Status: Completed.

Hello Beautiful

Did You Forget?

Image

Allie's POV:

I sat there on bed in California, Indian style. My eyes wandered around to all the gifts that were laying on the floor or on the edge of my bed and I sighed. Even though every single one of those gifts being something to me, it didn't even compare to how much happier I would be is he was here. I sighed as I shook my head and rested my hand against my forehead, closing my eyes. I didn't want to cry because he wasn't here, or at the fact that he didn't even call. He told me when we started dating that he wouldn't be able to call everyday and that he would be busy, but he'd try the best he could. And I hoped today, out of all the other days, he tried to call me. But no...I got absolutely nothing.

"Allie, honey," I heard my mom's soft voice from the other side of the door before a soft knock was placed against the wood.

I looked up as she opened the door and gave me a soft smile. I returned it as best as I could as she let her smile turn into a half one.

"Look, I know you're upset but Nick's busy, sweetheart. And you know you mean absolutely everything to him. You just have to be patient. Maybe he'll call before the day is through," she said, nodding her head.

"Yeah," I sighed, looking away from her and at my wall. "I guess."

"Well...I'll leave you alone now," she said and walked out of my room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

I shook my head and plopped down on my bed, grabbing my pillow and placing it over my face, screaming into it. She couldn't be right, there was just no way. It was 11:50 at night and he had ten minutes to call until my birthday was over. I sat up, again, letting the pillow fall to the ground as I let my eyes wander across my walls. Nick and I redid my room over the summer, lining my walls with pictures of him and I doing all sorts of things. My favorite was the one of us painting, laughing at each other as we smeared paint all over each others faces. I smiled lightly, tears forming in my eyes as I looked over it. It seemed like at that time he would never leave again. That was soon taken away from me when he announced the next day that he was leaving for three months to go on tour and then leaving for four months to film Camp Rock 2.

I couldn't even tell you how many times he apologized for not being able to be here for my birthday. So many times, so many that I couldn't even count, I reassured him that everything was fine and that I wasn't going to get upset if he couldn't make it. I never told him I wouldn't get upset if he didn't even call. My feet slowly found their way to my floor as I slid the dress off that I had worn for my party, stepping out of it and leaving it laying where it was. Fingers hooked into the handles, I pulled my dresser drawer open and searched around until I found a pair of pajama shorts and one of Nicks' v-necks he had left me before he went on tour.

It was so hard to believe that I called him on his birthday last year when he was out on tour and we talked for an hour and half about how crazy it was that he was sixteen and that he wished we could be together so that we could celebrate. I don't even get a phone call. I get nothing.

"So much for love," I whispered, walking over to my bed and pulling the covers back, climbing into them and snuggling them around my body as a few tears trickled down my cheeks.

I jumped as I heard my cellphone go off and I sat up in my bed, reaching for my phone and I pressed the unlock button on the top of my phone. I saw 'New Text Message!' and a huge smile appeared on my face. It soon vanished when I clicked the read button and it was a birthday text from Joe:

'Hey Allie my little paly, dear God that was cheesy, anyway, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday. You're finally sixteen! You grow up so fast! Ew, I'm sound sappy. Ugh. Happy birthday! :)

-Love you, Joe.'


I laughed at his text message but cried at the same time, finding it pathetic that Nick's own brother could find time to wish me happy birthday but he couldn't. I set my phone back down on my nightstand and laid back down in my bed. That was until I heard the thumping of rocks hitting my window and I rolled my eyes. I knew exactly who it was. This has happened for three straight weeks. We got new neighbors next door and they have twin, seven year old boys that like to annoy the crap out of me at night-time. This has been the sixth night in a row that they've thrown rocks. Other times they would just throw stuff onto the balcony of my window or splatter washable paint balloons onto the side of the house where my room was.

My hand gripped the covers, throwing them back as I stomped over to the door of my balcony and walked out on it.

"I swear to God, if you throw one more rock, I'll go down there and..."

But I stopped as my breath hitched in the back of my throat at what I saw.
♠ ♠ ♠
First part out of two.
I hope you guys like it :)
Like I said in the summary, this is being entered in a contest, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

P.S. All Demi Lovato avatars made by 4prongedfork on livejournal.
All Nick Jonas avatars made by beatofmyxxheart on livejournal.