Status: Finished, but check out my other A7X One-Shots!

Lose Control

Lose Control

"Come on Leah! You NEVER come party with us! Please?! Just this once!" my best friend Ann begged.

"I don't need to go out and party just to have a good time!" I argued.

"Yeah, you just need to sit here and read the freaking encyclopedia until you know everything there is to know in the world!" my other friend, Becky, said. "Come on Leah! Remember Val from high school? Her and the guys that were in that band, Avenged Sevenfold are back from their tour and throwing a huge party. It's gonna be a bunch of people you know!"

"Sure, a bunch of people that made fun of me in high school and I hated." I rolled my eyes. They just stared at me. "FINE! Even though I hated everyone in that band."
*Except Brian* I thought. Oh yes, I had a major crush on that guitarist. But he was the biggest dick out of all of them. Gorgeous, but a complete asshole. They all were like that, except Johnny. He was in my math class and we were sort of friends.

"YAY!" they both jumped up and down. Again, I just rolled my eyes. We all went up to our rooms to get ready. Of course I was the first one downstairs. Finally they both joined me, in the skimpiest outfits I had ever seen. "Um...." Ann said when she saw me. "Sweetie, we're going to a party, not science lab."

"What's wrong with what I've got on?" I asked, looking down at my baggy blue jeans, 'Covalent Bonds For The Win!' tshirt and worn-out Nikes.

"Oh god, where do I start?" Becky asked, shaking her head. "Come on sweetheart, let us help you." I sighed and followed the into Ann's room. "First of all, contacts tonight dear, lose the glasses." I took them off and set them on the dresser. "And the ponytail's gotta go too." she said, taking my medium length black hair out of the hairtie. Ann came back from her closet with a mini skirt and a black and red corset top.

"Oh no," I shook my head. "No way."

"Come on Lee! Let loose!" she grinned.

About 45 minutes later I looked into the mirror in horror. My usually straight black hair was teased, the makeup around my bright breen eyes was thick and dark, my C-sized breasts almost falling out of Ann's corset, bare legs exposed due to the lack of material the skirt provided and about 3 inches taller from Becky's red stilettos that she forced me to wear. God, I'm going to die!

"You look fucking hot! Come on, time to go!" Becky said, coming up behind me and admiring me in the mirror. I groaned and made my way to Ann's little Acura.

We arrived at the party and it was HUGE! Music blaring, people everywhere. "Guys, I'm not so sure about this." I hesitated as I got out of the car.

"Come on honey! It's okay to lose control sometimes! Just go in there and have fun!" Ann said, putting her arm around my waist and leading me to the door. We got through the door and people were everywhere! Some of them I recognized, but I sure as hell didn't have any interest in talking to. Ann and Becky immediately found their former preppy bitch group and joined them, leaving me on my own. *Gee, thanks.* I found the bar and made myself a vodka and pepsi. I don't usually drink, but I needed something to take the edge off.

"Holy shit! Leah?!" I heard from beside me. I turned to see Johnny.

"My favorite math buddy!" I smiled, hugging him.

"Wow, you've changed." he laughed, looking me up and down.

"Actually no. I just let Becky and Ann get their hands on me tonight."

He gave me a weird look. "As in Becky Miller and Ann Barnett?" I nodded. "Like the two biggest bitches in your graduating class?" I nodded again.

"They're my roommates and best friends now." I shrugged.

"Interesting, how did that happen?" he asked.

"Well, Becky bit off more than she could chew going into the science class she did and I was a tutor so I got paired with her. Then some really bad shit happened to Ann so I let her stay with me and we just all kinda became friends over time."

"You were always way too nice for your own good." he said, shaking his head.

"What about you? The band actually made it! I'm so happy for you!"

He grinned. "Yeah, it was really hard for a while, but we finally did it. I couldn't be happier, music is my life."

"That is so great!" I said, hugging him again. "Well, I'm gonna go try to find the girls, but I'll talk to you in a bit." We said our byes and I walked around. I was really uncomfortable because I was not used to guys staring at me.

I walked around a corner and ran straight into someone that was coming the other way, spilling our drinks all over both of us. "Oh my god, I am so sorry!" I said, embarassed.

"It's okay, it was my fault too." the guy said. I looked up into the chocolate brown eyes and instantly got butterflies.Damn, he is even hotter now than when he was in high school. "Come on, let's go get cleaned up." he held his hand out and I tentatively took it. Electricity shot up my arm and into my brain, causing me to stumble. "Whoa, you okay?" he asked, catching me. I looked up from where I had landed agsinst his shoulder and nodded. He looked into my eyes for a minute then looked away, shaking his head. "Too much to drink huh?" he asked, smiling as he led us up the stairs.

