Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 12

I put a snug grip on Max's hand as he led me into the club.

"SAFE SEX!" Jessi screamed as Bryan pulled away from the sidewalk they dropped us off at. The door closed behind me, and I couldn't even hear myself think. Music was booming through my whole body, and people were all around me. It sent a careless, excited vibe through me that I wasn't used to feeling. We finally got to a more open area and Max led me to the bar where we both sat on stools. A few minutes went by and before I could even think to do it, I had a few shot glasses of patron set up in front of me in a line. Max watched me worriedly as I eyed the shot glasses. I rubbed my hands together and started at the end, picking up a glass and downing it like I hadn't had any liquids down my throat in a day or two. The vile taste didn't phase me, I just kept drinking and drinking until the line of glasses were now empty instead of full. Both Max and the bar tender stared at me in astonishment as I pushed the empty glasses forward, shaking my head a bit to clear my vision.

"What?" I laughed, smacking my lips and scooting my stool closer to Max. He just sipped on his beer as I ordered yet another line of shots.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Max asked softly as the bar tender left to fill my glasses.

"Having fun," I said, smiling at him. I could feel the tequila setting in and it made me sweat.

"Are you sure you want to drink this much?" Max asked, raising his eyebrows in concern.

"Yes mommy," I slurred. Max laughed at me and rested his arm around my waist.

I was on my 14th shot of patron and I couldn't stop laughing and dancing around. I dumped the liquor down my throat as I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was a guy I had slept with before.

"Hi," I slurred, as I sat down and snickered when I couldn't find the stool.

"Are you here with someone?" the guy yelled as he got way too close to me. I didn't answer him, I was too drunk to contemplate words really. He wrapped his arm around my waist and took me to the dance floor. I tried to yell for Max but I was also too drunk to concentrate on raising my voice too. All that came out of my mouth was "Max," and it was barely above casual conversation. The guy was all over me and I tried to shove him away but he seemed like he was too intoxicated to get the point that I didn't want any of what he was doing.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, man?" Max snapped as I felt his hand close around my arm tightly. I shut my eyes as tightly as I could and the guy laughed at Max and left my side, walking over to him and getting right in front of him. "You can act as tough as shit if you want, that's still my fucking girlfriend," Max said, not budging and looking up into the guy's face.

"I don't know who you think you're talking to," the guy yelled as he grabbed Max by the front of the shirt and shoved him into the counter.

"No!" I squealed as I grabbed the back of the guys shirt and pulled him off of Max. The guy elbowed me in the face, making me fall down. I got right back up and all I could see was red. The guy continued to get in Max's face and before I knew it I was grabbing onto the guys arm, trying to get him to look at me.

"Randi, what are you doing?" Max asked, he was obviously very frustrated. The guy turned around and I drew my fist back and punched him in the mouth as hard as I could. I heard a crack as soon as my hand met his face.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" the guy roared as he charged at me with fury. I had to think fast, and I did exactly that. I grabbed his head and dug my nails into his scalp as hard as I could as he repeatedly shoved me in my stomach. He took one blow with his fist right in the side of my face and I screamed as I felt my neck pop painfully.

"HOLY SHIT," Max screamed as he ran to my side. I held my face in pain as I fell to the ground and couldn't get back up. I saw Max punch the guy in the face multiple times as the guy also fell to the ground. Max was on top of him and he was beating the pulp out of him. I groaned as I thought about what was probably going to happen next-the police coming and all of us possibly getting thrown in jail. I wasn't going to let that happen, drunk as I was.

"Max....Max....MAX!" I screamed with everything in me. Max stood up off the guy and at this point everyone's eyes were on us. Max huffed and wiped the sweat and blood off of his face. "Can we please just go home," I slurred. The tequila was wearing off, and on top of the throbbing pain in my jaw I had the after affects of it.

"YOU STUPID LITTLE FAGGOT! YOU BETTER NOT EVER FUCKING SHOW YOUR FACE IN THIS BAR AGAIN! YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR FUCKING BACK!" Some other guy, that I recognized as a friend of the guy that came onto me growled.

"I'M RIGHT HERE!" Max shouted angrily, obviously waiting for him to do something.

"No. Max, come the fuck on," I growled as I grabbed his hand and forced him out the door. Max flipped them all off as he trudged out the door behind me. I sighed in frustration as I started hearing sirens. "Oh my god," I whined as I ran my hands down my face. Max was breathing heavily and his knuckles were busted. "Fuck," I wailed as I began walking faster, making Max pick up pace as well.

"I'm sorry," Max mumbled as he tried to gain control over him self. We ducked into an alley nearby and almost as if on cue I saw Bryan's white little car strolling down the street.

"BRYAN!!!" I shouted desperately and drunkenly, running out into the street. Bryan slammed on his breaks and I saw surprised looks on both Jessi and Bryan's faces. I ran to the side of the backseat and piled in as fast as I could, Max followed right after.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" Jessi shrieked as she saw the blood running down my face.

"GO!" I shouted as I saw the cop cars in front of the bar we were once at.

"Care to explain?!" Jessi demanded as we were heading toward home.

