One Hundred Little Things

The Katie and Kelsey Show

Kelsey's POV
_____________

The guys and I prattled on about how this was the best trip ever. Katie silently drove, thus making me slightly suspicious. Katie always had something witty or sarcastic to say about everything.

"Are you alright?" I asked uncertainly.

"Yeah fine, just a headache," she smiled, wincing slightly.

"Just a headache" could be a problem in her case. I gazed out the window, cautiously watched the road and began to notice the car was swerving a little, rocking back and forth.

"Have you been taking your pills?" I questioned gravely.

"Twice a day, just like the doctor order," she murmured, massaging her temple with one hand.

"I've known you for eight years, you can't lie to me," I warned.

"A week ago," she sighed.

"Are you crazy?! Do you want to die!?" I shouted.

She grimaced and shut her eyes tightly, clenching her jaw. I seized the wheel, but she shortly took it back.

"That's it pull over, I'm driving," I insisted crossly.

"And you think I'm crazy. You can barely drive in the U.S., let alone another country that drives on the opposite side of the road. You'll kill us before I get the chance to do it myself," she joked.

It wasn't funny, I was really concerned.

"Which one of you wants to drive?" I asked the guys.

Andy volunteered. After a bit of coaxing we convinced Katie to pull over and as soon as we got to the hotel I force fed her the medication she needed.

"Now lie down," I persisted.

There was no arguing there. She was obviously tired, and in a lot of pain, she immediately flopped down on the bed. I sat on the end, tracing pictures in the down comforter with my index finger.

"Why haven't you been taking your meds? You know it's important," I asked quietly.

She squished her head between two pillows, and pulled the covers over her face.

"Because they make me shaky, tired, and sluggish. I hate being that way, we're supposed to be wild and crazy, they were only slowing me down," the muffled sounds came from under a mass off pillows and sheet.

"It's going to take a whole lot more than that to slow us down," I giggled, "Now get some rest."

"Don't just sit around for me, do something. Okay?" she poked her head out.

I nodded and pulled the door shut quietly, bumping into Patrick on my way into their room.

"Um, hey," he stammered.

"Hey," I smiled sheepishly, blushing slightly.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, you know, just the two of us," he said quickly with a hint of anxiousness.

I bit down on my cheek hard to keep from flying through the roof and tackling him.

"Sounds awesome, I'd love to," I replied, not able to keep the excitement out of my voice.

"Cool! Oh and by the way this came for Katie. Is she alright, she looked horrific," he inquired handing me a wine basket and a bouquet of roses.

"Yeah, she'll be fine," I said, preoccupied with the note that came with it.

It read: Dear Katie, I would be delighted to have you for dinner tomorrow night at 4:00; my house is on the end of Alba Strada, the large house with the vineyard out back. Feel free to invite your friends. I hope you can attend. Best Wishes, Paolo.

"Hide the liquor," I joked

Patrick beamed. I set down the basket and tripped on to the couch. Another stressful day on the Katie and Kelsey Show.