Glitter in the air

Whisper

“If you don’t cooperate with us, miss Black, we’ll personally make sure you spend the rest of your life behind bars! And I’m telling you right now: prison ain’t like they make it look on TV.” Lee yelled painfully loud and I covered my ears. I could actually feel my eyes watering, but I tried my best to keep the tears in.

“Isn’t.” I mumbled.

“What?” Lee boomed and I looked at him, with renewed anger.

“Isn’t. ‘Ain’t’ isn’t a real word, detective.” I added.

“Last chance, miss Black. Where are those earrings?” The detective spoke slowly, balling his hands into fists. I wished to God I knew where those damned things were, they were my salvation.

“I don’t know.” I murmured and they got up instantly, slamming the door as they got out. I jumped a bit, and folded my palms, wishing this was just a dream. A bad, bad dream.

ImageImageImage

More than ten hours passed. How did I know this, you ask? Because when I couldn’t feel my arms anymore I started counting the time, mimicking a clock as best as I could. The ten hour limit passed some time ago. But I had no idea what time it actually was – it was just a guess. Just as I was about to scream for the fiftieth time for someone to get me out of there, the old TV opened and showed the scandal I put Ryder in.

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Alicia Green and I’m here at Denvers Communications, where a meeting is taking place between Ryder Denvers, the owner and president of Denvers Communications and Takashi Daisuke, the president of a Japanese chain of hotels, more commonly known as Yukata. Apparently, this emergency meeting is a result of the now known theft of a pair of earrings by one of Mr. Denvers’ maids. Sources say that those earrings were a borrowed gift from Mr. Takashi, that were just a gesture of friendship between the two companies. They were to be returned the day after tomorrow, and gifted to Mr. Takashi’s wife. Now that the earrings have been stolen, Ryder Denvers is in grave danger of losing this contract, which would have been one of the biggest that Denvers Communications ever had.” The red headed reporter said seriously. I felt my heart drop in my stomach and I think my eyes were as big as saucers. The camera zoomed into distance, where a Japanese man was descending the stairs and making way through the crowd of reporters. Soon enough the red head was there, shooting questions at the man.

”Mr. Takashi! Will the contract between Yukata and Denvers Communications become a done deal?” Alicia Green shouted and the man stopped for a while.

“All ties between Yukata and Denvers Communications have been severed. The contract will not become legal. I wish the very best to this company.” Takashi said and entered the car, that hastily drove away.