Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 10

We all sat at Bryan's table, eating cocoa puffs. Except for Bryan, he sat at the table picking at a bag of assorted fruits. It reminded me much of a family. A very odd, different family. Jessi spooned another bite of cereal into her mouth while she switched from staring Max down, to staring me down.

"Jesus Christ Jessi, what is with you and your staring problem?!" I shrieked, shoving a spoon full into my mouth. Max chuckled while he ate and Bryan just looked up at all of us.

"It's you two," she said, squinting her eyes and pointing at us with her spoon while she chewed her food.

"Me and Max?" I asked, pointing to my chest and furrowing my eyebrows at her.

"No, you and the fucking chair," Jessi retorted. Max choked on his chocolate puffs and I smirked.

"You two are acting different...aren't they acting different, babe?" she asked, nudging Bryan in the arm. Bryan twitched and took a bite of his watermelon.

"They were making out last night," he said plainly. My cheeks grew hot instantly and I kicked Bryan really hard in the shin as a reflex while Max just snickered nervously.

"Oh REALLY?" Jessi asked, interested in details obviously.

"How do you know?!" I hissed at Bryan as he laughed and rubbed his leg.

"You act like smoochy noises are hard to hear, and it's not like you guys weren't making other noises..." Bryan trailed off awkwardly. I covered my face with my hand, embarrassed.

"Why are you embarrassed, Randel?" Jessi chuckled. Max just pressed his lips together in a straight line, smiling at me when ever I glanced at him in between my fingers.

"It's just so awkward!" I giggled a little bit.

"We knew it was bound to happen sooner or later," Jessi shrugged, as she took some more bites of her cereal. I rolled my eyes at the situation and sighed. I began eating my cereal again as I felt Max's hand on mine. A smile played at the corners of my lips delicately and I let it take over my face.

"Awwwwwwww!" Jessi cooed as she smiled and chewed.

"No holding hands at the table children," Bryan joked.

"Shut up, let them, it's cute," Jessi joked back. Bryan chuckled at my misery and I groaned at Jessi. "Okay, okay I'll stop," she said, holding her hands up and laughing. I turned my head and smiled at Max and I saw Jessi resting her head in her hand and smiling at us out of the corner of my eye. I giggled, blushing and got up to put my cereal bowl in the sink.

I sat back down and Jessi began talking about going out later.

"We should go to a bar or a club," I suggested, nodding and smiling. Jessi and Bryan just stared at me for 30 seconds, eating their food. I smirked at the both of them.

"How about not?" Jessi asked, grimacing at the thought.

"You guys are no fun," I whined.

"I'm totally up for going to a bar or a club," Max chimed in, raising his hand.

"Of course you are," Jessi retorted. Max just smiled at her and spooned another bite in his mouth.

"Well...Bryan and I could go to a movie or something while you two rebellious teenagers go to the bar," Jessi said, laughing a little bit.

"Teenagers aren't allowed in bars, Jessica....and I'm 20 last time I checked," I said, shooting a sly smirk at her. Jessi just shook her head and got up to put her bowl in the sink.

"Well we have a couple of hours to kill," Bryan said, taking a bite of his apple and walking upstairs.

"I think we should go for a walk," I told Max, smiling and grabbing his hand to drag him upstairs before he could answer. He laughed and ran up the stairs right after me, letting go of my hand. I fell into the door and he fell against me, turning me around and smashing our noses together. I couldn't breathe, but I just smiled and looked up into his eyes.

"You always smell so good," he commented, moving his face closer to my neck. I giggled like a school girl and turned the door knob, almost making him fall on top of me to the floor. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, making me collide into him again.

"Max, I have to put my makeup on," I laughed and whined at the same time. He smiled at me and let his fingers slip from mine slowly. I walked into the bathroom, only to realize I had no makeup in this bathroom. I turned around to go downstairs to use some of Jessi's but Max pulled on my hand again. "Don't tell me you have makeup," I laughed.

"Actually I do, I have eyeliner," Max said proudly. I stifled some laughs teasingly and I walked back into the bathroom.

"Where?" I asked him as I fumbled through some things on the sink.

"Right here," he said, taking a black stick in between his fingers and putting it in my hands.

"Well this is weird, sharing makeup with you," I commented as I pulled my eyelid down and began applying the blackness. Max laughed and messed with his hair in the mirror. "Are you sure you're not Gay?" I asked him while I stared him down, pausing from applying makeup so I could get a good look at him. He narrowed his eyes at me and I giggled. "Just sayin'," I said, smiling at him. "I mean if you are, I have nothing against it, It's totally cool," I joked.

"Shut up," he mumbled, smiling at me and butt bumping me so I slammed into the wall beside me.

"Ow, jackass" I retorted, smacking him in the arm.

"That hurt my feelings," Max said, looking down and trying to act sad. The bad part about it was that it worked.

"Awwwwww, I'm sorry" I said, kissing him all over his cheek. He instantly smiled, and when he did he smiled like a baby. My eyes brightened and I wondered if he could get any more attractive than he already was.

"You're staring," he smiled cockily.

"Oops," I mumbled, blushing hard and looking back into the mirror while Max busted out in fits of laughter.

"Wow," he commented at my lack of realization. I was done with applying my eyeliner, and I waltzed out of the bathroom to go downstairs so I could put mascara on.

Max grabbed me around the waist, making my breath hitch in my throat and making me cough.

"Sorry," he said in my ear.

"S'alright," I said softly, mesmerized by his breath so close to my face. "...but I know you don't have mascara, and if you do have it then I'm going to have to smack you," I joked.

"Nah, I don't, you're right," Max laughed.

"Alright," I stated, breaking free of his grasp and running down the stairs. Max followed me like a lost puppy, and if it was anyone else it would have bothered me. But I liked him following me. I got to Jessi's bathroom and I applied the mascara in a hurry. I wanted so badly to share stories with Max about our pasts. Which is the whole reason I made plans for the walk.