Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 9

Image

It was another night I spent with him, sleeping next to him, letting him hold me however he pleased. Most of the time I wouldn't sleep. I would just listen to him breathe and think back to every single little thing that happened the past days I'd been at Jessi's. Everything with Max came like flashbacks. They made my heart beat really fast and they made me want to cover my face in embarrassment. Day after day my feelings grew stronger, and I felt that they were getting to a dangerous extent. A dangerous extent that I found quite pleasurable. Soon, I was bored with my own thoughts and I concentrated on him. I felt his chest rise gently up and down against my back, and I listened to his breath in my ear; if I concentrated hard enough his breath would tickle. I sighed very quietly and shifted underneath his arm so my face was right in his.

"Max?" I whispered so softly that I couldn't even hear myself. He wrinkled his nose as my breath danced against his face and bounced back onto mine. I smiled and I waited for him to realize what it was. His eyelashes fluttered open and I felt my eyes brighten instantly. "Max," I whispered more clearly as I felt his arm shift more tightly around my waist.

"Hmm?" he asked sweetly as he awoke slowly. I blinked and I couldn't stop smiling for some reason.

"I'm sorry I woke you up, I've just been thinking about things, and I need some answers so I can finally sleep for once," I said, not meaning to spill that much to him. He snickered, thinking I couldn't hear him. I frowned and I ran my eyes all over the silhouette of his face in the moonlight.

"It's okay," he whispered back as he brought his face so much more closer to mine. All I would have to do was twitch, and the tips of our noses would be touching.

"Everything that happened today in the bathroom..." I mumbled quietly, not sure if I should go on. He just stayed quiet and ran his hand up the side of my body comfortingly, encouraging me to go on. "Everything that happened..." I repeated. "Does that mean we're...?" I asked, distracted by his relaxing touch.

"It can mean whatever you want it to mean," he said assuringly. I felt the warm prescence of his lips just in front of mine and I was so afraid to move my mouth in fear that he would move them away. The words he said struck a wrong chord within me, though. I slumped into the bed and he stopped moving his hand and let it rest on my hip.

"But, I want you to want what I want too," I said pathetically. I rolled my eyes at myself and I halted my breathing waiting for him to answer to what I told him.

"What makes you think I don't?" he asked in a soft voice, raising up a little bit to make sure I was okay.

"Nobody ever does..." I trailed off in monotone. He pressed his lips against mine so softly that it made me want to fall asleep. "There's other girls out there," I said stubbornly after I recovered from being light headed.

"Nobody's ever reached out to me like you did today, and I think that it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a girl," he said, raising my chin up gently and kissing me so softly again. I closed my eyes and sighed. I didn't want the kissing to end, I didn't want the feelings it gave me to ever go away. I chased his lips, his neck, his face, anything. I caught his lips first, but I wanted to explore. I traced my way slowly down his chin and across his neck and I massaged the sensitive skin with my lips here and there. It seemed like it relaxed him as he breathed deeply while I did it, so I kept doing it until he reached down to kiss me on the lips again. He glazed his tongue over my bottom lip and it hit a nerve, making me gasp and sending cold chills here and there through out my back. He quickly and gently layed on top of me underneath the covers. The bare skin of his chest wasn't too cold or too hot, and it felt nice.

I stared up at him in surprise and I waited to see what he was going to do next. He didn't break out into a heated makeout/foreplay session like I expected him to. He just raised himself up so he wouldn't rest all of his weight on my small body and stared back down at me. We just stayed like that for a few seconds until he got tired of holding himself up and finally smothered my lips with his. I closed my eyes instantly and exhaled into his mouth. My heart was doing flips and I just wanted to scream. I'd never felt like this before, and it was such an intense feeling. He didn't put his hands on my hips, he didn't touch my breasts, he didn't do anything sexual at all. He rested his hands on either of my cheeks and I relaxed more when I felt the roughness of his fingers against my face. He carefully parted my lips with his tongue and I generously allowed him. I didn't know what to do with my hands so I ran them up his back and rubbed up and down his body slowly. He relaxed his lips for a second and became more limp as I ran my fingertips over his back again and again.

"Are you okay?" he mumbled into my ear as I got too into the kiss and stopped moving altogether after a few minutes. I couldn't answer him for a while and I just sat there, my hands pressed against his back and my face against his. "Randi?" he laughed.

"...yeah, I'm....wonderful," I stated lamely. He chuckled and smashed our noses together. I laughed at him a little bit as I yawned in his face. He wrinkled his nose and I closed my eyes, smiling so much that my cheeks hurt. He shifted off of me and pulled me onto him this time, eagerly. I yelped in shock and started laughing way too much. "You treat me like a ragdoll," I whined jokingly. He squeezed me and I choked a little bit and laughed some more. He laughed as well and pushed my hair back out of my face. "No, Max," I whined, shaking my head so it fell back into my face. He just stared at me and I glanced over at the window, seeing the sun peeking through the holes in the curtain. "Oh, bedtime for us," I said quickly, shifting off of him and laying underneath the covers quickly. My pants were riding up my back, which was uncomfortable. I stood up and slid them down with ease and snuggled back underneath the covers. This time I didn't turn away from him, I pressed my cheek against his and I made sure my body was as close to his as possible. He engulfed me like we were before and I fell asleep almost instantly. He was warm and I was cold, and it was nice. I fell asleep smiling for the first time in my life and I was unbelievably comfortable laying against him like so. I could hardly wait to wake up and talk to Jessi about everything. For some reason I had a bad feeling in my stomach about tomorrow, though. It was something that I tried to push away...but it just wouldn't go. I ignored it for now, but I silently hoped that it meant nothing.