"No. Just not used to walking in heels. I think I'm gonna end up killing myself before the end of the night." he laughed as I stumbled again. "SEE?! I swear I'm goinng to kill my friends for dressing me up and dragging me here."

"So you don't usually dress like this?" he asked.

"No way. Far from it."

"Shame. You look good." he winked, causing me to blush. "So partying's not really your thing then huh?" he asked as we reached a room and he took out a key and unlocked it.

"Gee, what was your first clue?" I asked sarcastically. He chuckled and we walked into a bedroom filled with guitars and suitcases. He walked over and grabbed a shirt from one of the suitcases. He took the wet one off and threw it into a hamper on the other side of the room. I couldn’t take my eyes off of his gorgeous, tattoo-covered torso. I felt myself being disappionted as he pulled the clean shirt on.

“Sorry about the mess. I haven’t felt like doing anything since we got home. Bathroom’s right here.” He said, opening a door in the room. I walked in and grabbed the washcloth off the counter, running it under the faucet. I brought it up and started wiping the sticky soda and beer off my chest, then moved down to the corset. It was pretty difficult and I could tell it wasn’t working. “Is it coming out?” he asked from the doorway. I frowned and shook my head. “Hang on a second.” He moved from the doorway and returned a second later with another one of his shirts.”Put this on and we’ll hand wash that.” He said, handing me the shirt and turning to leave.

“Wait!” I said. He turned around. “Can you un-do it? I kinda can’t reach.” I said, a little embarassed. He smiled and walked up behind me. I held the front of the corset as his skilled fingers worked on the fasteners on the back. Everytime his fingers would brush my skin, chills would run up my spine and I felt my blush deepen. Once he was done he smiled at me in the mirror and started to walk out. “Thanks.” I said before he closed the door behind him. I filled the sink with water and put the shirt in. I pulled his shirt over my head and pulled the neckline up to my nose, inhaling his scent. Cigarettes and cologne, the most wonderful smell in the world. I walked out of the bathroom to see him sitting on his bed, drinking out of a Jack Daniels bottle. He motioned for me to sit with him. I sat shyly and looked at my feet. “You don’t have to stay up here. This is your party, you should be downstairs.” I said, feeling bad.

“He shrugged. “Eh, I hated most of those people in high school anyway.”

“Including me.” I muttered.

“What?” he asked.

“Oh, I said me too.” I covered.

“You went to Huntington High?” he asked and I nodded. “I knew you looked familiar. What year were you?”

“The year below you.” I said.

“Really? What’s your name?”

“Leah.”

He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration. “I don’t remember you.”

“Most people don’t.” I shrugged.

“Why not? You’re gorgeous!”

I blushed madly. “Maybe tonight. Back then I was invisible.”

“Hm, I can’t see that, but okay. Just tell me something?” he said and I looked at him. “Was I a dick to you back then?” he asked quietly. I shrugged. “I was, wasn’t I?” I nodded slightly. “Damn. I’m so sorry. I was a major dick back then. We all were. We fell hella bad now. We thought we were the shit just cuz we were in some crappy rock band. Then we got a huge fucking reality check.”

“Most people change after high school.” I said.

“Even you.” He pointed out.

“Oh no, I am exactly the same actually. Just not physically tonight.” I corrected. He nodded and offered me the bottle he had been drinking from. I took it and drank some, almost choking. “That is nothing like vodka!” I stated, trying to catch my breath.

He laughed loudly. “No, it’s not. It’s better.” I shook my head. “Uh huh! If you don’t like it then why do you have a JD shirt on?” he asked.

“Cuz it’s what you gave me to wear you weirdo! I didn’t have a choice!” I laughed.

“Well, if you don’t like it you could always just take it off.” He smirked. I laughed nervously. He continued to look at me. “There is something so familiar about you, I just can’t place it.”

I looked down at my feet again, hoping to god he didn’t remember.

There I sat as a junior in high school, glasses sliding down my nose as I tried to finish my advanced trigonometry homework during lunch. I had sat myself beneath the beautiful willow tree by the science buildings and was enjoying the sunshine, when I heard voices.

“Yo, you’re in our spot.” A male voice said.

“Okay, just give me a second to finish this problem.” I said without looking up. Suddenly my book was taken off my lap and thrown carelessly across the lawn. My homework was ripped up in front of my face. My tear-filled eyes looked up into the smirking brown ones that belonged to the one and only Brian Haner Jr.

