Star Crossed Lovers

Chapter 1.

Sarcasm. A word to describe the way I am. I never really took a lot of things seriously. It simply wasn't my thing. So if you asked me about love, or told me about your "amazing" relationship with a significant other, never expect a serious reply. It's all a myth, love I mean. But maybe I'm just saying that, because I haven't experienced it.

The ringing sound of the late bell echoed through the halls of Twin Hickory Highschool. You could hear the footsteps of students running, hoping the teachers would be sympathic and not mark them late. I was already in class, sitting in the last row on the left. The spot next to the window. I'm not really the one to social. I'm more of keeping it to myself. The clock read "8:32", only 10 more minutes until homeroom ended. Joy.

"Hey, your name is Dakota right?" A tall brown haired boy asked as he turned around in his seat to face me.

I simply nodded slowly.

"I'm Cody." He smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I replied softly.

"So are you new here?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I've actually um, been here the entire year." Wow, I feel noticed.

"Really? Oh, I apologize, guess I never paid attention." He responded.

Cody and I talked for the rest of the period. The bell soon rang and the class stood up as one. We all walked to the door, scaddering around to our classes. With my hands in the pockets of my skinny jeans and my bag placed on my shoulder, I strolled to class Biology was my destination, the most boring class of them all. As the bell to enter class rang, I walked to my seat, next to Amelia.

"Hi Kota, Good Morning." Amelia spoke sweetly.

I slightly smiled, she was always so cheery in the morning.

"Hey Mel, what's up?"

"Not TOO much, but Drake totally checked me out in homeroom!" She shrieked.

I tried my best to not roll my eyes in disgust. Typical teenage girl...

"Amazing." I blurred out.

"I know! It's so awesome!" She giggled.

I laughed and faced the board as class started. The period soon ended, and I walked to my next class, Art.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's boring, but it gets better I promise! Comments make me update. :D