Status: Active. See what's going on with my stories at http://twitter.com/Mappiesmibba

Beautiful Dreamers

Prologue.

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who loved to dream. He spent all day, dreaming, virtually anywhere. He would daydream in class, inside his room, and when he could, he would dream out on a grassy hill near his Summerlin home. This boy was indeed a dreamer. He loved using his imagination to think up the most wonderful things. He would imagine he had a giant fire-breathing robot from time to time so that it could protect him from bullies. And other times he dreamed of being the world’s best musician. But more often than anything else, he dreamed that he had a real family, with a mom and dad who really cared about him more than themselves, and for a few siblings that could keep him company.

The little boy stuck by his dreams as if they were facts, and he was determined to make his dreams a reality. He had no idea how he was going to make them happen, but he just knew, he would be able to do it.

But over the years, the little boy with such a strong spirit soon began to break down. He started realizing that dreams don’t come true. He began to understand that he would never get a fire-breathing robot, as they hadn’t been invented yet. He also would never be the world’s greatest musician because music was such a costly trade, and his pathetic excuse for a family could not afford such a price. He could never have a real family because his mother and father divorced when he was very young, to young to remember much of anything, and he and his father hadn’t spoken to her since. This knowledge saddened him. Once he registered that another one of his dreams would never come true, he felt very discouraged.

The happy, but ignorant little boy had begun to grow up, and therefore became less imaginative, less resolute. He no longer felt compelled to chase after much of anything, and his life felt basically meaningless.

He hung out with his friends, just to pass the time, but he truly wasn’t happy. He had always been extremely hard on himself, and he felt immensely disappointed in his own capabilities because he was unable to accomplish what he truly wanted. For awhile, not even his friends could make him feel better, but an old grandmother, who dearly loved this boy, was about to give him a wonderful gift that would change his life.

To his joyous surprise, one Christmas morning, he felt like one of his dreams would finally come true, when a shinny new Fender electric guitar was lying on the wall across from his bed. He was so excited, he ran over to his best friend’s house and showed it to him. Turned out, that he had gotten a very special Christmas gift as well, a drum set. A few lessons and a month or two later, the two friends were rocking Blink-182 covers in the grandmother’s living room.

For now, the little boy was satisfied, but as time continued to pass, his longing for a family only grew stronger.

Now, at about the same time, in the middle of Upstate New York , there lived a girl, who was much like the little boy. She was a dreamer. She so badly wanted to get out of her small town. She wanted to experience the world, but mostly she wanted to escape her parents. They were so controlling and overprotective, that even as a child she found herself very annoyed with their constant reprimanding. She decided when she was very young that she wanted to pursue a carrier in music, but like the little boy, her family wasn’t the wealthiest.

She loved music and photography with all heart, and she also thought that one day she would be the best, better than all the others. She dreamed of traveling all over, to Canada, Japan, the UK, and Australia. But like the little boy, she found that her dreams were so far away from becoming a reality. There was so much hard work and effort that needed to be put into her dreams, and she knew it. Soon The girl also began to grow older, but unlike the boy, she did not become discouraged, but became more determined than ever to get away.

Her parents were extremely harsh and demanding, more so then they had ever been before, so harsh at times, she felt like they didn’t care at all. And so, a new dreams blossomed, not only to escape them, but also to find someone who would truly care for her.

Soon, her dreams partially came true when she met her two best friends, sisters, in the first year of middle school, and started to learn piano, using the school’s baby grand to practice everyday at lunch. She had found someone who cared for her, and she had started to play music, but everyday when she went back to her home, she was reminded that she would never truly be able to achieved all that she wanted to achieve while living in her house.

Over the next few years, she worked very hard a low-paying job to pay for her musical career, that her parents deeply disagreed with. She practiced in secret whenever she to avoid her parents annoying lectures, and soon she became quite the impressive musician. She still felt as though there was more in life that she could experience, she knew she needed to get out of New York and explore the world, because she couldn’t stand seeing the same old dirt road, lined with the same old trees ever again. She wanted to get away.

So she started playing on the streets of New York City, earning the money she needed to get an apartment away from her parents, away from their restrictions, and away from her small town. She was determined to earn enough money by the time of her eighteenth birthday, June 27, to move out of her childhood house and go live out in the world.

She worked so hard that she found her personal life to be nearly non-existent; besides the company she kept with her two best friends. She hardly experienced high school; she barely talked to anyone besides her best friends, and became known as quite the quiet one, even though that wasn’t necessarily true. There was always just something on her mind, usually music or school related, that no one seemed to notice that she was even in their classes. She didn’t care, though. She was much too busy for any more friends anyway…

A tale of two people I am about to tell you. They all have different stories, they all have different wants, but somehow, perhaps by fate, our two beautiful dreamers met, And changed the lives of all of the people surrounding them.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.

Comment. Subscribe. Comment. ;]

I'm so mysterious. x] I bet you totally can't tell what this story is about.

If you whore our my new story to all your friends you will get cookies.

PEACE, LOVE, & MUSIC,
--MAPPIE