‹ Prequel: Prove It

I Guess I Just Don't Get It

Two. Fool, Don't Volunteer Me!

The next day after a particularly long, hard practice, we had gathered so Coach could talk to us for few minutes. After he had spoken for what felt like forever, he said, "Now don't forget about the youth's championship game tomorrow, and dress nicely. You have the rest of the week off, so relax, don't party every night, and have fun."
The rest of what he was saying was drowned out by the celebrations as everyone headed toward the locker rooms to shower.
"I can't wait for the youth's game! It'll be so good!" I smiled, making Sergio give me a piggyback. We just call the U10 team that the Spanish National Team sponsors the Youth, because we're just lazy I suppose. They're really good, much better than I was at that age.
"Yeah, they are pretty kick ass," Cesc agreed, walking beside us.
"You guys, I think we should go to the beach later," Fernando proposed. "We can meet up at Camry's beach house."
"Fool, don't volunteer me!" I jokingly argued. "Nah, it's cool. Three at my house."
After everyone else agreed, we decided to meet at three, and after showering, everyone headed home quickly to get ready. Sergio said he would show up early and bring some drinks, so I took my time getting home in my Range Rover, blasting There For Tomorrow the whole way. When I arrived home I took a quick shower and changed into my [url= http://www.polyvore.com/to_beach/set?id=16515682 ]swimsuit and sundress[/url] before trying to clean up as much as I could.
When Sergio showed up an hour later I had cleaned almost all of the first floor, which was hopefully the only area anyone would be occupying for the next few hours. "Spring cleaning?" He asked, giving me a kiss before unloading the drinks in his hands onto the counter.
"Well I figured I would at least try to make people think I wasn't a complete slob," I reasoned, putting away the cleaning supplies in one of the closets in the hallway.
He looked at me for a minute before saying, "I'm sure the ones who met you in the last few hours or so will think you're neat. The rest will see right through you."
"But I know everyone on the team, Sergio."
"Exactly, they'll all see through you," he smiled, coming up and hugging me from behind while I hand washed dishes, seeing as I didn't have much else to do. Sometimes, hand washing dishes is the most soothing thing, or so I think.
I dropped the plate I was holding into the water-filled sink and turned around quickly before wrapping my arms around him, purposefully getting soap suds all over his upper back. He smiled and laughed, "That's freezing!" He let me go to get some bubbles on his hand, intending to get them on me as well, but I was gone as soon as he turned around.
Luckily the doorbell rang and I opened it to reveal what seemed to be half the team on my door step.
"Did you guys all ride together or something?" I asked, stepping aside to let them in.
"Nope, we're just such awesome teammates that we're pretty much in tune with each other," Fernando explained as he passed.

Half an hour later we were all out back on the beach. I was desperately trying to regain my old tan while most of the guys were either in the water surfing or playing beach soccer. Some of their girlfriends and wives had tagged along as well, and I was currently in the middle of a conversation with Ollala, Fernando's girlfriend, about our childhoods. I was laughing about a story she had told me when I felt myself being lifted from the ground. I squinted up from the sunlight to see Sergio smirking.
"This is payback. For the soap and water thing," he said, dropping me in the waist-deep water.
When I came back up I gasped and jokingly slapped him. "I can not believe you just did that!"
"Oh, don't even try to pull that, you were totally expecting it!" Sergio smiled, kissing me.
"Stop that! I'm mad at you!" I laughed and pulled away, starting to head back towards the sand, but was stopped when Sergio grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him.
"What do you say to dinner Saturday? At my place," he asked.
I decide to patronize him. "Well, I dunno. I'm pretty busy this weekend, and I'm sure I'll be so tired, I don't know if I can..."
He pouted.
"But, maybe I could fit you in somewhere."
♠ ♠ ♠
So. I know it's uber short. Sorrrry, but I wanted to get SOMETHING out, so I tried :]