On the Edge of Eternity

Cold Skin Against Warm

I slipped into Lestat’s room as he lay watching one of the band’s video’s without sound. His eyes were glassed over with boredom and a preoccupied mind. A wine glass half full of blood rested in his left hand. Lestat was beautiful, in all honesty I could look at that forever. As I stepped in to the room, I caught his attention, he watched me as I walked to the foot of the bed, and crawled up the soft mattress and lay against him.
“You,” Lestat said his voice soft and almost sad, as he stretched his right arm out for me to rest my head on his chest.
“What?” I asked as I rested my head on his now warm chest, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and he be began to stroke my arm.
“You’re, what I hold on to when, everything has lost its meaning, that’s why I so desperately want to give you the dark gift, so I won’t lose you.”
“I’m the only thing you would hold on to?”
Lestat smiled, he was a sweet talker but I could often see through him, and he knew I could,” I hold on to the hope of seeing Louis, Gabrielle, and Marius, hell even Armand again. But I need you now too, and almost losing you tonight frightened me so much, I crossed a line.”
“By the sound of the conversation you and Lindsey crossed a line a long time ago.”
“Perhaps we did, but we only did it out of our love for you.”
“I’m not angry, don’t think I am.”
“Good,” He said kissing my forehead.
“I was a little hurt, and surprised, that’s why I reacted the way I did but I know Lindsey, and I knew from the beginning that she wanted to be a vampire. And I also knew that you wanted me to be a vampire, so it makes sense that you two would work together so both of you got what you wanted,” I paused for a moment, and spoke again, “How did you know I wondered what you lived for when life had no meaning?” I asked.
“I heard every word of that conversation, oui Cherie I eavesdropped.”
I smiled, “Its okay, at least you didn’t have to read Lindsey’s thoughts.”
“Why couldn’t you have told me that, when I offered it again?”
“I think I just then had put my finger on it. It just sorta clicked when I was telling it to her.”
“I won’t push anymore.”
“Lestat, I want it,” I whispered, recalling Lindsey’s words ‘How are you going to feel if you let immortality pass you by? ‘ they had touched me, I hated the thoughts of regrets. Not giving my virginity to Nate had weighed on my mind since I lost him, how would I live the rest of my life knowing I passed on Immortality and well that handsome Bastard? Lestat raised his head and looked down on me with his blue eyes, I smiled, “Just not now, mon lion beau.”
“ You are a tease, then when?”
“When the thought of forever doesn’t frighten me any longer.”
“There is one thing that I want before I give you the dark gift…” Lestat began.
“Oh me too and his name is Brad Pitt we already had this conversation.”
Lestat gave me the look, but it softened into a smile, “I want your virginity, if I take it when your immortal you’ll be a virgin forever.”
“What?” I paused, and then I understood, Vampires cannot change, so every time I would have sex with him afterwards he would have to break hymen again because it would grow back “Yes, when I’m ready that’s also yours. You’re warm,” I said snuggling against him.
“Yes, belle I’ve just fed.”
“I think I might like you better cold.”
“Really?”
“Yeah,” I said looking up, “Its much more sensual.”
Lestat chuckled,” I do like my cold skin against your warmth.”