Malchik Gay

Chapter 31

"I've been thinking you know. We lost so much time in Neposedy because of gigs, or photoshoots, or recordings or this that and the other. Then Neposedy only offered us the music side of things. What if our career fails and we have to get a real job? We'll have no qualifications. So I was thinking, what about going back to school?" I asked not looking at her. Lena thought about it, and I knew she saw sence. School was never Lena's strong point. She didn't handle the pressures of school well.

"Maybe. Like a private school?"

"No. Like a small, but decent public school."

"But Yulia! We're known now and if we went to a public school, we'd be flocked day in day out." She made a point.

"So we'll go in with different names."

"Yulia, they'll know our faces." I sighed and gave up. I really wanted to go back to school, but she apparently didn't.

"Look, if it's home schooling, or a private school, it's different, but I can't go back into public school, we're too known to live peaceful public school lives. I'm sorry." I nodded and told her that I understood. She smiled and kissed my cheek before going back to doing laps. I'd finally finished unpacking after getting home and we'd manage to find a few hours to get some swimming done. I watched her swim one lap of the pool, then joined her on her second. I'd recently taken to venting out any stress I had on exercise, so I was steadily getting thinner and leaner. I knew I was stupidly skinny, but it was fun and kept me fit. This helped me easily keep up with Lena, who was becoming a little tired half way through her second lap. From the swimming on holiday, I knew I could swim much further, so after the third lap, Lena dropped out and sat on the side of the pool for a rest while I continued, still having plenty of energy to spare.

The pool was pretty much empty, not many people came here, so I still spoke to her while I continued, I just had to raise my voice a little.

After about fifty laps, I gave up and swam back over to her. I felt okay in the water, but after I'd pulled myself up beside Lena, I was breathing deeply. Lena looked at me with her eye brows raised.

"What?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"You. Since when can you swim fifty laps without getting tired?"

"I am tired."

"You weren't until you got out of the water."

"Ah well. It could have something to do with my using the pool everytime you went out with Dylan, and the time I swam about three miles in the sea while you spoke to him at the beach, and the swimming we used to do every weekend. Recreationally."

"I kind of miss Dylan."

"He's an asshole."

"Why is he?" Oh shit. A little too obvious Yulia.

"He just is. A stuck up prep boy."

"He's sweet."

"Whatever." I stood up and pulled Lena up with me. We walked together silently into the family changer, just like in the first week in us knowing each other. I still glanced over at her getting changed. The way her wet red hair still gracefully fell over her shoulders, her slender hour glass figure was glistening in the artificial light of the changing rooms and the pool water droplets still rebelliously clinging to her pale skin. She was absently smiling to herself and her dark blue eyes were staring into space. I sighed and wrapped my towel around my own skinny frame. My steel grey eyes looked away and hunted down my clean underwear. I jumped a little as I was caught in a warm embrace from behind. I spun around half defensively and butterflies found their way back into my stomach once my common sence took over and I realised it was Lena. She was smiling at me softly.

"Yulia what's wrong? Your awful quite. It has something to do with Dylan doesn't it?" I thought of words to deny that accusation, but it quickly occured that I took too long to answer and I couldn't back out of it now.

"Yeah, it's kind of everything to do with him. You've known him for like, a week or so, and you don't shut up about him. I can't talk to you properly anymore, because we always end up talking about him, you probably tell him everything we've done and everything I've said. He's even been involved in tomorrow's video. He's taking over you and you've changed since you met him. It's not that you have a boyfriend, it's the fact that you consider him more important than us, Tatu, Carey, our career. our friendshiP Lena." She looked away looking guilty. She was biting her lip a little and looked back at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise that it was effecting you like that. I never thought it would effect Tatu, obviously he is. Should I end it?" Yes, yes, yes!

"I'm not asking you to leave him Lena, just to learn to balance our career and relationships evenly." Liar. You want her to leave him. I shushed the little voice in my head and tilted her chin to look at me.

"He can still be in our video." She smiled and I wiped away the one stray tear that escaped. She pecked my lips quickly before going back to changing. She only had on her underwear and jeans. Yet, she was still so warm.

I pulled my underwear on under my towel before dropping it and pulling on my jeans and my T-shirt. Lena was already finished and leaning against the door with her bag over her shoulder when I was done. She looked hot. Legs casually crossed at her ankles, arms folded, and a smirk on her face. I smiled at her with an almost certain look of admiration in my eyes. How she hadn't realised I was in love with her yet was beyond me. I knew I was pretty obvious about it. They way I looked at her, the way I spoke to her. Even our hugs were pretty amorous.

She opened the door and let me out first. She was in blue jeans and a red T-shirt with white sneakers. I was in black baggy jeans that hung loosely, caught on my hip bones, with my trademark white tank top and blue sneakers. My bag hung on my back loosely as we made our way to nowhere. We had all day to kill, and the whole of Russia to kill it in, so we headed to nowhere, just following our feet. I was staying at Lena's that night, and her mom was dropping us off at the set in the morning.

The air was relatively cold and my black zip up hoodie hung around my shoulders. Lena was settled in her black winter coat with the white fluffy hood.

"You know, I kind of wish you were gay, or bi." She suddenly said out of the blue. I was so confused.

"Urm, why?"

"It would be fun. I could, maybe, talk about which boys are hot, and see if my bi curious crushes were actually decent or not."

"You still have bi curious crushes?"

"Yeah occasionally. I know it's not my thing though so I don't dwell on it, but the odd girl comes along from time to time. I have no intention of telling Dylan though. Sorry, there I go again."

"It's fine." I smiled and laced our fingers. She grinned childishly and rubbed the back of my cold hand with her thumb, I did the same. The friction, as light as it may be, was still warming. I closed my eyes momentarily and took a deep breath. This was about as good as it was going to get.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's so short, but I'm so tired, and fully aware that I havn't updated in a while. Been a little busy. School stuff. =[ I'll try think up some ideas for better chapters for you over the next day or so. The video shoot will be pretty good, so look forward to that in either chapter 33 or 34. Please comment?