Status: Active

Breathe Easy the Doctors Are About to Arrive

chapter 31

I walked into the house like a child waiting for scolding, from both my friends and my boyfriend. I walked into the living room with my head down, not making eye contact with Max. He stayed quiet and walked into the kitchen, getting himself a glass of water. I looked up when I didn’t hear anything, and I looked all around. I realized that we were still the only people in the house. Max slammed the glass of water down on the counter angrily, and it made me jump, which resulted in me lashing out at him.

“Why are you so fucking mad?!” I asked, turning to face him, glaring and waiting for the storm to come.

“Why am I so fucking mad? WHY AM I SO FUCKING MAD?!” he raged. I crossed my arms and walked forward so I could see him better. I walked until I got right in front of him. He was leaning against the door frame of the kitchen, one arm holding his body up from it.

“Yes Max, why the fuck are you so mad?” I seethed, dropping my arms and waiting for an answer. He bored his eyes into mine and turned around, practically throwing his cup in the sink. He smirked and shook his head.

“You’re a fucking idiot if you don’t know why I’m mad, Randi, a fucking idiot!” he growled.

“EXCUSE ME?!” I roared, raising my arm up and smacking him across the face so hard that I could feel the impact on my hand to the point where it hurt and made me shake. “I am not a fucking idiot!” I steamed, clenching my fists and waiting for him to react.

“I DIDN’T CALL YOU A FUCKING IDIOT, BUT THANKS FOR SLAPPING ME, THAT’S ANOTHER BRUISE!” Max screamed in my face.

“THAT’S WHAT CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!” I screamed back in the same tone. He took a deep breath in to retain himself. Tears began welling up in my eyes and all he could do was stare at me.

“This guy rapes you, bruises you up so bad it hurts when I touch you…and you expect me not to want to brutally murder him?” he hissed through clenched teeth. I took it that that was the only way he could keep his voice down.

“I just didn’t want any drama,” I said, my voice shaking.

“What? Did you think he was going to hurt me?” he smirked, and it made me want to gag.

“Yes! That-that or I was afraid you‘d end up behind bars in a jail cell away from me forever!” I yelled, flailing my arms in the air and beginning to cry.

“What, do you think I’m this weak little boy?!” Max exasperated, shaking his head in mock disbelief. I shook my head and walked away from him, but he grabbed me by the wrist and made me face him.

“Max…you’re wearing on my patience so much right now,” I growled, venom dripping off of every word. I could feel my breathing getting heavier by the second, and my temper was ready to attack.

“I want you to look at me when I talk to you, this is serious,” he said firmly, looking down at me as I burned my eyes into his.

“Let go of my wrists, and I will,” I growled, trying to yank myself free. He wouldn’t let go, and he wouldn’t ease his grip until I stopped moving. “That fucking hurts!“ I warned, squirming around under his grasp like a child being restrained. He clenched his jaw and started talking, containing himself the best he could.

“If someone ever does that to you again, you’re going to tell me right after it happens, I will not have that not knowing bullshit,” he complained. I rolled my eyes and turned my wrists, wincing as he still wouldn’t let go.He finally threw my wrists down, and my rage boiled.

“Yeah, because hurting me like that is really going to make everything better!” I wailed, tears pouring out of my eyes as I shoved him back as far as I could. He sighed a long, irritated sigh, and walked to the couch, plopping down on it and shaking his head. He kept his cool, and it frustrated me. “AND YOU DON’T EVEN CARE THAT YOU HURT ME?!” I shrieked.
My throat started to burn and my cheeks were so wet, it felt like I had just taken a shower. I got in front of him and shoved him back against the couch, straddling him and pushing him back repeatedly.

“What if I hurt you? Then will you care?! HUH?!” I screamed, choking on my tears and finally collapsing against him with the last shove that I had in my control. I shook and shook against him, and the tears just came out. He sat there, and didn’t say a word. His arms started enclosing on me and I pushed them away, sitting up off of him. I stared into his eyes and they were sad, stressed. I sniffled and wiped my face off with my forearm. He leaned into kiss me and grabbed my face.

