One Hundred Little Things

Falling Fast and Hard

Pete's POV
______________

As soon as the plane lifted off the tarmac Kelsey began flipping out. I swear the pilot was about to land the plane, but Patrick quickly calmed her down and they were both out like a light in seconds. I looked out the window a watched the clouds pass by. Katie was swiftly clicking away at the keyboard of her laptop. I tried to take a peak at what she was doing but she caught on promptly and turned away. I thrust my head back against the seat and stared up at the roof of the plane. It felt awkward sitting here, I didn't know why, it jus did.

"What list?" I questioned, suddenly remembering the incident before we got on the plane.

She looked away from the computer and pushed her reading glasses up the bridge of her nose, giving her the scandalous librarian that every kid had a crush on look.

"Just…a list, of things we need to do," she said cryptically.

"Yeah, but why was it so important," I pressed for more information.

"Because… we made it when we were like twelve, and we still have it, and… yeah," she replied.

"I still don't get it, so what if you made some dumb list four years ago," I said.

She looked puzzled by what I had just said.

"Four years?" she inquired.

Now I was confused.

"Your sixteen right? You made the list when you were twelve, therefore making it four years." I confirmed.

"Oh, right, sixteen. Sorry, it seems like longer," she said nodding her head.

I raised an eyebrow, abruptly intrigued.

"You aren't really sixteen are you," I acknowledged, smoothly.

Katie sighed angrily.

"Kelsey is eighteen and I'll be nineteen next week," she snarled.

"Why did you lie?" I queried.

"I don't know! God, what is this, twenty questions," she roared.

An awkward silence blanketed the area.

"Sorry," she apologized, bringing it down to a growl.

"No prob," I accepted, grinning widely.

She turned back to her computer and began typing away again. I just watched and smiled. Every once in a while she'd look up and roll her eyes. I just kept smiling. Pretty soon she turned it off and fell asleep. Her head slowly made it over to my shoulder where it stopped and rested. The smile faded as I observed her as she slept, so peacefully. A million thoughts of what I was doing exploded in my mind.

"I think I could be falling for her."