Your Lips Look So Lonely, Would They Like to Meet Mine?

1/1

As I was walking down the beach, headphones plugged in my ear and my iPod set on shuffle, I felt my feet slip over something.
Being my curious self, I really wanted to know what that was. Could be some pieces of sand glass or some playing pebbles a kid must’ve spilled, or even maybe small beach rocks that have been moved with the waves.
But as I was lowering my head and bending my knees, it never occurred to me that it might be some ‘buttons’.
Buttons in all sizes and colors; who brings that with him to the beach?
I stood up from my knees and looked at the sky: was it raining buttons?
So I was a bit out of my head, sue me. Come to think again, it did rain gum balls and candy in the movie ‘Bedtime Stories’, now didn’t it?
I bent down again and picked up one of the scattered buttons, a purple one to be specific for it’s my favorite color.

‘Love Drunk’ by Boys Like Girls started to blast into my ears as I continued my little stroll on the warm sand.
Not much far in front of me, I could see a big crowd circling something; ‘it’s no big deal’ I thought to myself.
Here, in California, you are used to see so many celebrities that I wouldn’t be surprised if I saw someone at our local beach. Yet people still make a huge fuss from it.
I was getting closer to the gathering now, even if I didn’t really care who it was; I know for sure that it’s not someone that I would listen to, since my type of music is far from being loved by those fake people.

When I arrived there, I saw a really cute guy sitting with a guitar in his hands and his lips were moving but I couldn’t hear any sound.
Oh it might be a smart idea if I removed my earphones first.
Not only did he look like an angel, he also sounded like one too, that is if angels can sing of course.
“Alright people; Stephen wants you to step away because he’s tired.”

They all left while I was still standing a few centimeters away from his stool.
“Hey, are you a fan?” I shook my head no.

“Sorry, I don’t really know you.”

“That’s ok, I’m Stephen and you’ve got some beautiful eyes here.”

“Thanks, my mum’s eyes are blue and my dad’s are green. Oh and I’m Celia-Sia.”

“Weird name but I like it.”

“My parents called me so because it would be too cliché to call me Sea.”

“Oh do you have a piece of paper? I just got a song idea.”

“No I’m sorry, but a song idea from my name?”

He nodded. “One second.”
He came back with a paper in his hands and handed it to me. “What do you think?” He asked.

‘Your eyes are blue like the ocean and baby I’m lost out at sea’
“That’s so cute.” I said and just like that, his face lit up.

“Why didn’t I find you before? You’re full of ideas.” He said and chuckled.

I laughed. “Alright, let’s see how I can help you.” I looked everywhere around me. “The sun is shining from behind you oh so magically?” I suggested and smiled at the face he was pulling.

“Hmm, I have something better, hold on.” He paused a little. “Did the sun just come out or did you smile at me?” he sang.

“You’re sure you’re coming up with that now?” I asked slightly amused by how a song is being written about me.

“Yeah, you’re inspiring and I can do nothing about it. Hold on.”

I started fiddling with the purple button I picked up earlier.
“You found one of my buttons?” Stephen exclaimed which made me look at him.

“They’re yours?” I asked. “Why would you have tons of buttons with you?”

“I keep them with me just so if I meet a beautiful girl, like you, I’d go like ‘you’re as cute as this button, check it out; it kind of does look like you.’ It’s an inside joke between my little cousin and I.”

“Oh…” I had nothing useful to say in my mind.

“Anyways, I’m afraid I’m going to have to leave now but I really hope we can see each other again; you’re fun to hang out with.”

Did the cutest guy just say that I was fun? The keyword here definitely being ‘I’.
“Sure, we can exchange numbers or something.” I said.

He handed me his phone and I saved my number in there then dialed my cell so I could have his.
I handed him his mobile back. “Thank you. Alright, I’ll see you soon.” And with that he went behind the small stage that was sat for him.

Later that night, ‘Chelsea Smile’ by Bring Me the Horizon blasted from my mobile. This only means that I have a new text message.
I fliped my N97 open and started reading. ‘Hello it’s Stephen there, miss me? (I don’t think you do because you haven’t texted me yet :[ )’

I quickly replied ‘Awh don’t be sad. I’m sorry to say this but I didn’t. Ha-ha.’