“Don’t fucking kiss me,” I hissed. His hand still rested on my face, but I ripped it away. I got up and turned, running for the stairs; he was right behind me. He caught up to me and got in front of our bedroom door so that I couldn’t open it. I stared at him, and he stared back, wrapping me up in his arms slowly. I squirmed and squirmed until he finally let me go. I just stood there, staring at him, frustrated. My eyes were getting heavy and I was more than exhausted. I blinked at him , and he kept staring back at me, not knowing what to do. I put my hand on the door knob and he sighed, stepping away. “I’m going to bed,” I said plainly, looking sideways at him and entering the room. He followed me, and I glared at him.

“…Do you want me to sleep on the couch?” he hesitated, and folded his hands in front of him awkwardly.

“Well it’s not like we’re going to be doing any cuddling here in this bed,” I huffed, and he walked out of the room slowly with his head down, like a puppy that knew he had done wrong. I turned my head and plopped down on the bed, face first. I was so stubborn, and I hated it. Even if I didn’t realize I hated it at the time. I cried until I fell asleep, and I figured that I was so upset mostly because I was so tired. I would have already been over it and sleeping with him if I wasn’t on the edge of a breakdown from lack of sleep.

I slept lightly, and I woke up after what seemed like a few hours. It wasn‘t that late, it couldn‘t have been. My eyes fluttered open, and a fringe of pain shot through my chest when I realized Max wasn’t next to me. I heard noises coming from the room down the hall, and it sounded like Bryan and Jessi were having some fun. I figured since they were out all day, Bryan must have bought her something nice, and now she was thanking him. The moans got louder and louder and I realized this is what it felt like to hear someone having sex while you were trying to sleep. I shoved a pillow on top of my face and turned around, wrapping myself in the blankets. They smelled like Max. They smelled like his musty, home-like smell that he always had to him, and so did the pillow over my face. I clawed into the pillow, feeling the softness under my nails, and threw it across the room. I glared up at the ceiling as I heard the bed moving and creaking down the hall. I growled and lunged for the bedroom door, not even realizing that my feet touched and walked across the floor. I was the first one to give in, and I didn’t even care. I plunged down the stairs and stopped quietly and immediately as I got to the end of the couch. The moonlight was basking off of his face and he was sleeping so peacefully, all sprawled out on the cushions in his boxers. His mouth was open just a little bit, the metal in his bottom lip shining in the little light that the moon gave. The blankets were provided by Bryan, I could tell. His forehead was creased in pain as he slept, and I frowned at it.

“Max,” I whispered, walking forward while my bare feet scuffled across the floor. I watched him as he became alert slowly, raising his head up slightly off the arm of the couch and looking up every where trying to spot who it was whispering his name. I smiled at him, trying not to laugh and wake him all the way. His eyes fixated on me, and the same smile played across his lips slowly when he saw me standing there. He grabbed my hand and I let him, as he played with my fingers.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, and sleep buzzed his voice.

“I know, me too,” I croaked, crawling on top of him.

“What are you doing?” he laughed, supporting me so I wouldn’t fall off. I shimmied under the covers and made myself comfortable on top of his cool skin, laying my head on his chest right under his chin.

“Jessi and Bryan are fucking…like llamas, upstairs,” I said, smiling at my choice of words.
He chuckled and rubbed my back. His hand was cold, and I jumped from it.

“I know, they just had that ‘look’ to them when they came in the door,” he told me, and I smiled, feeling comfortable under the blanket snuggled up to him.

“I don’t want to fight anymore,” I whispered, feeling the sleep wanting to take me over again.

“No more, I promise…” he trailed off, yawning and kissing my head. I raised myself up and rested my arms on either side of his face. My entire body was on his, and it felt as comfortable as anything. He rested the palms of his hands on the small of my back and let his fingers linger somewhere around there. I relaxed my body, and rested my lips on his. He closed the gap between our mouths and we kissed over and over again. I played with the rings in his lip with my tongue and he smiled, running his hands up my back. I laughed and kissed him softly one more time. “I love you,” he breathed, kissing all over my face to my ear.
I smiled really big, and answered him back,

“I love you too.”

“Aww look at them, Bryan!” I heard Jessi say, trying not to wake us up.

“Randi’s drooling,” Bryan chuckled, walking away from me and Max as Jessi followed.
I raised my eyebrows in my sleep and opened my eyes into slits, afraid to get killed by the light that was oozing through the windows of the living room.

