Glitter in the air

Frown

“First time, honey?” My cellmate said, in a raspy, almost manly voice. I nodded my head absentmindedly and I heard her chuckle. I felt the bed sink to one side and I figured she sat down in my bed. Next thing I know, I could feel her rough arms on my back.

Okay,so let's go over what had happened. I stole some earrings, got arrested, went through Hell and back, and then I got put in my cell with a scary lady who now wants to rape me. Can this get any worse? Honestly.

This day can’t get any worse.

“What did you do?” She asked again. And I rolled to the side, thinking whether I should tell her or not. I could easily make up some lie about shoplifting or stuff like that.

"Shoplifting." I lied and she bit her tongue, obviously not buying my lie.

"So they put you in jail." She responded and I rolled my eyes. I hated when people caught on to my lies. I loved it when they didn't pay me attention and simply nodded their head, and if you asked them what you just said they'd make up some excuse of how they needed to go get some coffee or just take a walk. But this lady.. She seemed to see right into my soul.

As strange as it sounds, her eyes reminded me of Ryder's. They had such intensity in them, that you felt the need to cower and cover up, because you felt like they were looking into your soul. Ryder.. I was stupid. I admitted that. I owned up to it. But I still felt fury travel through my veins at his unnecessary revenge. Why did he do this when he could have simply bought or ordered an exact pair?

“I stole a stupid pair of earrings and now the world seems to fall apart because of it.” I confessed and she started laughing. I looked at her weirdly, not getting what all this commotion was about. My life was falling apart here and some old lady comes in here, squeezes into my soul and then laughs at me. She seriously did not get how bad my situation was.

“Oh, so you’re the one everyone’s talking about.” She said, pointing to a TV, at the end of the hall. I felt like dying. Now everyone knew me as a thief. I wouldn't live this down.

“Apparently.” I said and rolled to one side.

What would I do? What could I do? Where would I go? I was known in Japan, and I'm sure the international media was having a field day. I put Ryder's company in deep shit, and I also put myself in the same can. I was happy my parents weren't around to see me. I had enough when Lena and everyone else came in here and busted my ass. But what Ryder said hurt me the most. Not even Edith hurt me as much as his words and behavior did. I always knew him as a calm, composed man but now.. He looked ready to tear me apart. I flinched when I thought about what he really thought when he saw me.

“Cheer up, honey. First time is always the hardest. I’m Eliza, by the way.” She spoke calmly, like she was used to be here before. I looked at her and offered her a smile, that fell flat on my face.

“Olive.”