Musical M.P.D

Good Life?

The alarm shot off, silencing my confusion that I had felt in the dark dream world. I immediately got out of bed and rushed to the washroom to stare at the same red hair, same dark brown eyes, same awkward freckles all over my face still, same awkward looking teenager. Nothing exciting about that. It did depress me a bit but I decided to let it go and start the normal morning routine.

I looked at the clock as I walked in my room from the shower. 5:58. Okay, my parents won't be up till about 6:30, so I had a bit before I had to get out of here. I grabbed a normal blue pair of jeans and threw them on, then laced my chain belt around it. This belt has been with me ever since I was 11. The only time that had changed is when my friend Lily Lolite had given me a skull charm with ruby eyes, which she had given to me on my 13th birthday. I had immediately fallen in love with the charm and attached it to my chain. Normally it was used for walking dogs but it was the only thing left of my aunt's that my parents didn’t decide to sell.

Aunt Sarah. The memories sort of just flowed into my head. She had died of cancer when I was 10. It didn’t help that I felt she was the only thing I had even close to a real mother. Ever since dad left us, my mom has been nothing but a bitch and her boyfriend is just a subject I don’t like.

“Clear your mind,” I said to myself, trying to get ready for school. I quickly just threw a black Linkin Park shirt on and grabbed my bag, which I had packed the night before. As I started on my walk to school, I looked at my watch. 6:20. Damn, why do I let myself get lost in thought like that? Now I might be late. Lily would be waiting for me like normal.

As I showed up, the front door to the school was open.

“Lucky me, I didn’t show up before the janitor today,” I said to myself, but in the same instance I realized that it meant Lily was already here. I decided I would go to my locker later. For now, I would go see Lily. I decided not to pass the gym. Who knows if the basketball team is practising yet or not. As I got up the stairs and walked into the second floor, I could see her sitting there with her arms crossed sitting on the ground.

“Ryan Gamber, you're late,” she said in a strict, controlling voice. It reminded me so much of a teacher coming down on her students.

“Late, ya. If I am late, then this whole school just isn’t coming today.” We both chuckled at our little sarcastic comments as I went to sit across the hall from her. We sat in silence for a minute in till she decided to question me.

“Any problems getting out this morning?” she asked, trading the earlier sarcasm for a more serious tone.

“No problems. I just got lost in thought before I left,” I said, remembering Sarah.

“What was it this time?” she questioned me. She knew me so well I could answer any of her questions with one word and she would know which was good for me because I hated the details of things like this.

“Aunt,” I said, choking the word out. I always heard it gets easier when someone close to you dies, but for me it got harder every time I had to choke out anything to do with her.

“She would have been proud of you. You know that.” I knew her words were there to try and make me feel better but all I could feel was numbness. Maybe the numbness was because she was the only one to every have any sincerity towards my situation. All I ever had was a 'get over it' from mother. Or 'be a man' from the basketball team.

Just then, the doors to the second floor burst open and I could see them coming. Well, speak of the devil and the devil will appear. There they were. Matt, TJ, and Josh. Matt had long blond hair that was always parted to his left side. He was the captain of the basketball team and my worst nightmare.

“Hey flamer!” I heard him shout from across the hall.

“God, no, I thought they were still suppose to be in basketball practice.” I barley heard Lily as she said this under a hushed voice.

“Found your manly hood yet, flamer?” This voice was different. I immediately realized it was Josh.

“They probably got out early today,” I said back to Lily in a hushed voice, not wanting to attract them over her for more punishment. They continued laughing at their bad jokes as they walked past us and around the hall to get to their lockers, then Lily started up.

“Assholes! Why do they have to think they're better then everyone else?” Lily was always very short tempered. It got her in trouble a lot. “You know what I think? They are just trying to compensate for there own man hood!” She started to chuckle at her own jokes. “Ya, I think I’m right. They have the microscopic pencil so they have to boost their own egos to make themselves feel better.” She was on a rant and there was nothing anyone could do now “And that Josh kid probably has no other friends other then that Matt kid, so he has to go around and feed his ego and say all the same things as him to make himself feel a part of a group.” Okay, I had to admit it did seem like that. “And that TJ kid, that’s the worst, somehow he can say nothing at all and be cool. He just flips his hair and he is cool, like, what the fuck…”

“Okay, calm down now Lily, you're going to blow a fuse,” I interrupted. Not 'cause I wasn’t enjoying Lily basing those guys. More because I was worried of attracting more attention to us then was needed.

“But it hasn’t been a proper day unles I’ve blown up once,” she said back jokingly.

“Well wait till at least lunch time. The explosion this early may hurt somebody… most likely me.” We laughed together at our stupidity as I wondered how pathetic we were. Laughing after we got made fun of, are we that use to it? I questioned myself as I looked up at the clock.

“Alright Lily, it's 8:20. Let's head to class before something more happens.” She agreed with me and quickly shot up and started off in the direction of our first period class.

As we got into our period one class, Lily and I sat side by side in the front seats. I quickly pulled out my book of lyrics and looked at some of them.

I am nothing but bitter in my time of need, yet all you did was slither, slither away from me.

'Not bad,' I thought to myself as I looked up at the clock. '8:27 and no fights this morning. This is good. I may actually have a good mor…'

My thoughts came too soon as Matt walked in and sat his elbow on the table in front of me.

“Hey flamer,” he said mockingly. “What’s ya writing there?” He quickly pulled my book from under my hands and started reading. “Oh well look at this..,” he said very obviously faking to be confused. “I didn’t know you were gay.” He kept mocking and I knew he was lying but saying anything was just adding fuel to the fire. I hoped he would just give up. But that wasn’t his style. He started to pretend to read again. “Oh Mark oh Mark, I love the twinkle in your eyes as we sit under the tree…”

“Shut the fuck up already!” Lily shouted, interrupting him as she shot up from her seat.

“Calm down, I’m just having a little fun,” Matt said defensively.

“That doesn’t look like fun. that looks like being an ass,” Lily retorted back in anger as she walked around the desk to look face to face with Matt. Then, from the back of the class we could hear Josh’s voice, “Wow flamer needs a chick to defend himself.”

Lily quickly turned her head towards Josh and retorted, “Shut up. Remember when this chick knocked you out?” Josh looked like he melted in his seat a little. He scrambled looking for in excuse.

“You just got a lucky shot in.“ To me it sounded like he was trying to convince himself of that. Just then the bell rang.

“Everyone in your seats now, class is starting,” a bearded man with a white lab coat on yelled at the class. “My name is Mr. Klein. As you all know, I am filling in for your teacher today so let’s start with attendance.”

I decided to grab my book and finish what I was writing very quickly, just dotting down a question. “Is it really a good life?”
♠ ♠ ♠
i am sorry that it took me so long to get this up but it has started
i have been going threw hell of late and i have even discontined one of my storys cause of it
thanks as always to Jen for editing love you Jen Jen
and the Tittle does mean something Good Life is what im going to live hopfully Ryan will soon as well