Addict: Setting the World on Fire

Entry 13

Dear Someone,

Heh, guess who got a new CD to feed what’s inside: Woody.
Nah, you know who.
Three Days Grace; One X. Shit, that’ll be my fourth-count CD I’ve bought this month, coupled with Fall Out Boy: Infinity on High, Panic! at the Disco: a Fever You Can’t Sweat Out, and Taking Back Sunday: Louder Now.
Sweet.
Yes, I am a music junkie.
But the one song that hits home is “Never Too Late”, especially the music video. It really hits home.
Uh… nothing to ramble on about, except that I learned that ‘sain’ in an actual word. The definition is ‘to mark with a cross’ or something having to do with making something holy. Yeah, fuck that. But I still like the Sick and Sain thing Darkie and I have going on.
Hey, Someone, I don’t think I ever told you exactly where The Dark One originated from. In all reality he was at first just a random angry/snarling black wolf I would always draw. But the more I drew him, the more he took on his own form. The wide eyes were the first of his attributes. I finally said ‘To hell with it, I’ll make him a formal character.
I re drew him in what U though to be his ‘truest’ form: what you’ve seen in these pages. But I added to his character odd attributes. He can change form into any carnivore, a massive mane, an emaciated body, and three toes.
But I never really stick to the rules when it comes to my artistic characters.
And since he was a formal character, he had to mean something to me. Obviously, now he means a hell of a lot to me, but at first he would just represent any negative emotion too extreme to express. His crazed eyes and evil smile were all that I needed to feel like I had spoken every word of my emotions.
Now he’s infested himself into my mind. Remember the letter I wrote you when I just stopped mid-sentence and began degrading myself? Yeah, that was Darkie.
He keeps me going, even though I know it’s… well, I can’t say it’s only myself pushing me forward with a ‘suck it up’ attitude.
Shit, is it really him or me? I made him, but he is completely separate from me. A coping method? A too-wild imagination?
Eh, who the hell knows. I said I wanted demons and knives to be my friends. I have been branded by knives, and now my own self-created demon protects and destroys me.

What can I say? I’m Sick, he’s Sain.