Immorally Different, Perfectly Fine

Two of Two

Gerard Way grew up like everyone else. Just like his friends, and just like his brother. He looked like a boy. He talked like a boy. He played like a boy. He ate like a boy and he defiantly had the hygiene of a boy! He was happy, smelly, and as normal as any 7 year old kid can be!

But some months before his 8th birthday his mother saw some strange behavior developing. Nothing big just...weird.

How many 7 year old boys do you know, that would rather pee setting down??

Yeah, not many. A young Mrs. Donna Way didn’t know many! Hell she thought it was slightly normal for his age. He’ll grow out of it. But then his younger brother Mikey never did it. Gerard never stopped.

Soon after his 8th birthday, he stopped playing with the toys he got. Saying he wanted to play with Barbie and dress up in ‘mamas grown up clothes!’. He started loosing some of his old neighborhood friends, complaining that he wanted sleepovers with Jessica, or have tea parties with Janice. His mom tried; not making a real effort; to get him to play catch with Mikey, or get him to bug his dad about making a tree house or something..

Nothing really prevailed but then again she wasn’t that deeply concerned.

Yes, through out the years Gerard did become more feminine, and his parents and brother were supportive. He developed a great knack for drawing, and volunteering at school events.

While his brother joined the JV football team, he was either working at the concession stand or in the Beecher's cheering on with the rest of ‘em. While Mikey was out on dates, Gerard was a girl’s ultimate best friend. He still kept the same name, even though it wasn’t quite fitting…

When he was 14, just starting out in high school he didn’t feel right. He’s always been a happy kid, but now he didn’t .feel .right.

After awhile he confronted his parents and they got him an appointment with a therapist .It didn’t take long for the man to conclude that, yes there was something a bit off with Gerard.

Within in the next 2 weeks he had the sessions with his therapist, he was finally diagnosed with a mild case of Gender identity Disorder on October 17, 2005.

From there, he was advised to see a counselor at least once a week. And he did. He went to private and family counseling at Mrs. Cults office every week for 3 years. That’s where he meet a small timid, very boyish looking girl. The poor thing looked like she was about to cry! And Gerard being the very sensitive and caring person he was, had to go comfort the poor child.

When he got the girl to calm down a little he found out that Her/his name is Frank and it was her first family counseling. Her parents weren’t all that thrilled about it. Her father was yelling till her face was red and his mother wouldn’t stop crying.

It wasn’t very comforting.

For once in his life Gerard wasn’t sure what to say. Him and this small girl were both in the same desert island. But it seams that they both adapted to it differently.

He was happy. His family was fine with it. He had lots of friends and was blossoming into a great vast artist!

But apparently, Frank was wretched! Her/His parents loathed him for having this mental strain. He lost all his friends. None of them would even acknowledge him. He was completely miserable!

With out knowing what else to do, Gerard just sat next to the kid and rubbed his back as he cried. Not long after Frank start crying, Gerard got his first look at Mrs and Mr Iero.

They did not look pleasant. The looked down right mean!

Frank stood up immediately when he heard his moms bleak voice. He thanked Gerard for his help and quickly fled the building with his parents 10ft in front of him.

Gerard wasn’t sure what the hell just happened. He was dumbfounded and slightly sad. He hoped that Frank was OK and that they would meat again.

And they did the next week!

It just so happened that Mrs. Cult was Franks therapist, along with Gerard’s.

Frankly, Gerard was happy! He got to see frank again! He got to see him every week! And every week from the first day they met, they learned a little more about each other.

Like Frank liked music. Not like when teenagers say they ‘like’ music, and don’t really know the meaning of what there saying. Music was a passion for Frank. He played a couple different interments and enjoyed playing them. He collected Cd's and albums. He even made is own music. Music was a big part of frank and it helped him live.

With in the mist of time, they became good friends. And they always seemed to get closer. They talked to each other out side of therapy. They got together a couple time.

