Malchik Gay

Chapter 8

"I can't believe your casting already. You've only been here a month. I've been here eight years." I sat beside her on my piano and watched her pace up and down, practicing her audition over and over again. Her song was beautiful, and it matched her voice perfectly, though I don't think it showed her full vocal range. She smiled at me from the corner of her eye but continued singing until she'd finished the song she'd been assigned.

"Can't help it Yulia, I'm just that damn good." She'd been here a month now. Everybody thought she was my girlfriend still, and she was bullied as much as I was now, but she didn't care, as long as we were still friends, we were happy. I nodded and passed her another sheet, containing another version of the song if she couldn't manage the one before it, but she could.

"Your casting in two weeks remember, so keep your chin up and you'll be fine. Me, on the other hand. I'm terrified." I hugged her and casually kissed her cheek in a bit of reassurance. Normally, I'd have been mortified that I'd let myself do that, but I knew she was worrying and was still reading over her notes behind my back.

"If your that damn good why are you nervous." She grinned at me and gathered her bags, containing mostly costumes for her audition acts. I smiled and wished her luck as she rushed out of the music room and off towards the audition rooms. I hopped up on my piano and pulled one of my legs up. I played with the bottom, waiting for her return. I knew if she didn't pass these auditions, her dad would move her to another group and I may not see her again. Lena was an excellent singer though, and I knew she'd do well.

I was only alone about fifteen minutes when I heard the door open. I looked up, biting my lip in worry that it was a tear filled Lena looking for a shoulder to cry on. I should have known better though. It was Carey.

"Your in here alone?" She asked, hopping up behind me with her legs either side of me, she hadn't done this since Lena joined our singing lessons. This time though, I didn't get the butterflies, they seemed to be reserving themselves for only one girl now.

"Yeah. Lena's down in the casting auditions." I felt her nod and wrap her arms around my waist.

"Well I noticed you kiss her cheek before she went down, and the girls in home room told me about what happened at the ice ring that time. Is there anything you want to say to me Yulia?" I froze and looked around me nervously.

"No. No not really. Lena wanted to make them be quite at the ice ring, and I kissed her cheek as a sign of good luck."

"Yulia, you used to be able to tell me anything. You act different around her. You've been tonnes happier since she joined Neposedy. Your always with her. You like her don't you?" I felt her smile against my neck.

"No!...Okay yes. I like her. In fact, I think I love her. I know I've only known her a month, but I kind of fell in love with her a week after meeting her. The first weekend after I met her, we spent the weekend together, and we were down in the park at like, midnight, and she was sat on the swing and she smiled down at me and the moonlight lit up part of her face and...I fell in love with her." I heard Carey aw behind me and tighten her grip on my waist. I lay my head back on her shoulder, letting out a sigh and closing my eyes.

"I think black hair would look good on you." Carey blurted out while fiddling with a bit. I nodded and rest my hands over hers.

"Is this bad?" I asked her, turning my head slightly and nodding to her arms around my waist. She sighed and shrugged.

"Probably, but we're friends. Yeah there's a huge age gap, but we can talk to each other and it's not like we're in a relationship is it?" I shook my head and got comfy again. I was beginning to dose off a little when the door opened with a bang. A shocked looking Lena, froze mid step, her mouth hanging open slightly. Carey jumped back from behind me and jumped off the piano. I looked at my shoes in guilt, even though I didn't quite know what I'd done wrong.

"I swear, I didn't see anything!" She said and held up her hands. I smiled and hopped down from the piano.

"Lena, she was hugging me, as always. How'd the audition go?" Her head dropped and my heart skipped a beat. Oh God, please don't say she'd failed this! Her dad will take her away from me.

She looked up at me with big, teary eyes.

"I passed!" She grinned and cried with relief. I rushed over and threw my arms around her.

"Oh my god I'm so proud of you!" She hugged me back tightly and lifted me up in a tight hug.

"It's your turn next though, so get practicing." I nodded at her and grinned at Carey, who looked proud but not surprised.

"I knew you'd do well kiddo." She messed Lena's hair up slightly and jumped back up on my piano. Lena sat on the box we'd used as a hiding spot weeks before. I leaned back against Carey's legs and Lena scowled a little at her, but she didn't notice. My heart sped up a bit, thinking that maybe she was jealous. I walked over to her and she smiled, Letting me lean on her like I had Carey. Carey raised her eye brow at me at I blushed. I was just grateful that I had my back to Lena so she couldn't see the cheesy smile and the blush I had on my face. She lent my arms on my shoulders, but not around me and lent forward with her head on my shoulder. I felt her play with my hair, gently twisting it between her fingers.

"I think you'd look nice with black hair you know." Lena whispered, sending shivers down my back. I nodded.

Time Elapse

"I did it!" I yelled, rushing in. Lena and Carey looked up from a conversation they'd been having. They both rushed forward and hugged me tightly. Lena squealed with me and wouldn't let go for ages.

