Status: hiatusssss.

And I Will Try to Fix You

Those Butterflies In My Stomach Won't Stop

After I finished cleaning up in the kitchen, I headed for my room. It sounded like Avery was crying, but I wasn't sure. I knocked once, then twice, and when there wasn't an answer, I pushed the door open to reveal a small figure laying on the ground crying.

He had his head in his hands and he was mumbling inaudible things that didn't even seem to make sense. I rushed to his side and grabbed his arm, shaking it slightly.

"Avery, are you okay? Avery?" Still no answer. I gently pushed his face up to look at me and the look in his eyes was not one that I wanted to see. He looked so scared, but what could he possibly be scared of?

"Make it stop! I don't want to listen anymore!" He screamed through sobs. I looked around in panic, not having the slightest idea of what I should do.

"Ave, what the fuck are you talking about?!" I grabbed both of his shoulders and started shaking him again, harder this time so he might wake up and tell me what the hell was going on.

Still, nothing happened. He stayed in that position, sobbing, for whatever reason.

"Is it Gavin? What'd he say?" I asked calmly, hoping to make him relax. His head shook back and forth before he practically jumped into my arms.

I didn't know what else to do but hold him, so that's what I did. He kept screaming things that didn't make any sense to me. I had no idea what was wrong. I felt so useless because I couldn't do anything to help him.

After awhile, his eyes shut and his breathing slowed down. I carried him to the bed and set him down, feeling a major case of Déjà Vu.

What did he mean by, 'make it stop'? Make what stop? And what didn't he want to listen to? I felt that I should wait awhile to ask him about it, otherwise it might strike a conversation that I didn't want to get into.

I didn't know much about his family life, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know either. He came to my house often, which must've meant that he wasn't very close to his family. But I had no room to make assumptions.

While he slept, I sat by the window that I'd found him sleeping by barely a half hour earlier. I watched the rain continue to pour from the sky. How typical it was for it to be raining on such a bad day.

***

I woke up to a crack of thunder and a bright flash of lightning that seemed to light up the entire room. I looked over at the bed to see Avery staring at me, his eyes open as if he was wide awake.

The room was just starting to get dark, and I looked at my clock to see that it was already six at night. How had I slept that long? My thoughts were interrupted by Avery'sbeautiful voice.

"G'morning, sunshine." He muttered sarcastically. I chuckled nervously, afraid that I might say something stupid.

"A-are you okay, Ave?" I asked quietly. He looked away from me and towards the ground. I knew this probably wasn't a road I wanted to go down, but it had to be said sometime.

"I'm fine." He said, rather harshly. I nodded, nonetheless, and let him be. If he didn't want to tell me, I wasn't going to pressure him into doing so.Yet.

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but could you at least tell me-"

"You wouldn't want to hear about it, anyway." He whispered, his cheeks tinting pink. I stood up and crawled onto the bed next to him, kissing his cheek. Butterflies fluttered about in my stomach.

"Yes I would," I said, even though I wasn't so sure of myself. He sighed and started talking quietly. I felt like I was listening to his life story, and, honestly, I kind of was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I took so long to update, but I'm finally alive again.
Sorry that I sort of fell off the face of the planet (when it comes to my old stories), but I'm back now. Three down; two to go.