Malchik Gay

Chapter 48

While we were driving away, I kept glancing back at the building, wondering what it was in there that made me see those things. Yulia kept her hand on my thigh the whole ride home, though I barely noticed it, my mind wasn't with the rest of me. I sighed and focused my attention elsewhere, trying to forget what I saw and stop thinking about it.

Time elapse
Yulia's POV


"Yulia? Yulia!" I jumped back into reality as a hand waved in front of my face. I felt my cheeks burn and prickle with embarassment as I noticed the whole class had turned to face me. Our teacher looked at me with a face like thunder.

"I- I'm sorry." I muttered almost inaudiably.

"Stay back after class!" I sighed and avoided eye contact with Lena, embarassed enough as it is, although I saw her shake her head at me from the corner of my eye. That was the second time this lesson I had been caught staring aimlessly into space, thinking of everything and nothing all at once. I scribbled down what was on the blackboard so could at least say I took notes, even if I didn't pay much attention to them. I stayed at my desk when the bell rang to tell us the school day was over, agreeing to meet Lena outside afterwards.

"What thoughts were so important you found it acceptable to not pay attention in my class!?" Our teacher asked dangerously softly once everyone else had filed out of the room.

"Nothing miss. I couldn't help it. I'm tired and found it hard to keep my focus." I had become so used to using that line recently, not having the heart to be honest and just say I found the lessons boring and repetative.

"You should go to bed earlier miss Volkova. Now get out of my classroom and don't let me catch you day dreaming again!" I hauled my bag onto my shoulder and left the room. The halls were empty when I went out, the silence echoing off the metal lockers.

Then I hit them. Literally.

I was shoved inside one of the long, narror lockers so suddenly I didn't even see who did it. I didn't cry out, I didn't scream, it just happened so fast. The door slammed shut and I heard the click of the lock as I was concealed in darkness. I turned the best I could and tried to peek out of the slits in the door, but nobody was there, I could just hear two sets of footsteps and laughter as whoever had just shoved me in here ran down the hall. I kicked the door and yelled at them to let me out, but of course, they didn't. I started to panic, feeling as though the walls of my metal cell were closing in on me. I pressed my palms on the walls either side of me and pushed, as if trying to push my way out. I could hear my own quick breaths as I panicked. It was too dark to see anything. The only light came from the metal slits and lit up three stripes across my face. I whimpered and banged on the door. There was nobody around to hear me.

I couldn't even reach my cell phone as I heard it start to vibrate in my bag, which was jammed behind me. There wasn't enough room to turn and reach it. I just hoped Lena would come looking for me. The temperature started to get hotter as my heart raced and I panicked more. I tried to get as close to the slits as I could, trying to breath normally instead of hyperventilating. The locker had a familiar smell to it. Sweet. I didn't think too much about the smell.

After what seemed like hours, I finally heard footsteps in the distance. I kicked and banged on the locker door for all I was worth, yelling for someone to hear me. As the footsteps got closer, my hope grew, and finally, a pair of worn converse came into view. Carey!

"Yulia!?" She came to the locker and tried to pull it open, but the lock wouldn't budge. I whimpered and responded, asking her for help.

"Wait there! I'll be right back!" Like I was going to go anywhere...

She eventually returned with someone else, a janitor. He unhooked a set of keys from his belt and unlocked the door, letting me out.

I practically fell out, gasping for breath and red faced. Carey hugged me and checked me over.

"What the hell happened!?" She demanded to know, holding me by the shoulders at arms length and staring right into my eyes.

"I don't know... I waas just shoved in there. I didn't even see who did it."

"Well someone's gotta clean that up." The janitor said, I turned to see what he was on about, unaware that there was any mess to clean up, when I saw it.

Someone had spray painted 'DYKE' across the locker. That's also when I realised it was Lena's locker I'd been shoved into. Which explained the smell. I stared at it for ages, my mind not willing to accept it. Lena and I had never even held hands around school before, even though we knew most of the school would have probably heard of us and seen our videos. I looked away and bit my lip, swallowing hard. Carey lay her arm lightly across my shoulders.

"Come on. Lena's in the car." Ignoring the Janitors question of whether I was going to clean up the spray paint. I heard him sigh and mutter something under his breath before taking out cleaning equipment from his cart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, nearly two years since my last update D= and I don't even have an excuse. I'm so sorry D= x