"Well Yulia, I'm glad you've passed the casting, because I already have you booked for an audition tomorrow for Eralash. It isn't a permanent job, just one or two episodes."

Lena had to catch me as I fell backwards. Television? Already? I was over whelmed. Performing was my dream, and this was my chance.

Skip to the next week

I pulled him towards me, wrapping my arm tightly around his neck. He reluctantly wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked through the play area towards the apartment building that was acting as my house. The chubby boy sat on the swings, and looked at us madly as I strolled past with the smaller, skinny boy. I grinned and through gritted teeth, I ordered the other boy to kiss my cheek, which he did. Lena was off set in the background, and I heard her giggle, and apologize to the director for the third time. The chubby boy grabbed a metal bar in the playground and bent it in half infront of the boy playing my boyfriend.Yuck.

I dragged the skinny boy in and up to my room, dressed him up in one of my dress costumes and sent him out. I stood on the balcony to watch him go, and laughed when the chubby boy forced him to pretend to be his girlfriend. This poor kid. He doesn't get a break on any of these shoots. The director called cut.

"Finally! Now, if Miss Volkova would kindly make her fiery red headed friend be quite." I grinned at Lena, who winked and pulled me off set.

"That was great! Though, I must admit the first set you did was funnier." She grinned cheekily.

"Yeah, cause you fell through the back drop and we had to start all over." I shoved her playfully and grabbed a bottle of water for us both. My hair was up in bunches at either side of my head, and the powder blue strappy dress I was wearing annoyed the hell out of me. I wasn't a dress sort of person.

"I like the dress on you though. You actually look girly. You have great legs, why cover them?" She asked me in all seriousness, but I still laughed.

"Cause they're skinny. I hate dresses, you should know that." She nodded and hugged me, congratulating me once more on the success of my acting roles in Eralash, and then reminding me of a promise I'd made her just hours ago.

"Remember your promise Volkova. You said if you got through Eralash without being fired, you'd dye your hair black." I grinned and pulled her into my changing room, stripping to my underwear and passing the costume to the woman who was in charge of them.

"Your obsessed with your Pokemon pants." She giggled at me. I looked down and grimaced at the way they hung off my hip bones.

"Your so skinny." She stated, yet again. She always hugged me after she'd said it though, and, despite my lack of clothing, she did it again. I loved her hugs, and with her top coming no lower than the bottom of her rib cage, I felt the warmth of her stomach on mine. I closed my eyes and felt the heat between us, savoring it. She soon let me go and tossed me my jeans and T-shirt, I could handle my shoes myself I'm sure.

She grinned playfully and dragged me out to Carey's shiny red Mustang car waiting in front of the studio. She was sat in the front, dark hair hanging loose and shaggy at her shoulders. I grinned at her and let Lena pull me into the back seat with her.

"To the hair dressers!" Lena called and Carey laughed, following her instructions.

"I think you should cut it too, hang on sit like this." She lifted one leg onto the seat and pulled me between her knees, so she could play with the back of my hair.

"Cut it short but shaggy, then dye it black. It would look great!" I lent back on her automatically and she never protested, she was too excited.

"My best friend, a T.V star, and soon to be world renowned celebrity!" She called. I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Yulia, why aren't you excited, it's your big break!"

"Well you seem to be excited enough for the both of us, and I'm pretty nervous in case it looks awful." She slapped my shoulder playfully, too gentle to hurt me at all.

"It'll look great Yulia you'll see."

"For your sake, it better." Carey laughed in the front seat, watching us carefully from the rear view mirror. She kept raising her eye brows at me whenever Lena's hand touched my shoulder or waist, because I kept blushing and my eyes closed automatically at her touch.

The hair dressers loomed in front of me, and I took a deep breath and hoped for the best.

Lena dragged me in excitedly, and Carey followed with my acting pay check to pay for this transformation. A small portion of it of course. Lena told the stylist exactly what I wanted and he seemed to know exactly how it went. He took me into the 'transformation' room and we left Lena and Carey in the waiting area, with only old magazines to distract them. There were no wall mirrors in here, only small, hand held ones, so I couldn't see what he was doing. A good amount of my hair came off, and then, tipping me into a sink like font, on went the dye. I took and deep breath, hoped for the best and closed my eyes again.

One hour later.

Lena's jaw hit the floor, Carey's joined hers. Their eyes were wide, and I was shaking because I still hadn't seen. A sudden squeal emitted from Lena's throat. I guess I looked at worried as I felt, because Lena told me to stop panicking and turn around. So I did, my jaw hit the floor, and cracked some of the tiles on the way.

Image

"Oh my god, sorry Yulia but you look hot!" I was in shock, but Lena insisted on taking this picture once we were back in her kitchen.

She'd called me hot. I was still very in doubt that she wasn't straight, but if she thought I looked hot, I was definitely keeping this hair style.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so the Yulia Volkova we all know and love is about to be introduced, YES the one with black shaggy hair and all the confidence and flair. I will be starting t.A.T.u soon so keep reading :D
Also, please comment and subscribe, it would mean the world to me.