to him. He wrapped one arm around her middle and pulled her against his chest, nuzzling his face in her hair.

Finally. She was his.

**

Jimmy snapped his fingers in front of his best friend's face.

Brian blinked and focussed on him.

"Sorry..."

"I was saying, you better go slowly with her. I know you're like all excited and shit, but... Don't mess things up." said Jimmy, his hand on Brian's shoulder as they both looked at Lya messing around with Johnny, in Matt and Val's kitchen.

"What do you mean?" asked Brian, taking a step aside and looking at him and taking a sip from his drink.

"Just... Just remember who she is." said Jimmy, with a small smile as he walked off, towards Lya.

It's been a week. They've been together for a week.

No one knew, except Jimmy. Hell, he lived with them. He couldn't possibly not see Brian's hands on Lya's body. He’d always find a way to her, to sit next to her, to hug her, touch her hair or shoulder. That wasn't new, but the fact that Lya didn't say anything, didn't blush, that was new.
Plus, Brian had told him, of course. Even though he kinda guessed it.

He was just worried about Lya. He knew she had never dated before, and dating Brian without having dating anyone before didn't seem right for him. If it had been anyone else, he wouldn't give a damn. But this was Lya, and Brian.

Brian liked Lya since high school, Lya on the other hand just realized recently that she was attracted to him. He was just worried Brian would move too fast and scare her off. Or do something stupid and break her heart.

He sighed. No, he shouldn't think so lowly of Brian.
He was a good friend to Lya, no reason why he wouldn't be a good boyfriend to her as well. He should have some faith in them.

So now, he was going to stand back and see how things would go. First step would be telling everyone, today.
And today was also Matt's birthday.

They had been busy the last few weeks, recording and arranging the last parts of the album, which was supposed to come out in August.

**

The party went on, and on.

The sun was long gone, and stars started to show. Matt was on his way to being smashed, along with his band mates. Val and Michelle, as well as one of their friends, were no better. Lya was the only one seemingly sober.

"Babe, can I have a beer?" shouted Brian, from somewhere in the backyard.

Lya walked to him, handing beers to the guys. As soon as she got there, Brian wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her down on his lap, kissing her cheek and nuzzling his drunken face in her hair. She clenched her jaw and pushed lightly, kissing his cheek before trying to get off his lap.

Somehow, during the afternoon, the subject of their relationship was brought up, and Brian told his band mates, with a proud smile on his face while Lya was reloading the fridge in the kitchen.
You could guess her surprise when she came back and found herself assaulted by Val and Michelle as soon as she stepped foot in the backyard.

She didn't say much, just let everything sink in. Now, she was keeping a close watch on Jimmy and Brian, afraid they were going to start acting crazy.

Zacky and Johnny were talking about boobs and strippers, and Lya tried to stay away from earshot at all costs.

Were they always like that when partying? Was it always like that? Even back in high school?

She kept quiet, trying to clean up the tables a bit. Finally, the laughter died a bit, and she took it as the cue to starting gathering their stuff. She was the designated driver, like always.

The guys all pilled up in Brian's car, while Lya awkwardly hugged Val, Michelle, who was sleeping here for the night, and Matt.

She waved at them as she got into the car, with Brian sitting next to her and the three others idiots in the backseat.

She first dropped off Zacky, who took 5 good minutes to unbuckle his seat belt, get out of the car and then another 5 minutes to find his door. Then they dropped off Johnny, and this time, in order to avoid the waste of time, Jimmy literally kicked him out of the car. Poor Johnny landed on his ass, his legs still tangled in the seat belt. Lya had to get out of the car, to help him and get him safely into his apartment.

Then, she finally drove back home. And for the first time, she had to deal with Brian drunken habits. A drunk Brian was a horny Brian. Something Lya had trouble dealing with.
He kept putting his hand on her thighs as she was driving. It annoyed her, and made her feel slightly uncomfortable. She had to park the car and put his hand on his own thigh, before driving off again.