Gerard even introduced Frank to his family. They fell in love with the small teen.

Frank was close to Mikey's’ age so he got a new friend. Mrs.Way got a new stomach to feed, and Mr. Way got a new head to fill with long stories that the whole family heard a hundred times. It all worked out for the best.

But Franks parents, Were. Not. Happy.

They did not want there son to hang out with people that encouraged Franks state.

They thought that Frank could be fixed and that the Ways were going to ruin the progress they’ve made the last few months. So they did what parents did best. Threaten to take the thing Frank loved the most.

His music…

They said that if Frank ever wanted to hear music again in that house, he had to stop talking to Gerard. All Frank did was lower his head and nodded. He was never going to talk to Gerard again.

Which was a fat lie! Frank became a great liar for all the years he bought boxers for his ‘brother’ and hiding them from his parents. Gerard was one of the best things in his live and he’ll be damned if he let his parents ruin that for him!

So again, while frank was lying to his parents, him and Gerard got even closer!

On Forth of July, Gerard invited Frank to go to the local park with him to watch the fire works. Frank quickly and kindly accepted the offer.

That night they found a spot on top of a small hill, further away form everyone else, but still close enough to see the all the fire works and smell all the smoke. They ate a whole bunch of comfort food that Mrs. Way packed for them and they talked about everything from what they wanted to do with there lives, to what there favorite Smurf character was!

All while watching beautiful blues, greens, yellows, reds, gold’s, and every other color in the spectrum glowed across the sky. It was perfect.

But what made it perfect was that during the final fire works, Gerard reached over and gave Frank his very first kiss, while the colors of red, white, and blue reflected off there bodies.

That’s what started there relationship. And that’s what almost ended it too.

Frank, having his first kiss was the most unearthly thing he’d ever experienced! Even though he had GID, the girl inside of him did occasionally liked to peak out and have a little fun.

So he wrote down what happened in a journal he kept hidden somewhere in his room. But again he was so ecstatic, that he forgot to put the journal back. So when his mother, being the neat freak she was; went on her weekly trash collecting, she stumbled upon the journal and the last entry Frank made.

..That when it all went loose.

His parents were more then furious. So when Frank got home a hour or too later, they yelled the most vile things you could ever thing of. It was nothing Frank had ever heard of before. Sure, his parents had said some cruel things to him over the years but nothing to insufferable.

Mr. Iero was so distort, that he ran up the stairs and straight to Frank’s room. He destroyed everything. All of Franks interments, his computer, his Cd's, and stereo. He even broke his bed and slammed the frame into the wall.

Then he left frank to stand in the middle of his room. Everything dross. At least 18 thousand dollars of items completely destroyed. He broke down. He sank to his knees and sobbed…

It wasn’t until 7pm or so that he finally got up and walked out of the house. He walked out and kept walking.

He didn’t notice that he walked a whole 5 miles to the Way house hold. He didn’t noticed that he simply opened the door and walked right in. He didn’t hear Mr. Way asking if he was alright or the concerned call that were made out to him.

He didn’t stop walking until he walked straight in to Gerard small frame.

Then he cried.

He cried with the feeling of Gerard squeezing his body. He cried until his throat was raw and his eyes were swollen. He finally fell asleep in Gerard arms and stayed there until the next morning when he told him everything that happened.

Geared nodded his head and listened. The last thing that came out of Franks mouth was ‘what is wrong with me?’

“Nothing. nothing is wrong with you!” Gerard stated firmly. He was pissed! He was pissed that Frank was treated so badly… By his own parents. And that was going to be the end of it!

“There is nothing wrong with you, there is nothing wrong with the way you look, the way you talk, the way you act! No ones perfect and everyone’s different! And you shouldn’t be ashamed of the way you are. Say it loud and say it proud that you are different and that you are per-fec-tly ok with it! Unmoral we might be but I’m sure as hell ok with that…”