One Hundred Little Things

Tourists Traveling Tokyo

Patrick's POV
_____________

As soon as the pilot clicked off the intercom, I turned to Kelsey, She did not like turbulence and was completely convinced that everything that could go wrong, would. She quickly looked up and pressed the call button. I clicked it off and gently patted her shoulder.

"Everything is going to be fine," I soothed. She looked up and pressed the button again.

"It's not me I'm worried about," she muttered.

"What are you talking about?" a questioned. She didn't answer. Someone came to her aid in an instant.

"How can I help you, ma'am?" she smiled. Kelsey nodded.

"Hi, could you do me a favor and check up on some one. She is a couple rows up on your left, row twenty-four I think, she is tall, pale, blonde hair, blue eye, should be sitting next to a boy who is shorter, but also pale, with dark hair and brown eyes. If you could please just make sure the girl is okay, and not tell her I sent you, that would be great," she explained. The sturdiest nodded in a puzzled fashion.

"May, I ask why?" she inquired. Kelsey bit her lip.

"She's my sister, she doesn't like me checking up on her," she lied. The kind lady quickly headed up the aisle. I opened my mouth to question, but Kelsey silenced me with the wave of her hand. The woman returned with a slight smile. She put her hands on her knees, bringing her to eye level with Kelsey.

"Well, she was a bit frantic, but I think she will be just fine in a moment or two," she assured, "That nice young man was calming her down quite nicely if you ask me," she added very suggestively as she walked away. I bit my tongue to keep from smiling. It wasn't everyday you heard the Pete Wentz I knew being referred to as a "nice young man." Kelsey shook her head.

"I really don't want to know what she meant by that," she mutter softly, half to herself and half to me.

"Hey, what was that all about?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Katie just really doesn't like turbulence," she informed. I tilted my head.

"If I remember correctly you were the only one freaking out last time," I commented. She laughed a bit.

"Yeah well don't get me wrong, I don't like it either, but Katie, I never really know with her. All I know is she puts up this huge wall when she is around me and it has the tendency to fall apart when I'm not around. I mean, I'm not so stupid that I don't know what's going on, but I just don’t see why she feels like… like she has to protect me or something," she huffed.

"So it looks as thought the protected is protecting the protector," I stated. She nodded.

"I guess you could look at it that way," she sighed. I gulped. I knew I probably shouldn't, but I did.

"Well maybe you two should, you know, sit down and have… like a heart to heart or something," I suggested.

"Been there, done that. The last time we tried that was about three years ago when I thought she needed to stop… and she thought I needed to…" her voice trailed off, her eyes became more glassy, "Anyway, they never end well, usually with harsh words, and lots of tears, mostly mine, I don't think Katie ever had tear ducts anyway."

"Well, maybe all that will turn out for the better if you stuck it out. Besides, you haven't tried in a while, and who knows," I encouraged.

She turned away. Her lips moved, but no words came out. I tried to talk to her, but it was too late. She was in that place. That place in her head that she went to when she didn't want to deal with the world or anyone in it. Her eyes wandered around the cabin of the plane. She could not seem to sit still. She began to trace shapes in my skin. I watched glowing white lines, surrounded by blushing pink edges form on to my already snowy skin. Her eyes tore away from my hand and looked up at me with narrowed eyes. Suddenly, she reached up and stole my hat and glasses and placed them strategically on the seat-back table. I felt so naked without them, I went to reach for them, but she quickly smacked my hand away. Soon, she was tearing a page out of her sketch pad.

"Terrible, terrible," she murmured, beginning to tear the paper. I quickly snatched it from her grip. She had drawn an amazing picture of my hat. My glasses rested on the bill, the light streaming through the lenses. The whole thing looked so realistic, I felt like I could reach in and grab them off the page.

"This is amazing," I gasped. She shook her head doubtfully.

"You have to say that, you're my boyfriend," she added, kissing my cheek. I smiled.

"Yea well, I still think it's one of the best sketches I've ever seen," I argued. She cocked her head with a shrug.

"I guess its okay, but it should be better for an art student. I mean, I was really getting into all sorts of stuff: pictorial design, graphic design, animation, photography and Katie was just starting out in journalism, and photography as well. I don't know, I just have higher expectations," she sighed. I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Well, I like it, and I would really like to see some of your other drawings." She giggled and leaned her head in to my shoulder.

