One Hundred Little Things

An Awkward Occurance

Patrick's POV
________________

"It's really happening," I thought silently to myself.

I peered around the corner to witness a huge line of people beginning to form out the door. I looked back at the guys and smiled as I remembered the good ol' days; when we were just four misfits from Wilmette making "noise" in their garage.

"Dudes come on; these people are fucking begging for you! Get your lazy asses out here," Dirty yelled, banging on the door.

I took a deep breath. We were about to hit it big, I could feel it.

"Come on Pat, you heard the man," Pete shouted over his shoulder.

I pulled down my trucker hat.

"Don't call me that," I grumbled.

"Whatever dude, just get a move on. This could be it! There could be scouts out there!" Joe said semi-enthusiastically, which was strange because Joe rarely ever showed emotion.

This made me nervous.
____________

We stood silent and smiling before a mob of people.

"Calm down mother fuckers," Dirty screamed (for he needed no microphone) "You'll meet the hottest band in town in just a minute."

I watched the lines closely and began to notice some thin g strangeā€¦ the lines were parting. I strained my hearing and pulled two voices from the mass of sound.

"Excuse us, Sorry, Pardon us," said one.

"God damn it tubby, move your fat ass, and lay off the donuts," shrieked another, obviously a spazz.

Before I could bat an eyelash, two girls were pushing past Dirty and marching right up to us.

One was super tall, and thin with icy blue gray eyes. Her hair was shoulder length and strawberry blonde with a rainbow of highlight and her skin was a pale tan. The other was also thin, but short and almost white with light brown hair and blue green eyes that reminded me of the ocean. A camera hung around her neck.

"Hi, I Kelsey, this Katie. Now smile, shut up, group together and don't ask any questions." The short one demanded quickly, brining the camera to her face.

We all just looked at each other and blindly followed instructions. The one with the camera (I believe her name was Kelsey) started barking directions at the blonde (I believe her name was Katie) on how she wanted the pictures to look.

"Alright give me a big cheesy smile and the man with the fro a hug," she ordered.

Katie walked up to Joe and obediently did as she was told.

"Now lean your head on the wooly mammoth/ drummer's shoulder." She directed

Kelsey snapped the shot and carried on.

"And you rocking the guy liner, yes you, pick her up."

Pete gave Kelsey a funny look.

"Come on dude she isn't heavy. I can pick her up."

Before he could protest Katie flung her arms around his neck and jumped up. Pete picked her up as a reflex.

"Watch where you're putting those hands mister," Kelsey said as she took the picture.

Katie laughed, hopped down, and waited for further instruction.

"And now what to do with the cute singer in the glasses?"

Kelsey paused and a malicious grin slid across her face.

"Go give him a kiss."

Katie glared, then shrugged and began skipping over to me.

"Oh God," I thought.

Yeah, not exactly the confident out-going type.

She kissed my cheek and Kelsey got the shot.

"Now all of us," Kelsey smiled.

She stood next to Katie and held the camera away from her, but couldn't seem to fit every one in the shot.

Katie rolled her eyes, grabbed the camera, and took the picture. Kelsey stared blankly.

"What, longer arms! Now just you," Katie said.

She stepped out of the shot and Kelsey struck some insane pose. Katie giggled and the two began to run away.

"Remember us when you're famous so we can get these signed," Kelsey called behind her. They only stopped to get a quick pic with the bewildered Dirty.

Like that, they were gone. The four of us looked at each other and shrugged it off.

"Hey, anyone up for Starbucks after this? My treat," Andy offered after a long awkward silence.

We all smiled