The New Girl

Hello Mister.

Tanning. Laying next to Lindsay chatting up a storm while we get our tan on. Lexie and Akliah are in the water splashing each, and Kiara and Ebonie are getting us food. 

"Can you believe you made it this far?" Lindsay asked.

I pondered my answer for a moment. "Actually Lin, I thunk I can. If it wasn't for my family and friends, from here and back in Italy, I probably wouldn't have made it. But I have, and I'm content."

"That's really good. I know you've changed our lives, and for the better." Lindsay reassured me.

Two shadows hovered over us, handing chicken fingers with ranch and a burger to the both of us. My favorite. 

"Thanks weirdos. It's much appreciated," commented Lexie while she strode to us.  Grabbing her towel and tossing Akilah hers.

We sat in a circle, eating and talking. Remembering the times we have spent together and how summer won't change that. 

"Oh my nail clipper." I said, staring with my mouth drooped open. 

The girls turned to where I was looking. Taking in six beautiful faces. That were staring. Back. At. Us.

"Shit, look away" I whispered. They didn't listen. I don't even think they heard me.

Mesmerized by these boys, no these men. I get up and go to the water. Five dazed eyes look at me in astonishment. I see wonder in their eyes.

My skin touches the water and I instantly shiver. I hear a couple of snickers. I ignore them and concentrate   on the figure coming by me. Smiling face, bright white teeth in a straight line. Muscular and tan. His hair is cropped short in a messy style. He looks like a kid, with deep blue eyes. Breath taking indeed

As he approaches he says "Hey there" and slides into the water next to me.
 
"Uh hi." I look away awkwardly. 

"Your friend over there," he nodded his head at Lindsay "she's pretty cute. Do you mind introducing me?"

I was appalled. Completely and utterly appalled. He wanted me to hook him up with my best friend. Unbelievable. 

But I just muttered "sure," got out of the water and walked to Lin.

"Hey girly, you see that guy over there?" I waited for her to answer, all I got was a nod. "yeah well he wants to meet you. So get your little ass up and go talk to him."

I was so relieved when she got up. Oddly they were holding a conversation like old friends catching up. 

One by one, the other guys came over to talk to who they wanted. I was the last girl left. Instead of staring at who might or might not come to me, I lay ed down and started to tan again.

"You look ta enough. I mean, uh, you look good as you are right now. No need to get darker." said a monotone voice. 

I open my eyes and see someone sit down.

"But hey, don't let me stop you. I can always work on my tan too." He smiled at me and stuck out his hand. "Hi, I'm Richie."

I shook his hand and introduced myself. "Isabella."

After that everyone had a ball. We all talked and went swimming.

Lexie was with Ricky, Akilah had Jason, Kiara had Rishi, Ebonie was with Andrew, Lindsay had the hottie named John, and I had Richie. 

They were all in a grade above us, except for Richie. He went to out school while the others went to Wolf Lake High. 

"So, maybe I'll see you in school tomorrow?" Richie was asking me, just as I felt a rain drop fall on my cheek. With one swift movement of his thumb he wiped it of for me.

I smiled. "Thanks. And yeah, I'll keep my eye out for you." I said to him, then I turned to the girls and said "I think we should start leaving before if rains."

They agreed when they saw lightning flash overhead.

"It was nice talking to you girls. Maybe we can do this again?" suggested John.

"Yeah I think that may be possible. But for now goodbye." I say as I wave and walk toward the main road.

About a minute later I hear footsteps behind me. Not as happy as they were when we first arrived at Rock Springs,  but just as familiar.

Today was just the beginning for me. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in a day. Which means not another updated tillll idk when.