"I guess it does sorta grow on you," she grinned. She cuddled up into my arm and before I knew it, the landing gear began to appear and we were in Tokyo, Japan. Kelsey skipped and squealed through the airport, twirling and jumping ahead of us as if she knew where she was going. I smiled slightly, she was so cute! I glanced at Katie who was walking next to Pete, his arm around her face. She stole a quick glance at me and smirked.

"You know Kelsey, I heard Patrick had a little surprise for you," she implied. I tilted my head.

What surprise? I thought. Kelsey seemed to freeze mid-hop.

"Surprise!?" she squeaked.

"Surprise?" I questioned Katie in a whisper. She squeezed my hand as if to say, "Just go along with it."

"Why don't you go outside and see," she suggested. Kelsey sped off through the automatic doors. As soon as she saw it, I swear to god she nearly drop dead of a heart attack. Her scream was so high pitched and loud that you could Almost see the world stop spinning and dogs across the land to turn and look. There, parked in front of the doors with a sign in the windshield that read "CARPER plus 3", was her life's dream, the Hello Kitty van. She crawled in, completely enchanted by the entire thing, she giggled and teetered, on verge of tears. She looked up at Katie; hand clasped over her mouth and eyes twice their normal size. She began poking my arm repeatedly.

"Katie, will you please tell this man, right here, that I am going to marry him and have his babies!" she whimpered.

We drove around Tokyo; taking in all the cool sights in small clips. After driving quite a bit, (as I believe was secretly instructed by Kelsey) we began to near our small rented house in the mountains.

"Naze ooini motto?" Kelsey whined in rapidly flowing Japanese. The driver laughed and tipped his hat. I frowned; the hat thing was my bit.

"You speak Japanese good, but only few minutes away. The Takahashi Place is nice. They good people, good family friends," he spoke slowly. Kelsey smiled.

"Well, thank you! And your name would be…" she queried.

"Miyavi," he smiled.

"Hi! I'm Kelsey," she introduced, making her way around the car and introducing everyone else. He bowed his head slightly as he pulled into the driveway.

"It has been an honor," he replied as we headed out the car, "I hope to see you around Tokyo."

The house was gorgeous. It had an ancient rustic appeal and looked as though everything had remained the same in the house right down to the old wood steps, the type that didn't have risers. It had two rooms across the hall from each other upstairs, a bathroom on each floor, one T.V, a fairly large living room, and a well stocked kitchen. Katie and Pete ran upstairs to "freshen up," but after ten minutes of primping I still didn’t see the difference. Pete flopped down on the small lounger, big enough for three that was place next to the couch Kelsey and I were snuggled up together on. Katie quickly followed and found a nice spot on his lap. Pete wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her boney shoulder. Katie quickly moved a person space away after realizing we were in the room and rested her hand in the middle of the two of them. Pete looked in the opposite direction but his hand slowly crept over to hers. He blushed like a little boy when his hand finally got the courage to rest over hers. Katie was startled at first, but then simply turned and smiled.

"Don't move," Kelsey shrieked, "You two look adorable and I wanna draw a picture."

"But-" Katie protested.

"The deal," Kelsey reminded. Katie rolled her eyes and went back to her same position.

"What deal?" I questioned.

"The one where I can take or draw any picture I want of her if she can take any picture of me, put me in her writing, and I edit her work," she informed. Kelsey quickly finished and the picture was extremely charming with the perfect animated flair that gave it that little extra something. She smiled and happily left it in her sketch pad, satisfied, and Katie cooked us up a quick dinner. Katie sat quietly and thoughtful at the table.

"I'm gonna head in early," she said finally. Kelsey nodded, unquestioning and I merely tilted my head in confusion.

"Is everything alright?" Pete asked, concerned. She nodded with an unconvincing smile. Pete reluctantly agreed.

"What ever you say, babe, good night!" he said kissing her cheek. She headed up stairs and Kelsey quickly up at us gravely.

"Listen guys, tomorrow, we might not see Katie, like at all. Just leave her alone okay? It won't be a good day and she may say some things you know she doesn't mean but they'll hurt all the same," she urged.

"What is wrong?" Pete questioned nervously.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. I'm gonna head in to though. Good night to you!" she encouraged, kissing Patrick good night.

"You think we should believe them?" Pete whispered as soon as she left. I sighed.

"It's all we can do I suppose. We are just going to have to trust them," I thought aloud.

It was all we could do. The thought of that scared me slightly, but the truth does have the tendency to be unwelcomed.