Basement One.

Prologue.

Ten PM.

They had just come back from a gimmick at the mall, a class bonding as they said to their parents. They only came back to school to grab their things. Unfortunately, the main entrance was already closed and the only exit available was through the parking lot.

One of the nine students grasped the cold handle of the glass door, and upon opening it, a gust of wind rushed past the doors, lightly messing their hair and sending chilling shivers down their spines.

One by one, they filed out the glass door and stepped onto the soft asphalt ground of the parking lot. Basement one was lit only by the dim, fading and blinking fluorescent lights hanging above them.

The moon, full and haunting, was high in the night sky. They could see it from inside the parking lot, just barely, through the narrow driveway leading to the outside world. The world beyond the parking lot was full of mist, and an occasional soft glisten of drizzling rain.

They paced faster, eager to make their way out of the eerie parking lot, where it was only the nine of them who remained. Their footsteps eagerly bounced about the parking lot, an echo. Aside from that, the whole world seemed to have been shut down to a full, hushed silence.

No one dare spoke, and no one knew why.

A figure emerged from a corner of the parking lot, at first a full blackness. Startled and stunned, each student stopped dead in their tracks.

When the features were at last clear - the dark blue hat, the white polo shirt, the gun, the stick - they heaved one heavy breath in relief.

"It's only the bitch guard," one of the nine exclaimed, loud enough for it to echo resoundingly throughout Basement One. This was met by heavy, approving laughter from the other eight. Though they were aware of that fact, they ran for the driveway, eager to get out. Before the knew it, they had piled into the streets of Ortigas, falling on top of each other, laughing.

The same figure stood menacingly in the driveway, closing down the gate. He watched each of them as they walked away, making mental pictures of them in his brain, noting down each detail. As the gate came to a full close, he smiled to himself, a wide, repulsive, grin, and vanished into the night.