On the Edge of Eternity

And a pair of scarlet Ballet Slippers

The next morning I awoke, to Lindsey bringing me a tray of breakfast, “Good morning, Lindsey,” I said as I sat up.
“How did things go with you and Lestat last night?” She asked.
“Alright I suppose,” I said taking a sip of the orange juice.
“He was worried about you.”
“I know he was.”
“I was too.”
“I know, I feel bad I just lost my temper.”
“He left you a note,” Lindsey said picking up the parchment off of my bed side table and handing it to me. I unfolded the paper and read, ‘Mon amour, J'étais me suis inquiété de vous! Nous étions tous deux avons laissé nos trempes obtenons le meilleur de nous la nuit dernière. Je vous pardonnerai si vous me pardonnerez. - Avec tout mon amour L.’ And my heart melted.
“What did he say?” Lindsey asked, “He writes in French so I can’t read it,” Lindsey said slightly offended.
“He said that he was worried about me and we both let our tempers get the better of us, and that he would forgive me if I for gave him.”
“Aw that is kind of cute.”
“Yeah I know.”
“Amber?” Lindsey began as lay back on my bed, “Do you love him?”
“Yes.”
“Is it the kind where the world kinda falls away and nothing else really matters?”
“Yeah,” I said dreamily.
“ I want to fall in love again,” Lindsey said wistfully.
“You will again.”
“I donno if I ever will. Do you ever think about Nate?”
“Actually no, not really.”
“So you don’t compare them?”
“To compare Lestat to Nate would only insult Lestat.”
“Really? What do you think Nate would do if he found out you were here?”
“I have no idea really. He’d probably freak out.”
“Really you think that?”
“Oh I have no doubt.”
“Do you want to go to the beach today?”
“Sure why not?”
“And we can check out some sexy surfers.”
“Linz you are completely boy crazy.”
“I know. I’m still waiting for my vampire to come.”
“Oh god Lindsey.”
“I am. Shouldn’t vampires be coming out of the wood work by now?”
“Oh Lindsey.”

At sunset I silently slipped into Lestat’s room and seated myself on his bed. I positioned myself so I would be the first thing he saw when he climbed out of his coffin. I lay on my side head propped on my hand, and waited. Suddenly I heard the sound of the coffin lid scraped against the bottom, and the lid slowly lift, my handsome lion sat up, his long blond hair a mess. He was naked as far down as I could see, but I couldn’t look away. But I felt my cheeks flush in spite of myself. He must have heard me shift on the bed because his head snapped in my direction, “Bonsoir ma cher,” He said smiling wickedly. Yeah he was completely naked in his coffin. Part of me wanted to see, but that could lead nowhere good, fun and hot but not good.
“Bonsoir mon lion beau.” I said smiling.
“Ton lion beau?”
“Oui.”
“Tout est pardonne?”
“Oui, mon amour.”
“Bon,” He said as one long white leg appeared from the coffin.
“Lestat!” I hissed as I covered my eyes, blushing furiously, an explosion of butterflies in my stomach.
“Quoi?” He said I could hear the laughter in his voice.
“Vous etes nu!” I yelled.
“Alors, pensez à tout le plaisir que nous aurions pu de cette façon.”
“Find some pants!” I said trying not to laugh or peak.
“Was the French getting a little too hard for you?”
“A little.”
“That’s not the only thing that’s a little hard for you,” Lestat chuckled as I heard his jeans zip.
“Ugh, Lestat,” I said trying hard to be disgusted with his comment.
“I’m descent now,” He said.
“Are you lying?” I asked peaking through my fingers.
“No.” He may have had a pair of pants on but he was still beautiful. He pale well defined chest, his muscular arms. He had the Abercrombie and Fitch male model body, and it was all mine. Such sinful thoughts raced through my mind, until his voice broke me out of it, “I have a gift for you,” he said handing me a pink box.
“You spoil me Lestat,” I said as I lifted the lid of the box. I was taken aback by what was inside. I let my hand slide of the red velvet , and black lace of the bodice of a romantic tutu. I lifted it from the box the scarlet tulle spilling out onto the bed. And beneath the tutu was a pair of scarlet point shoes,” Lestat, why? I don’t dance any longer.”
“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about,” Lestat began as he slid on a shirt that remained unbuttoned as he paced the room, “You know the song, the only slow song on the album, ‘La Mortelle et le Vampire’ that song was written for you, and when I wrote the music for it I envisioned you dancing to it.”
“That’s why it sounds like a music box.”
Lestat smiled, “Yes. I want you to dance in the video.”
“I haven’t danced in over a year, I mean muscles go to fat pretty quick especially when your drinking beer.”
“I have no doubt that you can do it.”
“You can’t just jump right back into dancing after you’ve taken that much time off, especially with point shoes, when you first start you have to work your way up, maybe a half hour at a time, but…”
“You’ll have time this would be the last video we filmed.”
“So I’d have what like two weeks?”
“Yes.”
“And you wouldn’t be bored,” Lestat added bitterly.
“No I wouldn’t. Who’s doing the chorography?”
“You.”
“What? And your director, and Zach and record company are letting you pick me to dance in this video when I’m not a professional?”
“They weren’t too fond of the idea but I insisted.”
“But you want me to chorography? I don’t even have a studio. And that song is four minutes, I’ve only ever choreographed dances to songs that were like two.”
“I have a studio for you to practice at. “
“Lestat,” I began.
“Will you?”
“Of course, you don’t know how much I love dancing, how much I’ve missed it, but you’ve never seen me dance how do you know I’m good enough to be in your video?”
“Oh ma cher, I have seen you dance, I’ve watched the video’s on your computer, you password is a little too easy to figure out.”
“Am I really that simple minded?”
“No your passwords are, your name, really?”
“I never thought anyone would guess that.”
“I’m just that good.”
“Lestat?” I asked.
“Yes?”
“You shouldn’t have gotten me these slippers.”
“Why not?”
“I’m afraid that you may have wasted your money.”
“Why is that?”
“There’s a good chance that I won’t be able to wear them.”
“Why is that.”
“I wasn’t fitted for them.”
“Ahh, again you under estimate my intelligence, you must think the only thing my head is for is holding this beautiful hair, but I called you mother, and had her send me all of your old ballet things, and I took your old shoe and had these ones made in the right size.”
“I guess your right there is something under that pretty hair of yours.”
“I told you.”
“Do I have to go to the set with you tonight?”
“I would like it if you did, but if you going to be bored, and embarrass me again, then I suggest that you don’t.”
“I embarrassed you?”
“Yes, you made me look bad.”
“Well I’m sorry.”
“Did I make you look like you couldn’t control groupie?”
“Amber,”
“Sorry, I know you have a certain image to maintain.”
“See we understand each other.”
“You’re an arrogant bastard you know that?”
“I am the vampire Lestat!” He with a wicked smile.