“There. Problem solved.” He said as all of his friends, except Johnny, laughed. “Wanna move now, nerd? Why aren’t you in the science building, hiding behind your test tubes and beakers anyway? Not even THEY want to be your friend anymore?” he taunted.

I got up and ran, but I could hear the echos of their laughter following me.


I can still hear their cruel laughter to this day. The tears welled up in my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I would not let him make me cry again.

He must have noticed. “Whoa, are you okay?” he asked, moving closer to me. My body tensed up as he put his arm aournd my shoulders. “Okay, what’s wrong? You were just fine a second ago.”

I shrugged. “Just reminiscing.”

“Was I that bad to you?” he asked, a little surprised.

I looked at him. “You have no idea.” I couldn’t help but laugh slightly.

“Fuck.” He muttered, looking away. Then he looked at me again. “I really am sorry. I’m not the same person I was back then.”

I looked back down at my feet. “I hope not, for your fans’ sake.”

He gently tilted my head to look at him. “I’m not.” He said, looking into my eyes.

I nodded. “I believe you. You wouldn’t still be sitting here if you were the same as back then.” I said. He was still looking into my eyes and I found myself lost in his.

Control yourself, Leah! my heart screamed at me. This man was your worst nightmare in high school!

But we’re not in high school anymore my brain reasoned. It’s obvious he’s changed Leah. Lose control, let me take over.

As my head and heart were both trying to gain control of my body, Brian leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I think it’s safe to say my heart lost the battle as I kissed him back. His hands tangled in my hair and mine found their way to the side of his face. We explored each other’s mouths and my body was alive with electricity. He put gentle pressure on my body with his own, urging me to lay back. I laid back slowly, never breaking the kiss, as he laid half on top of me, taking the kiss deeper. One of his was on the outside of my bare leg, running up and down gently, causing an eruption of shivers to make their way up my spine.

We continued to kiss as our hands explored each other’s bodies. Clothes started slowly falling away until there was nothing left but his naked perfection positioned on top of mine. He looked into my eyes as he pressed himself against me, almost asking permission. I tilted my hips slightly, causing him to slip inside. He let out a groan as the chills ran up my spine and exploded in my head. He grabbed onto my hip and pushed himself in deeper. I lost all ability to think as he thrust in and out of me slowly.

“Fuck Leah, you feel amazing!” he said in a deep, throaty voice that almost drove me insane. I couldn’t respond with anything but a moan as his pace quickened.

What felt like hours later, his arms were wrapped around me while my head was on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. He started playing with my hair and I drifted off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I awoke to the sun shining brightly into the room. I yawned and moved to get up, but something was preventing me from doing so. I looked down to see a tattoo-covered arm draped over my naked body. I smiled to myself, remembering last night. I carefully removed his arm and got up, finding my clothes and putting them on. I grabbed the corset out of the bathroom and went downstairs.

“Tryin to make a quick getaway huh?” a male voice startled me.

“Fuck Johnny, you scared me!” I laughed, my hand going to my heart.

“Yeah, I have that effect on people.” He laughed. “Becky and Ann went home last night. They saw you go upstairs with Syn and said you’d be fine here for the night. They asked if I’d bring you home.”

“Aw thanks Johnny, I appreciate it!” I said as we made our way out to the car.

Maybe this losing control thing isn’t so bad after all……

BRIAN’S POV

I woke up with a headache and that damn sun wasn’t helping any. I rolled over and realized I was naked and alone. I remembered flashes of the night before and a smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. I got up and threw on my pants, going downstairs to get some coffee and Advil.

“Whoa, looks like someone had a good night.” Matt said as he entered the room. “Who was she?”

“Some chick named Leah. I guess we went to high school with her.” I shrugged.

“You don’t remember her?” Johnny asked. I shook my head. “Dude, that was Leah Tanner.” He said in a ‘DUH’ tone. I looked at him like ‘So?’

“Leah Tanner as in that weird science nerd, Leah Tanner?!” Zacky blurted suddenly.

My face dropped. “No fucking way! That was so not her.” I said.

Johnny nodded his head. “Yeah it was dude. I was friends with her while you guys were assholes to her.”

All I could do was shake my head in disbelief. I couldn’t believe it was the same girl!

“Damn, she sure got hot though!” Rev said, voicing the thought in all of our heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry about the lack of updates. Most of you know about the really hard time I'm going through right now and I appreciate the understanding. This is just something I had posted on Quizilla a while ago and figured I'd post it on here, so enjoy :)

Also entered into this contest FanFic Contest!