‹ Prequel: Prove It

I Guess I Just Don't Get It

One. Very Funny

"Sergio, you are not my friend anymore," I joked as I walked through the mall with him and Fernando.
He stops and looks at me. "Ouch. That definitely destroyed my day."
I rolled my eyes. "You know your life would be a dull blob if I weren't in it."
Fernando laughed. "Yeah, being a professional soccer player doesn't sound like much of any kind of life at all, eh?"
"Shut up, Torres."
He scoffed. "You're too kind, really."
We continued to walk around a few more hours, buying something occasionally. Around five we decided to leave, the unexpected signing at lunch had worn us out.
"Camry I think you should go get the car while we wait," Fernando said jokingly.
"Fernando, you are not making me get your car," I replied, lightly pushing him away and towards the parking lot.
He sighed dramatically and set off to find his Ferrari.
I turned to see that Sergio had already found a bench to sit on. I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder, completely ready to go to sleep. The team had been practicing two times every day for the past two weeks, leaving everyone completely exhausted. I was all for relaxing at home, but I was outvoted.
"Tired?" He smiled and put his arm around me.
"Exhausted. I think I'm just gonna spend the night right here on this bench."
"I don't think that'd be the safest thing ever," he disagreed. "Not to mention Fernando and I would get shot by Coach if we let you."
"Eh, that's more motivation than you think," I smiled at him.
"Cute," he remarked. "Camry, hey, listen for a sec, okay?" I sat up and looked at him, waiting for him to continue. He lifted his gaze from me to the sky. "Okay, I know you're all...in love with Cristiano. And I accept that. I was just hoping...that you'd give me a chance too?"
It took me a few seconds to realize what he said and I stared at my hands in my lap before shifting my gaze to him. "Really?"
He gave me a small smile and nodded.
I leaned forward and pecked his cheek. "I think I can do that."
He smiled and was about to say something when he was interrupted by Fernando honking the horn in front of us. The whole way back to Sergio's house I looked through Fernando's iPod. "You have a ridiculously large amount of pop music. It's quite tragic.
"Nonsense. You simply don't have enough," he argued.
"No, I have plenty of pop. It's just a good amount, not...six thousand pop songs. I don't even have six thousand on my whole iPod."
"That would be because you don't have any couth like me."
"Oh, that must be it," I said sarcastically.
We pulled into the driveway at Sergio's, and Fernando let us out before driving home to see his most recent girlfriend, Olalla. I followed Sergio up to the door with my stuff, praying nothing would be awkward or anything like that. He unlocked the door and threw it open, and we were greeted with the whole team and some other people I didn't know yelling 'SURPRISE!' at us.
Next to me, Sergio laughed, and dropped his two bags beside the door before disappearing into the crowd, thanking everyone.
I was so confused. "Wait! What's the surprise for?"
"It's his birthday!" Iker answered next to me. "We couldn't tell you about the party, because we knew you'd tell."
"No I wouldn't have! I'm the master of secrets!" I disagreed.
"Well, see, none of us knew that, or else you would have been the first to know, wouldn't you?" He smiled.
I crossed my arms. "I'm rather mad at you."
"Oh, how will I go on?" He asked sarcastically.
"I don't appreciate your sarcasm. Only I'm allowed to be sarcastic."
"That's not-"
Iker was interrupted by everyone yelling about going swimming. He smiled and followed everyone outside. It was then that I noticed all thee guys were wearing swim trunks, and I assumed the girls were wearing swimsuits as well. I shrugged and grabbed one of my bags, the one that had the swimsuit I had just bought in it, and found my way through his ridiculously large house to a bathroom.
I emerged looking rather adorable in my swimsuit at the same time that Sergio came out of his room. I smiled and went to hug him. "Happy birthday!" He hugged me back and thanked me, but I cut him off. "But I'm still mad that you didn't tell me!"
"Because I was supposed to go around making sure everyone knew?" He asked, leading me to the backyard, where everyone was either in the pool or around it, talking.
"Exactly."
Before either of us could say anything else, Fernando appeared with Olalla next to him. "Happy birthday, man! I was so mad I wasn't there to scare ya! I had a scary mask and everything!"
"You don't really need one, Fernando. Your face would have done just the trick," I replied, smiling. I couldn't resist.
Olalla laughed and agreed before kissing him on the cheek.
"Very funny, Camry. Very, very, funny."
I mock bowed before I was grabbed from behind and thrown over someone's shoulder. I realized quickly that it was Iker and yelled, "Wait! Sergio take these!" I threw him my sunglasses and bracelet just before I was throw into the pool. When I resurfaced I glared at Iker before holding my hand out for him to pull me out. Right after he put his hand in mine I tightened my grip and pulled him in as well, before pushing myself out. I was almost completely out of the water when I felt something grab my ankle and pull me back, making me lose my balance. I slid back into the water, and felt a sharp pain on my stomach. "Ow."
"Camry, you're bleeding!" Fernando said, staring at my stomach. I glanced down as well and saw a fairly big scrape down my stomach and sighed.
"Come on, I'll help," Sergio pulled me out after making me promise I wouldn't pull him in as well.
"Jesus, Camry, I'm so sorry! I had no idea-" Iker fell over himself apologizing.
"Iker, chill. It's fine. You know how often I get injured, it's no biggie."
"But-"
"Go back and swim Iker. I got it," Sergio smiled and led me inside and to one of the many bathrooms. "Okay, it's gonna hurt a little, but just hold it on there." He put some alcohol on some bandages and pressed it firmly over the scrape before allowing me to hold it while he found some band aids. "You just can't stay uninjured for more than ten minutes, can you?"
"You'd be surprised. Once I even managed a week!" I smiled.
"That is something to be proud of," he agreed, pressing a huge band aid over the scrape, then throwing away the trash before we headed for the backyard again.
Before he opened the door I kissed his cheek, and said, "Thanks. I guess you missed your calling. You should've been a doctor."
He shrugged. "What can I say? I'm talented all around."
"I can tell."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've taken so long! I've just....kinda had a huge writer's block haha. If anyone has any ideas that'd be lovely! Although I'll probably have to tweak them a bit.... anywho comments are yum yumm yummy