When they got home, she helped those 2 idiots out of the car and into the apartment.
She got under the covers with Brian and tried to get some sleep. It didn't last long, because soon she felt his hands groping her ass, and moving up to cup her breasts. Lya flushed bright red and jumped out of the bed. She put on her hoodie and got out of the room, taking a cover and decided to sleep on the couch.

**

"Lya? Is that you?"

The bundle on the couch let out a groan and moved.

Jimmy walked closer to the couch and lifted one side of the cover, and saw Lya's half-awake face, her eyes opened slightly, trying to see who was talking to her.
He sat on a small available spot on the couch and pushed the cover away from her.

"Lya, what are you doing on the couch...?" he asked.
He was freshly showered. Lya hummed his scent and sighed, remembering last night events. She pushed herself up on her elbows and looked over Jimmy, to Brian's closed door.

"He's a pervert when he's drunk." she whispered, blushing as she remembered the way he groped her.

"Damn Lya... I'm sorry I didn't warn you before, I just assumed he was going to behave himself." mumbled Jimmy, rubbing his face, not bearing to see Lya's fearful face. "But he wouldn't do anything to you, you know that right? He's just... Well... Huh." he trailed off, not knowing how to express himself. How could he possibly explain to Lya, Brian's drunken antics, without scarring her off.

"Drop it, I think I know what you mean..." she muttered, running her hand through her hair and made a face. "Damn it. It smells like cigarettes." she muttered, getting up from the couch.

"I'll make coffee while you go shower." said Jimmy. Lya nodded and hugged him while he was still sitting, before rushing to wash off the awful smell from her hair.

Just as Lya walked in the bathroom, Brian emerged from his room, rubbing his eyes.

"Morning sunshine!" said Jimmy, in a sing-song voice.

Brian groaned in reply, making his way towards the counter, until his eyes fell on the bundle of covers on the couch.
"You slept on the couch?" he asked, muffling a yawn.

"No I didn't." said Jimmy, taking out three mugs. "Lya did."

"She did? why?" asked Brian, sitting on a stool and resting his elbows on the counter.

"Because you scarred the shit out of her by groping her in your sleep." said Jimmy, pouring coffee in the mugs.

"Fuck..." mumbled Brian, resting his forehead in his hands.

"Maybe she shouldn't share a room with you" said Jimmy, putting the steaming cup of coffee in front of his best friend.

"Why?" snapped Brian, "Are you implying that she should share one with you?"

Jimmy shook his head at him.
"I'm just saying, you know... You guys haven't seen each other for a while, now you jumped from best friends to girlfriend-boyfriend relationship. Maybe you should take it slow with her." he said. "I don't mean that I don't want her around, it's fun to have her around here. I'm just suggesting that she finds a place for herself, that way you guys aren't 24/7 with each others. She's not a one-night stand Brian... I like to believe that you want to build something stronger with her, and if events like last night happen often, I'm sure Lya'd rather sleep in her own bed than sharing one with you. Until, you know... She's used to this, and you guys take it to the next level, speaking of which, I beg you... Tell me before, so I can stay out of the house." said Jimmy.

"Maybe you're right..." whispered Brian, sighing.

"Probably... And before you start shit Brian, I'm not jealous. Lya's like... No, not like. She is family. I just want you two to get married someday, that's why you should start slow." he said, before taking a sip from his coffee and wincing, because it was too hot.

"You know Jimmy, I noticed that since high school, the rare times you speak seriously about something, it almost always involves Lya." said Brian, before blowing on his coffee.

Lya walked out of the bathroom, with a towel wrapped around her hair.
She bit her lip when she saw Brian and hurried into the bedroom.

"See?!" whispered Jimmy, shaking his head at Lya's action.

Lya came back into the main room, unwrapping the towel from around her hair and taking a stray of hair between her fingers, bringing closer to her nose, sniffing it.
"All good now!" she said happily, before wrapping the towel again. "I really don't like the smell of smoke." she added, after seeing the curious look on her friends face.

She climbed on the stool next to Brian and took her cup of coffee, scrunching her nose as she brought it closer to her nose.
Before she could say anything, the bottle of milk and two sugars were pushed her way. She grinned at Jimmy and added the sugar cubes and a lot of milk.

"That's not even coffee anymore..." said Jimmy, chuckling.

"It hurts my stomach when I drink too much of black coffee." she explained, blushing slightly.

Jimmy waved his free hand in the air, saying "Weirdo" as he walked towards the couch with his mug full of coffee.

"Weirdo yourself!" called Lya, from over her shoulder.

Brian chuckled and looked at Lya. She seemed tense to be sitting next to him, and they have been going out for a week...

"Listen Lya, I'm sorry about last night." he said, looking at her.

She stopped herself from drinking coffee and mumbled a quiet "Forget it." before her cheeks tinted pink. Brian smiled to himself before taking a sip.

**

“This is awkward.” She mumbled, sitting on Brian’s lap as they were all gathered at the bar, Gena was here too.

“What?” asked Brian.

Lya kept her mouth shut and tried to swift her weight on her forearm that was resting on the table, and on her two legs. Her position was slightly awkward.

Jimmy saw it and lightly kicked Lya’s ankle, making her loose balance and almost hit her head on the table.

She blushed bright red, pretending that her elbow had slipped on the wet table and excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Could she feel worse? Probably not.

It was hard for her, hard to be here, being Brian’s girlfriend in front of everyone. It was still new, and she felt like all eyes were on her.

And she felt humiliated.
She knew she shouldn’t, but incident like what had happened moments ago made her feel like shit.

Being Brian, that was the first relationship. She had never been romantically involved with anyone. And so when she saw the girls completely okay with sitting on their lap while the guys circled their waist, or smack their ass when they got up. She sighed.
No.

She couldn’t do it.
But at the same time, the time she spent with only Brian was lovely. She felt perfectly at ease when he hugged her, because it reminded her of the Brian she knew in high school.
But when he was drunk, she slept on the couch. And they had mentioned the fact that maybe, she should have a place of her own, for then would left on tour.

She was okay with that, but the problem was Billie Joe.

He was calling more and more often, asking her to come back home. And she knew that sooner or later, she’d have too.

“Lya, are you all right?” asked Gena, walking into the ladies’ room and finding the young woman starring at her feet, looking hopeless.

Lya looked at Gena, and sighed deeply.

“Is it about Jimmy kicking your leg?”

Lya starred at her, her eyes wide.
“How…?”

“His leg brushed past mine, and seconds later you almost hit your head. Do you think you’re too heavy for Brian?”

Lya blushed.
Gena let out a small chuckle and Lya looked down, ashamed.

“No, no, no, I’m not making fun of you. Don’t mistake me. It’s just, you remind me of a friend, a few years back.” She said, putting her hand on Lya’s shoulder.

“I can tell you’re new to this kind of situation.” Said Gena.

Lya bit her lip and nodded.
“Oh God, I feel so ridiculous…”

“Don’t… It’s understandable. Just… Just think of him as an armchair. Okay, this might sound weird, but a friend of mine used to feel uncomfortable sitting on her boyfriend lap, just like you now. And she told me that she overcame it by thinking of him as an armchair, a very comfy one. And his arms around you, think of it as kind of a seatbelt.”

Lya looked at Gena, her eyes hopeful.
“You sure I won’t crush him?”

“Not one bit Lya, he’ll be perfectly fine, and happy to see you relax. Because believe it or not, he probably realized that trick you’re doing. And he’s probably wondering what’s wrong in that brain of his.”

Lya took a deep breath and shot a smile at Gena.
“Thank you… And sorry for being silly.”

“No problem Lya, and if you got any question or anything you want to talk about, feel free to drop by the salon.”

“Really?” she asked, hope showing in her eyes.

“Of course!” smiled Gena, and held the door open.

Lya walked out, and then followed Gena back to the table.
“Armchair.” She whispered, winking at her before going to the dance floor.

Brian was still at the table and looked almost relieved as he saw Lya sliding on the booth. Lya blushed as she realized that everyone else went dancing.

“Do you want to dance?” asked Brian, looking at Lya’s pale face.

“No.” she whispered, shaking her head. “Do you?”

“I’m fine here.”

She took a deep breath and moved from her spot to sit on Brian’s lap, and exhaled when she really sat on him. She took in a sharp breath as she felt his arms sneaking around her and bringing her closer to him.

“Is everything all right Lya?” he whispered, looking at her face.

“It’s just… This is all new to me.” She whispered, feeling tired all of a sudden and rested her head on Brian’s shoulder.

“You’re doing fine Lya. I’m sorry for not noticing it earlier.”

“What?”

“You’re uncomfortable when everyone’s here.”

She blushed and nuzzled her face in his neck, closed her eyes and inhaled his scent.

“Don’t get drunk tonight.” She whispered. “I don’t want to sleep on the couch.”

**

Lya looked at the small shop, her head tilted to the side.
She had some time to kill before meeting up with the guys, and she was hungry. She walked into the small shop and a young Asian woman, looking no older than she was walked to her and pointed a table in the corner. Seconds later, the menu was handed to her and the girl disappeared.

Lya happily opened it, her eyes scanning the left side. All in Chinese. She frowned slightly and search back in her memory for what remains of her Chinese study.
The waitress came back to take an order and rolled her eyes annoyingly at her customer.

"You got the English translation right there." she said, not so politely, tapping the right side with her pen.

Lya looked up, a sad expression on her face.
"I know..." she mumbled. "It's just, I learned Chinese a few years back, I just wanted to see if I could still read it and understand it." she said, her voice low.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I assume you were those kinds of customers that were going to try and speak Chinese saying: Qing chung chong." she said, blushing slightly, as she realized her mistake.

"No, no, no..." mumbled Lya, frowning. "Actually, I went to China a few months ago. And while I was there, I ate a dish, I forgot its name... I just remember the characters. I was trying to find it." she added.

"You went to China?"

"Yeah, for about a month. It was just a short visit." she added.

"Where did you go?" asked the waitress, happy to be able to speak to someone who seemed interested in the Chinese culture.

"Oh, well Beijing of course. And Xi'an, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Guilin. Oh, and one day in Hong Kong. And I don't like Shanghai."

The waitress smiled. She didn't like Shanghai either.
"My family's from Xi'an actually."

Lya's eyes light up, that was her favourite city, from the ones she had visited.
"I love Xi'an."

"So, what was that dish you ate?" asked Cha, looking at the menu.

"Well, it was made of dofu, and it was like, really spicy. It was something-something tofu I think..."

"You can eat spicy?"

"Yeah, a bit. I wanted to go to Chengdu, but didn't have the time. But I think that dish is from Sichuan"

"Oh, got it. Mapodofu." she said. "We don't have it on the menu, but I'm sure we can do it." she said, scribbling something on her notepad. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Hong cha?" she asked, blushing.

The young woman grinned, "I'll be right back."

**

"How was it?" asked the woman at the counter.

"Exactly like the one I ate in China. If not better. Thank you." she said, as she looked at the bill and take out the amount, adding ten dollars for the tip.

"You're from around here?" asked Cha. Cha stands for Charlotte, her English name. But she preferred people calling her Cha, which, in Chinese, can also mean Tea. She, like Lya, love drinking tea.

"Not exactly, but I'm spending a lot of time here for the moment." she replied.

"Come back when you got time then, maybe we can hang out?" asked Cha.

"Sure, would love to! I'll drop by sometime next week then." said Lya, heading for the door.

