‹ Prequel: Prove It

I Guess I Just Don't Get It

Ten. Say No More

We returned late that night, extremely tired, but also extremely happy. After we’d left Kojo and his family, we had found a small restaurant, where we had dinner, then walked around and shopped some before heading back, with a few bags between us. I dropped the two that I was holding just inside the door and fell backwards onto my bed, happy to just be able to lay down for a few minutes after the busy day. Sergio followed my example soon after, though he decided to lay perpendicular to me, so his head fell onto my stomach. I let out an 'oomph' when he did so, then we laid there for a while, before I broke the silence. "I had a really great time today, Sergio. Thanks."
He just took my hand, squeezed it, and didn't let go in reply. We continued to lay like that for another twenty minutes or so, before I realize we had a game the next day and should probably sleep.
"Sergio, I need to get ready for bed," I said quietly, sliding off the bed and grabbing one of Sergio's jerseys that he had given me a few months ago. I changed and brushed my teeth in the bathroom and emerged five minutes later ready to sleep.
When he saw me, he got up from the bed and walked towards me. "I guess it's time to say goodnight."
"When did I say that?" I asked, smiling. "No one said you had to leave," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. "Or that you could."
He smirked into the kiss and picked me up; I wrapped my legs around him as he carried me and set me on the bed. I knew where this was going, so I said, "We can't. Not here, not tonight. Maya could come in any second, and we have a game tomorrow."
He sighed, then nodded, and we laid down with the lights off and turned the tv on quietly, though I wasn't really watching it. I laid with my head on Sergio's chest, thinking about the day, and my life in general, and how lucky I was.
"By the way, I like your jersey."
I giggled. "Yeah, his name is Ramos, maybe you've heard of him."
He nodded. "Sounds familiar, definitely."
"I thought-" My reply was interrupted by Maya's entering the room.
"Oh, guys," she sighed. "Really?"
I laughed. "Relax, Maya, nothing happened. We're just watching television, don't worry."
She nodded but eyed Sergio's shirtless chest suspiciously, and continued to get ready for bed as well. By the time she emerged from the shower Sergio was asleep and I was about to be, so we decided, without verbal communication, that we would talk in the morning.

I woke the next morning with Sergio's arm around my waist and the sun nearly blinding me through the thin curtains. I slowly slid out from under his arm and headed to the bathroom for a shower. When I came out Maya was sitting on her bed, having returned from wherever she had gone earlier, but Sergio was gone. "He went to get a shower too. He said he's coming by in...ten minutes," she said, checking the clock. I nodded and finished drying my hair, hating having wet hair on my neck, and changing into some simple black training shorts, one of my old UNC Soccer t-shirts, and a Celtics FC sweatshirt.
"I'm gonna head down to breakfast before the guys inhale it, you coming with me or are you gonna wait for Sergio?" Maya asked, although I was positive she knew the answer. If Sergio said he was coming back in a few minutes, he was going to be here, so I would wait. Clearly.
"I'll wait, it's just a few more minutes."
I ended up waiting another ten minutes in my room before heading over to Sergio's to see what he was doing that was taking him so long. Gerard answered the door and let me in. I was greeted with the sound of a hairdryer coming from the bathroom. I rolled my eyes jokingly and opened the door to reveal Sergio, completely dressed, but drying his hair. "Sergio, you take longer than me to dry your hair. That's ridiculous. Come on, I have to feed my stomach."
"You talk about your stomach like it's a whole other being."
"It is, sometimes. You, of all people, should know that." I pressed the off button on the dryer and pulled him out. "Gerard, you coming with us?"
"No, I'm going to get breakfast with Nuria in a bit," he replied. The WAGs had arrived a few days earlier, but for some reason I had never really mingled with them much, mostly because I didn't have time, so it didn't really affect me.
"Okay, well you're missing out," I said in a singsong voice as I pulled Sergio towards the elevator with me.

Eight hours later we were on the bus back to the hotel, having beaten Honduras two to nothing. We were all on a sort of high, believing our luck had turned around after the Switzerland game. We had all decided to go out clubbing later, but I knew if I went that it would only end badly. Del Bosque had made it clear that if he found out any of us had gotten completely drunk then we would be on the first flight out the next morning, so I wasn't very inclined to go out with them. But I knew Sergio would really want me to and I didn't want to be the buzz killer, so I would go for a few hours, at least.
After showering back at the hotel I changed into some skinny jeans, an off the shoulder black top and some black ankle boots before curling my hair. By the time I was done Sergio was knocking on the door, ready to go. I grabbed my purse and jacket before following him out. "Now, don't be expecting me to dance. Or drink. Okay? I'm not good with drinking, as we all know, and dancing is not my forte."
"Nonsense, I think you're a great dancer," Sergio disagreed, wrapping his arm around my waist as we joined the others. The German National Team was also in the lobby so we went over to talk to them while we waited for the whole Spanish team.
"Congratulations on your win today," Bastian Schweinsteiger was saying. "You played very well."
Sergio thanked him and then got sucked into a conversation with Lukas Podolski and Thomas Mueller, leaving me with Bastian and a few other guys.
Bastian was just saying how the German team was also going clubbing when Sergio came back to rejoin the conversation.
"Really? You should just come with us! It'd be fun!" I smiled as Sergio wrapped his arm around me again. "You can show us how you dance in Germany!"
They laughed before shrugging. "Maybe. We'll have to see what the guys say. What's your number so maybe we'll catch up later on?" Bastian asked, pulling out his phone. I got mine out as well and we swapped and programmed our numbers into each other's phone before handing them back. By then the whole Spanish team was downstairs and ready, as were their girlfriends and wives, so we started to head out. I said bye to Bastian and Thomas before allowing myself to be led out by Sergio.
"They were really nice, weren't they?" I smiled up at Sergio, who merely grunted. "Sergio, don't be like that, they were only being friendly."
"I'll say," he agreed.
"Sergio, stop it! You know what I meant! Stop being such a guy!"
"Oh, believe me, any other true guy in the world would be just the same as I am about it. You clearly didn't see how they were watching you. I saw. I have eyes for those things."
"You're imagining things. And I promise you're safe. There's no way I would ever leave you for any of them," I stood on my tip-toes and kissed him. "Okay?"
He paused before slowly replying. "Okay..."

We spent the next few hours dancing and drinking, though mostly dancing, for me, though some of the guys were well past their limit. Out of my good mood, I had allowed Sergio to teach me some Spanish dancing, which I admit, was really fun. Somehow they had managed to get the DJ to play some Spanish songs, including Hasta Abajo by Don Omar, Toma by Pitbull, and La Cadena de Oro by Cabas.
"Sergio, I'm beat! I gotta sit down for a while!" I yelled over the music. He nodded and followed me to our seats with the rest of the Spanish team. Fernando was sitting with a beer in front of him and his nose stuck in his phone. "Fernando, when's Ollala coming?"
He looked up and replied, "Tomorrow! I can't wait!"
I smiled at his excitement; it was impossible not to.
"I think I'm going to ask her to marry me," he said out of nowhere.
My eyes widened and I felt Sergio shift forward on the booth. "Really? Oh, Fernando, that's fantastic! Congratulations!"
Sergio slapped him on the back. "Yeah, man, go for it!"
"But I don't know if she'll say yes..." Fernando stared at his phone again, as though expecting some sort of epiphany by looking at it for a certain length of time.
"Fernando. She's carrying your child. She's putting up with all your football crap. She stays with you even though she's hardly seen you in the past few months. Yes, she's going to say yes! Don't be silly!"
He looked a little bit reassured by my words, but was interrupted by whatever he was going to say by my phone buzzing. The caller ID said it was Bastian, so I answered and got up and walked away from the table.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Camry? It's Bastian. Do you know what club you guys are at?"
"Um, I'm not sure of the name, actually. Here, how about you talk to Sergio? He's got more of a sense of direction than I do. Sad, I know, but true. I'll get him, hold on," I put my finger over the speaker as I found Sergio again. "Can you tell Bastian how to get here? The German team is gonna head over for a while I think."
He nodded, though I could see a bit of reluctance in his eyes, and got up and took the phone. I sat down in his place and turned back to Fernando, who now was looking much happier, and was giving me a sort of funny grin.
"What did Sergio say?" I asked cautiously. "Your grin is kind of worrying me."
He immediately wiped it off and shrugged. "Nothing. Just guy stuff."
"Oh, gracious. Stop there. Say no more."
Thankfully they listened, and we all kind of talked about everything for the rest of the night, which ended a couple of hours later since we had training the next day.
Our walk back was mostly quiet, the both of us spending the walk just thinking. As we neared the hotel I said, "Sergio, thank you for putting up with Bastian and them. You were very nice to them."
He glanced down at me and shrugged. "I don't mind any of the German team," he replied. "I mind their status, how famous they are. Let's be honest, Bastian is infinitely more famous than I am, as well as Lukas and Thomas, and we all know soccer isn't the only reason. When you're around all of them, I just can't help but feel....I don't know, jealous, I guess. Maybe I’m just paranoid."
I shook my head. "I don't think so. I think the same way when you're around all your female fans, but then I remember that you've had so many chances to just pick one and you can have them in a heartbeat. I figure if you haven't already, why would you now? No one else, including the Germans, have anything on you. I promise." And with that, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo...I'll be real. I posted this under one of my other stories. And felt really stupid. Still feel really stupid.

Anyway.
I feel really bad for taking so freaking long and a day, but I sound like a broken record. That's what I said last time I'm sure. soccer and cross country have left me a very tired chica.
Comments would be fab. Fabby fab fab. Just a hint :)