Rush

Surprise Surprise

We all got wrapped in heavy blankets, even though it was rather hot. Caution tapes were being put up and traffic was being conducted to an exit, but most people would've thought twice about driving through there anyway. For the most part it was quiet; every now and then whispers would pass along the street, but were loud enough for anyone to hear.
My truck was also blown to peices and I was sure that later I would be upset, but for now I was too shocked to function. I wasn't hurt badly; the most was the pressure of hot broken rocks being pressed against my hands and legs. My cell phone rang and I answered quicky and knowingly that it was my mom.
" Hello?" There was a brief pause and what sounded like someone falling before she hung up. Well, there was only one thing left to do, walk.
The bare concreted sidewalk seemed to keep going and going. The dust had carried through the air and found its way into my lungs. My throat was dry and bitter, and in desperate need of moisture. The last thing I wanted was to choke to death in the middle of the sidewalk.
Finally, I did stop and relieve myself with some water. The sun was going down, but I was almost home and had a decent shower in mind. Just as I was about to continue walking, I saw someone in the corner of my eye. I turned ever so slowly as my breathing began to pick up.
The same dark clothes, curly brown hair, and a thick layer of muscles were easily recognized. He held a silver flip phone in his hand and started to look nervous as he listened to the person on the other line.
" It's been completed, "he said not knowing I was there. The only image that came to mind when he said that was the crash.
I walked away quickly, but as I turned to look back he was already gone. My walk turned into a sprint when I knew I was close to home.
" Are you okay?" My mom asked already looking me over.
" I'm all right, nothing to worry about." I said hoping she wasn't going to notice I was lying through my teeth.
She hugged me and continued to breathe down my neck until I told her I was going to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter five should be up soon :] I've got plenty of ideas to go along with this. Hope you like it!