Addict: Setting the World on Fire

This breakdown of the heart and mind is an actual journal written by myself; a collection of letters written to no one for the sake of sanity. This book could never have been written without the experiences I endured, and the people who helped me through those trials. This is for Harry Spurling at the Watauga Behavioral Health Services building, and this is for my father who worries too much about his little girl, no matter how much she grows up. This is for the doctors at the Johnson City Medical Center, and the Registered Nurses and Dr. Hall and Connie in the Willow section of Woodridge Mental Institution. For the punk rock bands that put words to what was mute. This is for all the people who suffer from memories or lack thereof.

I can only hope that by shedding light on what can actually happen to even the most normal of people can give those who hurt some comfort, and through this book the wounded and I can build a common ground. Major depressive disorder, multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, and the many other illnesses that make the diagnosed somehow less human, here’s to you.

Here’s to surviving.

Disclaimer Fish Camp and I have spoken about my usage of the words 'insain' and 'sain' in this story. She and I have come to an understanding, after much clarification. My word usage is not plagiarism, and I did not steal any material from her. She, obviously, is well aware of this story and has not deemed me guilty of any unbecoming acts. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message.