Try, Try, Try.

In Detroit, on a Memphis train

It had been a while since the train had passed his stop, almost five stations down the line and Die still sat in the empty carriage, the outside world whizzing past endlessly. Home wasn’t as inviting as it used to be, his partner wasn’t as nice as he used to be and nothing was how it used to be, a couple of years ago when everything was perfect. But he’d been holding on the best he could, knowing one day it would be better, or at least, hoping things would change.

He didn’t look up when the doors opened, ignoring the person that just stepped through them and took the seat opposite him. The other man smiled, watching the redhead silently from curious eyes. A few more stops and Die still wasn’t moving, not even wondering how the hell he was going to get back. He felt the other man’s gaze on him and finally looked up, his brows furrowed, ready to ask what his problem was.

But the question got caught in his throat, the sight of the blue haired man leaving him breathless, his heart beating faster. Toshiya’s smile widened. He had guessed the redhead was attractive and wasn’t disappointed.

“Where you heading?” He asked, his tone light and friendly, something Die hadn’t heard for a while.

“I have no idea,” Die grinned, not caring that it was way past the time he was expected home. “Wherever I end up, I guess.”

“Sounds cool,” Toshiya chucked, fixing the other man with a warm gaze. “Mind if I join you?”

Die shook his head, the honest grin growing even wider, inwardly deciding to miss his stop more often.