One Hundred Little Things

Italy Anyone?

Pete's POV
____________________

The six of us sat and talked over coffee. I pretty much just sat and watched. It was funny to watch a friendship being formed in a matter of minutes. It was especially amusing to watch Katie.

Kelsey bounced around, speaking quickly and with out much thought, like a chattering monkey whereas Katie sat deep in thought. She went from person to person, carefully studying what each one said, what they did, their appearance. I could almost see the gears in her head turning, only masked behind bright blue eyes.
"How old are you guys?" I blurted out.

Conversation stopped.

"We're"

"Sixteen," Katie cut in.

"Sorry Pete, it's illegal," Patrick said.

Everyone laughed hysterically.

"I love this guy," Kelsey giggled and poked Patrick in the stomach.

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Aww, poor Petey keeps getting picked on," Katie sighed sympathetically.

My shy smile was returned with a sweet grin.

"There, there Peter," she patted my head, "Only two more year." She took a huge sip of steaming coffee as every one enjoyed laughing at my humiliation.

Katie casually checked the time on her phone.

"Yo Kelso, we'd better get going," she said across the table.

Kelsey frowned.

"I don't wanna leave," she complained.

"It's okay. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow. We don't have another gig for a couple of weeks," Patrick suggested.

Katie and Kelsey sullenly looked at each other.

"Actually we're leaving for Italy tomorrow," Katie said.

"But you guys should come," Kelsey whined.

Oh God! I turned to Patrick, he was actually considering this, and did my eyes deceive me or was Andy thing about it too! It would be different if they weren't minors (at least a little more fun) but these were two sixteen year old girls, and we were so close to making it.

"Uhh, band meeting," I said pulling the guys out of earshot.

"No way!" Joe said

Thank the lord some one was on my side.

"It'll be fun, sort of a last hoo-rah," Andy pleaded.

"Hello, isn't fame supposed to be one big hoo-rah," I hissed.

"Yeah, who doesn't want embarrassing photos on the net, paparazzi and fans stalking you…" Andy began.

"Alright I get it," I cut him off.

"You know we could at least let them in on this conversation," Patrick added.

We walked back to where we had left them.

"Here's the deal," I breathed.

"We know," Katie said, pulling one of those listening devices out of her ear, "And let me tell you what the deal is. One, Kelsey really wants you guys to come with us,and I do to. I can get some last minute tickets easy and now we just have the task of convincing these guys to pack their bags and viva Italia, and I think I just may know what will work."

She marched up to Joe and looked him straight in the face.

"As for you, you are going, you are going to like it because if Kelsey isn't happy, I'm not happy, therefore making you miserable," She said.

"Okay I'm in," Joe turned to me.

Katie strutted up to me, and put her face right in close to mine. I could almost count the rainbow of blues in her eyes.

"Please," she begged.

I pulled back and looked around at the three pleading faces.

"Italy anyone?"