Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 13

I turned over on the bed, I just couldn't get comfortable. Morning light flooded the room and I opened my eyes. I was laying on the total opposite side I was supposed to be laying on, Max wasn't in the bed, and my head and eyes were in a lot of pain. I slid off the bed and I noticed I didn't have a shirt on. My eyes got wide and I shut them tightly again in pain. I stood up gingerly, and the vile rose in my throat. I hurried across the floor to the bathroom and I stepped over a sleeping Max, not even bothering to wake him up and ask him why he was sleeping in the bathroom. I bent over the toilet bowl and let everything spill out of me. My stomach heaved and convulged and when I was done, I just collapsed on the floor. I was too weak to move. I crawled over to Max the best I could and I tried to curl up onto his lap, waking him up as I did so.

"Huh?" he asked, shooting up and hitting his head on the sink. I laughed at him, even in my state. "What?" he asked, rubbing his forehead and sitting up so his back was against the cabinets.

"I don't feel good," I groaned, sitting in his lap and curling up into a ball. He laughed at me this time and moved my hair out of my face. "Why don't I have a shirt on?" I asked him, looking down at my bare stomach.

"You tried to fuck me last night," Max laughed, as I glanced up at him with wide eyes. I crawled out of his lap and stood up, running a hand through my hair.

"Ohmygod," I said, making it sound like it was all one word. The vile rose yet again, and I stepped over to the toilet. I vomited until nothing but water came out. Max held my hair back and I finally forced myself to hold everything else down. I plopped down against the wall and Max filled a small cup with water for me. "Thank you," I mumbled, taking it and gulping it down.

"You drank so much last night," Max told me, sighing and sliding down the wall next to me. "I blame myself," he said, staring off at the wall in front of him.

"What?" I said, swallowing the last of my water.

"You never told me you were an alcoholic," Max said softly, not making eye contact with me. I crushed the plastic cup in my hand and didn't say anything.

"...I'm sorry," I muttered, not knowing what else to say. Max turned to look at me and he examined my face, pressing my hair back with his fingers and lifting my chin with his thumb. I closed my eyes and furrowed my brow at him. "Why?" I asked him.

"Some guy punched you last night," Max said with a bit of anger.

"What?!" I asked, exasperated.

"Yeah...you punched him first though, and I kicked his ass afterward. We're both lucky we're not in a jail cell right now," Max contemplated, raising my hand and showing me my bruised knuckles. They didn't hurt until I saw them. I touched them and it stung.

"Ouch," I hissed, drawing my hand back from myself. "Why the fuck did I punch him?" I asked, looking up at Max and seeing a black eye adorning his face. "Oh my god," I whispered. I reached up and touched Max's eye gently as he spoke.

"He grabbed me, because I told him to get off of you. He was touching all over you," Max said, grinding his teeth together. I chuckled at him and his jealousy.

"I can't believe I don't remember anything," I said, while Max traced my bruised knuckles softly. I rested my pounding head back against the wall. "I wanna go back to bed," I stated.

"Oh let's, please," Max said, springing up and holding his hand out for me to take.

"Mmm I don't know....what if I have to throw up again?" I asked him, rubbing my stomach. He grabbed the small trash basket by the toilet for me and I smiled. "Max?"

"Randi," he yawned, as he snuggled his cheek against mine. I giggled a little bit but continued to ask him what I was wondering.

"Why'd you sleep in the bathroom?" I asked, closing my eyes as his breath hit my face like a breeze when he exhaled.

"...I already told you," he said, shifting nervously.

"No, I mean...you could have just came back out after I passed out..." I trailed off. He cleared his throat anxiously.

"Well...I knew...that if I stayed in here with you while you were...trying to seduce me...I probably would have given in, and I wasn't going to let myself do that," he explained, chewing on his lip nervously. I busted out in a fit of laughter and he closed his eyes in humiliation. I just kept laughing and laughing until I couldn't laugh anymore.

"Oh my god," I breathed. Max glared at me until I stopped laughing and just stared at him. "I'm sorry," I sputtered, pursing my lips together tightly. "Hmmm...I regret not unbuckling your pants faster," I half joked with him. His eyes got wide like I faintly remembered them last night and I started laughing again.

"No, you're done," he said, putting his hand over my face. I wrapped my fingers around his wrist and curled his hand underneath my chin. I stared into his green eyes and smiled at him, making him smile back.

"Are you a virgin?" I asked him, smirking all the while.

"Pft, no," he said.

"You fucking act like one!" I shrieked playfully, still laughing.

"Oh really?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, really," I stated, nodding my head at him. He pressed his lips against mine roughly and my eyes got wide this time. I raised my eyebrows but closed my eyes anyway. He got on top of me and held my hands above my head so I couldn't move. Our lips moved in harmony and I felt his tongue glazing back and forth across my bottom lip. I sighed into his lips and he moaned. I gasped and my whole body tensed up. I parted my lips and our tongues intertwined again and again. He broke away from my lips and kissed down my chin. I squealed a little bit and he nibbled on the skin of my neck, making me grab his hair. It was a sweet spot, and he knew it. I groaned and he broke away, breathing heavily. I opened my eyes and just stared at him. "Well..." I uttered, swallowing the intensity in my throat.

"Yeah, now what," he laughed lamely.

"I can do better than that," I shot back.

"Try me!" he urged.

"I will!" I shouted as I practically pounced on him.

"Oh fuck" he yelped as my legs landed on either side of his hips. I stared down at him and flipped my hair out of my face.

"Now you're all mine," I cackled. He stared up at me with intense eyes and I pressed my lips against his once more. I had memorized the feeling by now, but it still sent shock wave after shock wave down my spine and through my fingertips. He rested his arms around the small of my back and I rested the palms of my hands on his face. I sucked on his bottom lip and he tensed up just like I had. I nibbled on it and dragged my teeth off of it until he trembled. I kissed and licked all the way down his neck and stopped at his chest. I kissed back up to his shoulder blade and sucked on the skin, he sighed and ran his hands up my back, making me sigh too. I ran my hands down his chest, to his stomach and messed with his belt buckle. Tension grew underneath my hands instantly and I giggled into his neck. I pulled his belt through the buckle and slid it off of him, throwing it to the floor. I ran my fingers down the middle of his body until I got to the buttons of his jeans. He grabbed a handful of my shirt and I left soft kisses on his neck until he relaxed a little bit. I slowly unbuttoned his pants and unzipped the zipper. He huffed out a breath and I sat up, folding my arms behind me and messing with my bra to get it undone. I heard the door swing open and Jessi screamed, covering her eyes.

"GOOD GOD!" I fell off of the bed, hitting my back hard on the floor. I covered my chest as my bra had fallen off, and Max struggled to fasten his pants as he stood up off the bed too. Jessi slammed the door and rambled on profanities as I ran into the bathroom and closed the door, holding my breasts the whole time. I put my bra back on and fastened it as I looked in the mirror. My hair was everywhere and I had a small red mark on my neck.

"Shit," I spat, rubbing it with my hands. It felt like a bruise, but I knew it was a hickey. I didn't know which was more embarrassing: Jessi seeing my half naked body, or this situation entirely.