"See you next week Lya!" said Cha, a huge smile on her face.

"Bye Cha, see you next week. And thanks again!" and Lya walked out, putting her sunglasses back on her face, to protect her from the sun. Green eyes were good looking, but she couldn't stand when the sun was too bright, she had to squint her eyes or she wouldn't see anything. So now, everywhere she went, she had her sunglasses.

**

"And it was exactly like the one I ate in China!" said Lya, excitedly.

"You went to China? When?" asked Brian, in disbelief.

"Last year I think it was, or was it?" she said. "I went there for a few weeks, with my backpack. I think Green Day just finished a tour in Japan or something. I don't like Japan much."

"You went by yourself?" asked Johnny.

"Yeah."

The guys looked at each other, then back at Lya, not quite understanding why the hell she'd go to China by herself.
"It's an amazing country you know." she said, feeling the need to justify herself. "The culture is very old, and it has a lot of very beautiful sight."

"And pollution."

"And they eat dog"

"And when they smile, they can't see shit."
They all erupted in laughter.

"Are you going to make fun of everything I say?" she snapped. "Will it be like high school again?"

"Lya..."

"No, you guys are talking shit about a civilization that's thousand years older than yours. You guys don't give a damn about anything if it doesn't have a close relation to the United States. I'm fed up." she snapped. "You guys made fun of my culture too. But it is older and richer than yours. I could stoop to your level and say bad stuff about your gastronomy... About you're lack of knowledge about the world. But I keep my mouth shut. You should do just that. Keep that shit trap close until something intelligent comes out of it."

"Will you stop being so uptight about everything?" snapped Zacky.

"You weren't even born in France." added Brian.

"Home is where your heart is." she said, standing up. "I'm gonna take a walk around." And she grabbed her back pack.

“Why the hell do I bother with those dumbfuck?” she muttered, searching through her pocket for money so she could take the bus. There was a bus stop just a few blocks from here.

“Lya!”

She closed her eyes and clenched her jaw. She felt it again, like in high school, when she wanted to punch things, hard.

“Lya! Wait!”

“For fuck sake, stop walking so fast dammit. I’m sorry okay?”

She turned around.
“I need space, okay? Just…” she thought about telling him to fuck off, but that would only make things worse. “Just give me some space.”

Brian stopped dead in track and sighed deeply as Lya turned around and walk off.

**

“It happens, you’re just spending too much time together. I think you should start looking for a place for yourself.” Said Gena.

“There’s no way my father will let me stay in LA if I don’t have a good reason. And I need a fucking good one may I add.” Mumbled Lya, sitting on the comfortable chairs.

“Is staying with Brian not good enough?”

Lya laughed, “That’d be a good reason for my dad to come down here and kill him.”

Gena laughed too
“I’d love to see that, and meet your dad at the same occasion.”

“He’ll probably show himself soon, if I don’t go back to San Francisco the next few weeks.” She mumbled sighing.

“Why don’t you go to college?” asked Gena, as she led Lya to the wash-stand, to rinse her hair.

“College?”

“Yeah, find something you’re interested in, that way you have a good reason to stay in LA. And, you won’t see Brian as often because you’ll be busy with your own things. So when you’ll see him, you’ll be happy to.”

“Oh my God… I didn’t think about that!” said Lya, a smile stretching on her face. “Thank you Gena! You’re the best!”

Gena chuckled as she rinsed off the hair-dye from Lya’s hair.
“What’s your natural hair colour?” she asked, looking at her pitch black hair.

“Chestnut.” She said.

“Black hair looks good on you, makes your green eyes standout even more. But it makes you look damn pale for someone who lives in SoCal.”

“That’s because I usually stay in San Francisco…” joked Lya. “So, how are things with Zacky?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, I hope you liked this chapter. =)
Comment? ^^' That'd be nice, and thank you for commenting on the previous chapter.