The New Girl

Reality

Back in my room, trying to figure out a good way to bring up what's on my mind to Tina. There's no why to be suttle about the subject, so I should just be straight forward.

"Hey Tina! I was just looking for you." I said when my cousin walked in.

"Really? Because it looked like you were sitting on your bed daydreaming."

"Oh, you caught me." I admitted. "Actually, I was thinking about you. I have someting to ask."

"Hmmm, ok well what's up?"

"Well you know today? When you came to my table at lunch?" I started cuatiously.

"Yeah, I recall that memory of mine."

"Ok, so do you know who I was sitting with? I mean like personally know them?" I'm nervous of my cousin, how pathetic.

"Actually, I did recongize those brats for a slight second. Now since you mentioned it, I do remember us being best friends until they backstabbed me." Oh no.

"How did they do that? What happened?"

"You really want to know Isabella?" Of course I do, i think, but i don't say that. I simply nod my head. "You might not want to be friends with them. Ever. Again."

"Is it really that bad Tina, or are you just making it seem like that. Because if you are then stop. It's not cool, I bet it wasn't even worth agruing over."

"Of course not, i'm just making shit up. I would lie to you, wouldn't I Isabella?" She snarled. What did I do?

"Tina you know I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry. Ok just tell me what happened." I hate to argue with her, so surrendering seems to work best.

"Fine! Here's what happened. It was me, Lexie, Kiara, and Ebonie, we all hanged out and everything was good.Then this girl showed up. Lindsay. Pfft. The new girl, and so they wanted to be friends with her, said it'll be cool and what not. I didn't want to though, at that time i was the leader of our friendship, I brought everyone together. So what I said should have been listened to, but it wasn't. Soon they started going behind my back and talking to her. I'd see Kiara or Ebonie walking away from her at times." She paused, looked a tme, and continued. "I didn't care that much, I wasn't close to them like I was with Lexie. So, one day I saw Lexie walking with Lindsay laughing, and my insides went hard. I got so angry, mainly at myself though. I saw what true friends I had, and got disgusted with them because they snuck around me. Every day I drifted farther apart from them, and every day they talked to Lindsay more and more."

"One weekend i told mom I wanted my hair cut, and try a different style, I wanted to be a new Tina. And here I am. Stacy came up to me the next Monday and we hit it off great. No problems or anything. She introduced me to her friends, and we went out just to go out, have some fun. And sooner than later, I wasn't smiling at Lexie or Kiara, I would glower at them. All four of them. Even Lindsay. Soon they catched on and stopped looking in my direction." When she looks at me this time, I saw her eyes were watery. "And that's it cousin, everything in a nutshell."

"Wow. That's, um, I don't know exactly."

"Yeah, well me neither."

"Do you miss them Ti?" I knew she did.

"Honestly, Is, I do at times. And at others I try not to. It's rough you know? Having people in your life, being connected with them, and then they're gone in a flash? Has that ever happened to you?"

"No, Tina." Sarcasm biting at my tounge, "I only lost my mother, one morning she was there, the next she wasn't. But I have NO IDEA how it feels to lose a friend. I only had to leave all of mine back in Italy. But yet again i have NO FUCKING IDEA!"

It was harsh, I know that. She's upset, and wasn't thinking straight, right? Wrong. She still said it, that's reality, so I told her the reality of my life.

"Is, I'm so-"

"Save it. I'm tired, I'll see you in the morning."

And with that I got into bed, closed my eyes, and fell asleep, listening to Tina weep softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know if theres any misspelled things or errors, please and thank you!