"Some dick head was grinding and rubbing all over Randi, so I told him to get the fuck off of her and he got in my face," Max spat as he protectively put his arm around my waist. I sighed as I finally wiped the dried up blood off of my bottom lip.

"Alright, now why is her face bloody?" Jessi asked, staring us down from the passenger seat.

"She punched him in the face because he grabbed me," Max confessed. Bryan chuckled and immediately covered it up when Jessi shot him a quick glare. "And then he punched her back...so I beat the shit out of that fucking idiot," Max explained, showing his knuckles. The street lights burned my eyes so I closed them and layed my head against Max's shoulder. Jessi glanced at me. "She's drunk. She had 14 shots of patron," Max confirmed.

"YOU LET HER DRINK THAT MUCH?!" Jessi screamed.

"Was I not supposed to...?" Max asked in oblivion.

"NO! SHE'S A FUCKING ALCOHOLIC MAX! SHE CAN'T JUST FUCKING STOP DRINKING LIKE YOU CAN! OH MY GOD! FUCK!" Jessi yelled, putting her face in her hands.

"I'm fine, don't yell at him!" I slurred, sitting up and hitting my head on the top of the car.

"No you're not Randi, no you're fucking not," Jessi said, sighing.

"She never told me she was an alcoholic!" Max defended. Bryan just stayed quiet as we pulled into the drive way. I opened my door hurriedly and vomited all over the ground outside.

"Nice," Bryan commented nervously, making sure I didn't get any on his car.

"I feel like a fucking dumbass," Max mumbled, opening the door and running into the house before Bryan or Jessi could say anything further to him.

"Max!" Jessi yelled after him. Max slammed the front door and after a few seconds I saw the light turn on in the up-stairs window out of the corner of my eye. My stomach kept convulging and Bryan finally decided to pull my hair back. Jessi came over to my side as well and started rubbing my back.

"Ohhh my god," I moaned as I wiped my mouth off.

"Come on," Bryan said gently, helping me out of the car and over my vomit. "Jess, I'm just gonna carry her up to Max's room okay? Try and calm down..." Bryan told her carefully as he picked my legs up and held me in his arms bridal style.

"I can walk a little bit," I croaked.

"It's alright," Bryan said softly. I just relaxed in his arms and stayed quiet as he carried me into the house, up the stairs, and into Max's room. Bryan sat me on the bed next to a shaken up Max.

"Thanks. Love you," I smiled at him.

"Love you too," he chuckled at me.

"Max, dude, don't be so hard on yourself. Jessi just looks after Randi like a mother or a big sister would, always has and always will. You didn't know Randi couldn't drink," Bryan assured him as he patted him on the shoulder. Max sat on the edge of the bed with his face in his hands. He let out a long sigh and I put my hand on his back, rubbing up his shirt to try and comfort him. Bryan left and shut the door quietly. I sat there, just rubbing his back for the longest time it seemed.

Max finally layed down next to me, wrapping his arms around me lovingly.

"I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear.

"For what?" I croaked out tiredly.

"It's my fault you got hurt," he claimed, running his fingers down the side of my face. I closed my eyes and almost fell asleep that second. I turned over so I was facing him and I just stared into his eyes. I pressed the palm of my hand against his cheek and attached my lips to his. It sent a shock through me, even in my drunk state. I let my lips massage his and he did the same with mine. I ran my hand up his back slowly and pulled his shirt over his head. "And what do you think you're doing?" he teased me, breaking away from our kiss and looking into my eyes. I chewed on my lip and smirked at him.

"You know exactly what I'm doing," I slurred. His eyes got wide and he swallowed hard.

"What?" he asked me. I could sense the nervousness in his voice.

"You're such a virgin," I told him, cackling. I struggled to get on top of him, but I accomplished it anyhow. I straddled his waist and took my own shirt off.

"Woahhhhh what is this?" Max asked.

"Don't be so naive....I don't even know what that means," I told him as I layed on top of him and giggled at myself. I flipped my hair out of my face and kissed and sucked all over his neck and chest.

"You're drunk," he stated, placing a hand on my stomach and stopping me.

"Annnddd your point is?" I slurred, continuing to kiss every place that I could regardless of him trying to stop me.

"Randi...if you want to have sex with me sure, whatever. But wait until you're sober. I'm not going to take advantage of you...or even do anything with you when you aren't thinking clearly," Max concluded,

"You don't want me?" I asked seductively as I giggled like a school girl and grabbed onto his belt buckle. He gulped and closed his eyes, trying to control his self. I felt tension building underneath his belt buckle and I laughed at him. "Ooooh but little Max thinks otherwise," I slurred, giggling all the while.

"I can't, I'm sorry, I won't have sex with you when you're drunk," Max said as he grabbed me gently and set me to the side. He got up and practically ran to the bathroom. I just sat on the bed, dumbfounded and amazed at what he just did. One part of my mind was upset that he denied me, another part of my mind was thinking about how amazing it was that he respected me enough to not do anything with me when I was intoxicated, and the other part of my mind was just drunk and didn't give a fuck.