“What the fuck,” I mumbled under my breath, being aware of the damp, sweaty skin underneath my cheek that was Max’s chest. I moved my head, exhausted from laying on him the entire night. His arm tightened around me and I sighed. I tried opening my eyes more than they were, and I raised up off of him. He was still asleep, snoring like a baby, and I was bewildered at the fact he could stay asleep with me moving on top of him. I wiped the drool off of my face, only checking to see if it was there because Bryan said something about it. I kissed the sleeping form beneath me and he gasped, while his eyes shot open. I giggled at him and nibbled on his bottom lip slightly, trying to wake him up. I looked into his eyes as I smiled and kept kissing him so gently. His eyes were still heavy, but he was getting there. He smiled up at me through the kiss, and I smiled back. I stretched and crawled down off of him, falling down off the couch and sitting on the ground after a small squeal left my lips. I was only in my underwear and a baggy shirt, but I didn’t care. I looked at my reflection in the TV; my hair was sticking up all over my head, coming around like a black curtain and laying across my shoulder. My makeup was all gone, and I looked natural. I liked how I looked for once, without makeup. I tilted my head back and looked up at the clock hanging above the TV. It was only 8 AM.

“WHAT?!“ I screamed, getting up and marching into the kitchen.

“Why are you guys up so early?!” I demanded. “Why am I up so early?!” I added.
Bryan and Jessi both laughed at me, as Bryan poured himself some coffee. Jessi was wrapped in a towel and her hair was wet, and I realize she had just gotten out of the shower.
“Bryan, what the hell? You never wake up this early,” I complained, shaking my head so my hair would fall out of my face.

“We’re going to Disney World…and staying in a hotel there in Florida for a week,” Bryan explained. I stared at him like he was insane.

“….Why…?” I asked, scanning his face carefully.

“Because, we need to go somewhere, get around the world, get out of this stupid town for a while,” Bryan said, and a smile popped up hesitantly on his face. I turned around, looking all around the kitchen.

“Why’d you randomly decide to take us all to Disney World, Bry?” I asked, squinting my eyes at him and trying to read him the best I could.

“I already told you,” he said, and his smile beamed this time through his brilliant white teeth.
I looked him over again, and I knew he was up to something. I would let it slide for now, but I would hound him later. He winked at me, and I made an “o” shape with my mouth. I turned and walked away, and laughed at him under my breath.

“Maxwell!” I shouted, bounding into the living room. “Max, wake up!” I squealed, jumping on him. He shot up and almost hit his head on my face. I laughed at him and rolled off the couch, making a loud “thump”. “MAX!” I squealed, getting on him again.

“WHAT!” he said in the same voice, and I laughed at him.

“We’re going to Disney World!” I sang, getting up and pulling him up by his hands.
He wouldn’t budge.

“Randi…go back to sleep…it’s only 8 AM,” he said, curling back against the couch like he was. I frowned and sat on him with my knees.

“MAXWELL GREEN! WAKE THE FUCK UP!” I growled in the loudest voice I could muster.
He turned slightly, and looked up at me with one opened eye. I put a mad face on and crossed my arms.

“Fine,” he snapped, and shuffled to get up. I almost fell off of him and I screamed. He laughed and held me so I wouldn’t fall. I slid down and stood on my feet. I grabbed him by the hand and dragged him into the kitchen so Bryan could prove that we were actually leaving. Max almost stumbled over and he smiled at me and ruffled his hair so it didn’t look as insane as it actually was.

“BRYAN!” I yelled, trotting into the kitchen, pulling Max right behind me.

“Dude, we’re really going to Disney World, Randi isn’t lying,” Bryan said, already knowing why I took Max in there. Bryan chuckled and took a drink of his coffee and Max just stared at him.

“What the fuck, dude?” Max said, shaking his head and itching his side. “Really? Why are we going halfway across the country? Why the fuck did you randomly…why, just why?” Max asked, yawning tiredly. Max shook his head and sat down at the table, giving up. Bryan ignored him, and Max still looked like he was waiting for an answer.

“I’m too lazy to pack…” I whined, and Bryan and Max just looked at me.

“What? You two are both men, you don’t have to worry about cleaning your vag or anything,” I said, laughing and getting up to go pack and see if I could get what I wanted out of Jessi about why Bryan randomly decided to take a trip halfway across the country.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo freakin excited!!! My freakin chapters are coming after the next update!!!! :DDDD
COMMENT PLEASE?!!
THANKY YOU GUYS so fuckin much!!! FOUR FREAKIN STARS!!! hell yea!...let's see how many more we can get :D