In between the Sentence There's Still Assemblance

The sins of Norah Cone

Norah was in love.

Norah was young.

Norah made a mistake.

Norah left.

Without a word; without a reason.

The night was progressing into a morning when two silhouettes stumbled from the club. Drunk and laughing the pair walked, their fingers intertwined. It was obvious that they were in love. The boy moved their hands and twirled the girl with ease, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and continuing with drunken walk and giggles. The girl felt lightheaded from twirling; but, smiled nevertheless and leaned her head on boy’s shoulder.

“Look there is another one,” the girl said pointing at the shooting star. At least to what she thought it’s a shooting star.

The boy looked at the direction she was showing and laughed, “It’s a reflection of a light coming from the club behind us, Norah.”

Norah scrunched her nose and poked the boy, “I prefer to think it’s a shooting star Adam. That way I can make a wish.”

“You can always make a wish. What did you wished for anyway?”

“I wish always to feel like this. Like the way I feel when I’m with you.” She looked up at him and kissed the side of his chin. “I think it’s the perfect spot.” She pointed at the alleyway behind the small corner store. They walked in the dark alleyway; the moment the darkness surrounded them, Norah took the reefer and lighter out of her pocket, lighting a joint and taking a deep breath. “This is so good,” she exhaled.

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry up,” Adam said looking both ways of the sidewalk, keeping an eye for accidents by walkers.

He looked at the small girl with smoke coming out of her mouth. Moving that fact aside, he knew that she was the girl he wanted in his life. He watched her stomping out the rest of the joint and walking towards him. With one swift motion she had him pinned against the wall. And, he liked the way she would get. He liked the way her lips feel against his skin, her hands traveling down, finding the right spot every time. He bit his lip and closed his eyes.

She was everything he wanted in a girl, and more. Adam never thought that she would be his. And, there they were, heavily kissing in the dark alleyway, hands roaming each other’s bodies.

And, it was perfect.


Adam sighed heavily, preparing to get onstage. However, his thoughts troubled him. Norah occupied his mind, even though the years have passed since she left, denying him the reason and explanation of her actions. With one final sigh, a pet on the shoulder from his band mates he walked on stage where a herd of screaming girls wanted just to touch him. And, for a fraction of a second he forgot about his troubled thoughts and smiled. He smiled sincerely after a while and he felt great.

The morning was rising and the two sleeping bodies lay next to each other, light, silk sheet covering their naked bodies. Norah’s head was on his chest listening to the steady beating of his heart. Lightly stroking her hair, Adam watched the morning rays of Sun peaking through the heavy curtains in the room. The light was playing with shadows, mixing with the colors and illuminating the girl in his arms.

They belonged that way to each other.

Norah stirred and opened her eyes smiling at Adam and kissing his chin.

“What time it is?” she asked with hoarse voice and stretching her arms above her head. Adam looked down at her and smiled.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “but your parents just left.”

“Oh really,” Norah grinned and climbed on Adam’s lap, capturing his lips in a soft kiss.

Her skin on his, her lips on his, her hands traveling down his body, and Adam was close to exploding. He grabbed her shoulders and rolled them over, making him on top. Norah giggled at him and moved the curl that fell in his eyes lovingly. Adam connected their lips once again felling the tiny electric jolts caused by the friction between them.


After the last played chord and last word of ‘thank you’ from William addressed to the crowd, Adam followed his band mates into the dressing room. Sweat dropped of his forehead, sliding down his face. He heard his name mentioned and the bottle flew his way. He caught the bottle and thanked his friend by nodding his head and smiling a little. But, before he even got the chance to open the bottle and enjoy of the pure bliss of cool and tasteless water, small body wrapped itself around him.

“You were amazing,” the small body spoke, untangling its limbs from the bassist.

Adam looked down and saw a girl. She was chipper and happy and nice. However, she wasn’t Norah. Moreover, Adam knew that. He knew that no girl in the world could replace the empty place in his heart, but Norah.

“Thanks babe,” Adam responded by wrapping his arms around small girl’s frame. She leaned into him and kissed his chin.

It was different. The lips kissing him were soft and tasted of strawberry; Norah’s lips were chapped and tasted of sweet smoke. The girl snuggled next to him was a quiet, short, blonde and had the love for entire world; Norah had love for herself and Adam.

Yeah, Norah Cone was young.

Norah Cone hated everyone.

Norah Cone made just one mistake in her life.

Norah Cone fell in love with Adam Siska; but she left, leaving him no reason and leaving him to find comfort in another girl’s arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts?