Still so Young - Desperate for Attention

Chapter Three.

---

Ryan

---

“Hey, Ryan, are you taking Hobo with you to your dads?” Spencer asked scratching the dog behind the ears.

“I don’t think my dad would be too happy about that.” Ryan mumbled putting some more clothes in his suitcase.

“Will your mom be happy about taking care of him during the week?”

“Probably not.” Ryan shrugged, “But she’ll get over it.”

“Can I keep him during the weeks?”

“If you stop referring to her as him.”

“Sweet!” Spencer cheered before crouching down eye level with the dog, “Hear that b- girl? You get to stay with Uncle Spen!”

“Do you think I should leave my guitar here?”

“You could, but I think that you’d regret it when you get home from school and want to play.”

“Urgh!” Ryan groaned dropping the jeans he was folding and digging his palms into his
eyes, “I can’t believe that we’re not going to school together anymore! This freaking sucks!”

“But we get to have slumber parties!” Spencer said immediately, “And we can stay up all night and you can tell me about all of the things that go on at your new school.”

“The worst part is,” Ryan continued, ignoring him, “My mom has been telling me recently that I should make more friends at my dad’s house. Like, she’s known for a while that dad was going to start working on weekends so I’d have to stay at his house during the week!”

“Did you make friends down there?” Spencer asked.

“No!” Ryan shouted throwing his hands in the air, “I mean, I’ll have Brent, but I am barely able to stand him during band practice, and it’s not like he’s ever at those anyway!”

“Hey, I bet you’ll meet a really cool guy.” Spencer said, Ryan grumbled something, “OR, OR,
OR! You’ll meet a hot girl!” Spencer shouted as though it was a revolution.

“Dude, you’re always against me wooing girls. What the heck?”

“Okay, then, woo a guy!” Spencer said again. Ryan glared at him.

“It’s a stage, Spence. A stage! I just finished puberty and now I’m horny as ever and very bi-curious. It’ll go away when I turn 18, geez.”

“Still, if you’re curious, go for it, just don’t let the guy get attached.”

“Dude, that would suck.”

“It totally would, but we could always say that you have a boyfriend back on this side of town and you were only with him so that you wouldn’t be lonely on school weeks.”

“That’d be cruel, plus I wouldn’t have any proof.”

“Me!” Spencer said putting a hand to his chest, “I could pretend that I find out that you’ve been sleeping around and then slap the guy, then slap you and make a big scene out of it.”
Ryan laughed a little before shaking his head, “Dude, why are we even talking about this?”

“I don’know.” Spencer shrugged.

---

“Hop in, Ry.” Those were the only words that Mr. Ross said as he pulled up in his silver corolla.

“See you this weekend, good luck.” Spencer said giving Ryan a pat on the back.
Ryan glared at Spencer for not being all mopey about it with him, before putting his stuff in his dad’s trunk and climbing in the front seat.

“Bye!” Spencer waved as he watched the car drive out of sight.

---

Brendon

---

“See me fuck, see me suck a lollipop. Wanna get messy.” Brendon sang along loudly as he headed to Walmart. His friends called up an emergency meeting so Brendon may or may not have sneaked out the front door and into his car.

“Fuck me, I’m a celebrity, Can’t take your eyes off me, I make you wanna fuck me just to get some- Hey! Asshole!” he shouted as some jerk cut him off. He flipped the guy off before pulling into Walmart’s parking lot and ejecting the CD, sliding it safely hidden under the passenger seat, with his other Jeffree Star CD’s.

He saw Gabe pulling in the parking lot about the same time that he was and flagged him down.

“Hey, where’s Will?” Gabe asked peeking into Brendon’s car.

“Asleep.” Brendon answered.

“Darn.” Gabe sighed as they headed into Walmart.

“So, did you sneak out tonight?”

“No, my parents just decided that I was always allowed to go cause havoc with my friends
at,” He glanced at his cell phone, “Two am.”

“Right, right, stupid question.”

“Is Brent here?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think he was invited.” Gabe laughed a little.

“Good.”

“Brendon!” Greta said before running over and giving him a hug, “Save me!” she mumbled.

“Dude, you look freaking tired.” He laughed. She did, too. She was wearing gauchos with a
tshirt and her hair was thrown up into a lazy ponytail.

“It’s two in the morning, Brendon.” She said in a low tone.

“Okay, so what are we all here for?” Brendon asked, glancing around and seeing the usual group.

“Brent.” Greta said slowly.

“What about him?”

“Him and Nick may or may not have gotten into a small fight.”

“What kind of fight?” Brendon asked hesitantly glancing up to Nick, and seeing his cheek a
nasty purple color, with a matching bruise on his arm, “Why?”

“Well, Brent decided to take his anger out on the group, but for some reason he beat up
Nick.” Greta shrugged.

“He is so weird.” Gabe groaned.

“I’ll kick his ass.” Brendon snapped.

“Brendon, seriously-” Victoria started.

“No, okay, this is dumb. We verbally abuse him, we being me and Saporta, and Nick becomes a human punching bad. This is B.S.”

“But, Brendon, you…we were kind of really, really rude.” Alex cut in.

“I don’t care. I’m annoyed and I don’t care if I did start this thing, Brent annoys me and I’m more than happy to beat his face in after school tomorrow.”

“Do it if you want to, but leave us out of it.”

“Okay.” Brendon shrugged.

---

After buying some ice cream Brendon hopped in his car and headed home, without music. He pulled open the front door and locked it as quiet as possible, before slipping up the stairs. He pushed open the door to his room and heard a little choked noise. When he flipped on the light he saw the curled up form of his little brother on his bed.

“Will.” Brendon whispered walking over and sitting down on the edge of his bed. William looked up at him with big eyes, before sitting up and latching himself onto Brendon, crying into Brendon’s shirt.

“Hey, what happened?” Brendon asked, a little calmer than before.

“I thought you weren’t coming back. You got in your car and left and I didn’t know what to do, cause you didn’t tell me anything, and you didn’t take me with you.”

“Hey, no, no.” Brendon said wrapping his arms around his little brother.

Will just sniffled a little, and wiped his head back and forth a little.

“Dude, did you just wipe your snot on me?” Brendon asked, pulling a disgusted face.

“No.” Will giggled a little.

“Now I guess I have to change. Hold on.” Brendon said detaching Will from him and pulling open his dresser.

After he was successfully wearing a pair of pajama pants and a new tshirt he flipped off the lights and jumped onto his bed.

“Can I sleep in here tonight?” Will asked quietly.

“Are you gonna wipe more snot on me?” Brendon asked jokingly.

“No.”

“Alright.” Brendon sighed over dramatically.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so Brendon is a rebel, but he's still over all a pretty good kid...For the most part.
He may also have slight anger issues...