One Hundred Little Things

The Problem Is There Is No Problem

Pete's POV
_____________

Four o'clock came sooner than expected and Katie's hang over slowly faded in to jut a minor headache that came now and then. As we stood before the huge French double doors of Paolo's "mansion" I found myself hesitant to go inside. After all, I didn't really want to spend one of my last nights in the city of love with the guy who liked the same girl as me. The dreaded doorbell rang and was quickly answered by a short, tan, girl with long dark brown hair that appeared to be slightly younger than us.

"Paolo! Tuo ragazza é qui!" she called over her shoulder.

Katie muffled a laugh into her hand. I cocked my head to one side

"What!?" I mouthed.

"Later," she whispered shaking her head.

Paolo rushed down the huge winding staircase.

"She can speak Italian," he grumbled as he buttoned up his shirt.

"Oops," the girl giggled.

"I see you have met my little sister, Elena," Paolo said, rolling his eyes.

He pushed passed her and welcomed us inside.

"To all vegetarians within earshot, don't eat anything. I can guarantee you most everything will have some form of meat product in it," Katie whispered.

Andy and Kelsey nodded with a smile. We soon met the family, a mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, and grandpa and too many brothers and sisters to count. We sat at the huge table and Kelsey and Andy would occasionally hold up food for Katie's approval. They ended up with some bread and a glass of wine. I watched Katie to my left as she took small portions of the great meal, and pushed the food across her plate but rarely ate. She chatted sociably with the rest of the table and the entire family seemed to love her. Dinner finally ended about three and a half hours in and we were left to explore the house and the vineyard on our own. I was aimlessly wandering around when I suddenly heard footsteps rushing towards me. Before I could think twice Katie was tackling me into a hall closet. Stumbling over her I blindly felt through the dark for a light.

"Ow! What the hell!?" I said with a growling whisper as I suddenly noticed how "crowded" the closet was.

"Ugh, that poor kid doesn't know when to take a hint," she said, hold he hand in the air.

I grasped her hand and pulled her off the floor with ease. I laughed a little at this kid's total obliviousness to what was going on.

"Shut up, neither do you," she retorted.

"What about me am so revolting to you? Seriously, what is your problem with me?" I asked with a frustrated hiss.

"I don't have a problem, that is the problem," she responded, turning on her heels, and leaving a paper thin space between us. Hallow footsteps echoed like a faint heartbeat in the background.

"Then I guess we don't have a problem," I smiled, my voice low. I slowly moved even closer, my nose slightly brushing against hers, my lips drawing closer.

The door was jarred open and Paolo was left standing in the threshold.

"Kelsey want a picture of our… 'fresh ink'," he muttered.

Pressing against me she nodded and pulled the door shut quietly. Katie turned to me again she looked at me with beautiful blue eyes. The footsteps faded out and the heartbeat died.

"Well, as fate would have it, I must be going," she pulled away quickly and left me there in the closet.

I sighed. I could sense things were only about to get more complicated.

**** if u r really curious as to what some things mean this is the site http://wordreference.com/****