On the Edge of Eternity

Out on the Town

Lestat smiled bitterly, and was at the door in the blink of an eye. He opened the door, standing on the other side was a very frantic looking Zach.
“Lestat!” Zach said as he pushed into the room, “Erica Harding from that new show on MTV wants to do an interview with you.”
“When?” Lestat asked.
“Tonight if that’s possible.”
“What ?” Lestat asked as a camera crew pushed their way into the hotel room.
“Alright, lets get them into make up,” said the skinny brunette I guessed to be Erica Harding pushed her way into the room. I didn’t really like her, and I didn’t really like how she walked into my domain and tried to act like Alpha female.
Lindsey and I stood off to the side and watched as the band was plastered in makeup and forced into their best clothing, or rather their most rock star esque clothing. I hated moments like these, where Lindsey and I were ignored and if we weren’t we were treated like shit. We were the groupies, the bands fuck of the week, to them, at least. It’s not like they knew the truth. Its not like they knew where the scare on my neck came from. So what was the point of being nice to them? Little did they know…

“ Tonight I’m here with the band The Vampire Lestat who’s debut album Forsaken, has climbed that charts and has been number one for the past two weeks, Alright,” Erica began, “ So according to your book you’re a French nobleman, Lestat.”
“Yes I am,” Lestat said grinning baring his fangs, I loved how everyone must think that they were fake.
“So what made you decided to expose yourself, when in your book you said it was against the vampire rules,” Erica asked batting her eyes and more than a hint of flirtation in her voice.
“I don’t like rules. I never have. If you’ve read my book you would know that. Besides my beloved Louis gave me up long before now.”
“In Interview with the Vampire?”
“Yes, so if he’s not dead then I want him to find me, and how as you would say, ‘catch up’. Hell, I’d like to scare up a lot of old friends, Armand, Marius, even vampires I never met like Pandora or Mael who Marius told me about.”
“You said in your book,” Erica began.
“Autobiography,” Lestat corrected finally.
“In your autobiography, you said that Louis was a liar…”
“Yes he is, he told some very not nice untruths about me, but if he is watching this I want him to know I forgive him.”
“Don’t you think that Marius might be angry with you for giving him and ‘Those-Who-Must-Be-Kept’ up? Aren’t other vampires angry with you for divulging vampire secrets?”
“Well If Marius is angry with me, he doesn’t want me dead, because I know I’d be dead already, as for the fledglings I’ve pissed off (and I know I have) let them come, as I said in my autobiography I want war, so as you say in this day and age, ‘Bring it on,’” Lestat said smiling.
Clearly disturbed by Lestat’s last answer, Erica changed her line of questioning, but something in his last response bothered me as well. I hadn’t read the book, The Vampire Lestat as I had gotten the story straight from the horse’s mouth as it were, and he seemed to have left out the part about wanting war.“Now some have called you the new Edward Cullen, what do you have to say about that?”
Lestat laughed, “ I can guarantee you that I am nothing Like Monsieur Cullen, I do not sparkle. I have fangs,” Lestat smiled showing them proudly, “I’ve been alive much longer than him or longer then he was supposed to have been a live, I eat people and most importantly, I. Am. Evil.” When those words came out of his mouth it sent chills down my spine, there was something undeniably sexy about him admitting that he was evil on national television.
“So you don’t think that you compare to Edward in looks and sex appeal?”
Lestat laughed, “I think I’m far better looking that, little boy, and well as for sex appeal? Who would you rather sleep with?” Lestat asked winking at her.
She giggled flirtatiously and continued, “Now, I was promised that, you would announce your first stop in your worldwide tour to me.”
“Oh you were , were you?”
“Yes.”
“Well, its going to San Francisco.”
“Why is that?”
“Its where Louis started all of this by telling his story to the boy reporter.”
“So it comes full circle?”
“Yes in way it does.”