We spent most of the night hours texting, him telling me new lines for the song every once in a while until I felt my eyelids beginning to drop. ‘I’m sorry Stephen but I’m gunna have to go, that is of course if I want to dream tonight =P’

The next morning, I woke up to twenty eight missed calls, all coming from Stephen. So I decided to call.
“G’Morning” I said as soon as I heard him pick up.

“Mhm…” he mumbled.

“Haha you sleepy head, move your arse now. You did call me a million times before.”

“Well that was at night when people weren’t trying to sleep.”

“To be honest with you Stphen, people actualy sleep at night and wake up in the morning to do things later in the day.” I said slowly acting as if he wouldn’t understand if I spoke too quickly.

“What are you talking about? Which people?” he said. I could hear the laugh in his tone.

“Healthy people,” I stated. “Or at least the ones I know.”

“Uh, ok. What are you doing today?” he asked.

“Giving piano lessons to my younger cousins, you?”

“Sight seeing. Sucks, I thought you could be my tour guide and all.”

“Bummed, I can’t. I’m really busy; I’m usually busy all the time and I don’t even know how I was able to take the time to go to the beach yesterday.”

“Glad you did anyways.” He chuckled. “Well I got to go now, later”

“See ya!” I hung up. Hmm, what to do now? What to do? Think Celia, think… Ooh it's effing thirty past ten. I'm dead.

"Celia, honey, is that you downstairs?" I heard my mom's voice.

"Yes mom,"

"Well honey your aunt is waiting for you by the spa, have fun." Spa?

"Mom, what are you on?"

"Dear, your aunt wanted to thank you for taking your time to teach Mark and David the piano, so hurry up." My mom explained.

I left the house and walked to the beach spa. I do have a car but I can't ever be bothered to use it.
I arrived to find the doors locked by some big and muscled man, arms crossed over his chest. "I can not let you in miss." He said as soon as his gaze came upon me.

"Um, why?" I paused a little but he said nothing. "Hold on, aren't you… The dude who kind of works for Stephen?"

"Yes I am, miss."

"Is he in there? Does he have his cell-phone with him?"

"Yes but please don’t disturb him if you really know him that is."

Completely ignoring him, I dialed Stephen's number. "Hello," he groaned.

"Hey, Steph, your guard won't let me in."

"Ugh, hand him your cell." I did as he said. There was a huge silence.

"Alright sir. Miss, you can go in."

"Thank you, do you have any idea where I might find Stephen?"

"I left him minutes ago by the hot rocks therapy."

"Thank you very much."

I went in and directly in the direction of the hot rocks massages, completely forgetting my aunt.
"Look up." I yelled and everybody looked at me except for the one I wanted. "Not you, him." I sadi extanding my arm towards Stephen. Everyone went back to minding their own buisness. "Dang it, Stephen." I yelled once more.

"Celia, it's supposed to be a place to relax over here and I quite can't seem to."

"Sorry," I mumbled and turned around to walk away.

"Oh no don't go, I can't get up and tell you to stay because I have rocks on my back."
I chuckled. "That's fine. I came to see my aunt here anyways."

"At least let us hang out later, what do you say? I'm staying in the Hiltons."

"Sure…" I flashed him a smile.

Time passed real quick and I found myself standing outside Stephen's hotel room, my hand curled up into a fist. I knocked. "Coming," I heard come from behind the door.
Once I stepped in I noticed the atmosphere being so romantic, so relaxing, so… Oh you get it.

"You…"

"I even cooked for us. Come."

I sat down in one of the royal chairs in the room. "Why don't we talk before we eat?" he suggested.

"Of course." He sat in the other chair.

"Ok first, I donno if you know this or not since you're not a fan but I did post on my blog that my stay here wouldn’t be temporary. I bought a house here."

"Sweet, we could see each other more." I replied.

"I also have something else to say but I don't want to creep you out or anything…"

"Less rambling more telling." I cut him off.

"Well I finished the song. Can I sing it? It'll will clearify things more."

Before I could answer, he sang the song and I now I could really say I'm the happiest thing on earth. Yes, things can be happy, idiots.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a friend whose name is Sama (sky in arabic) and she's got blue eyes. I asked her once why her parents called her so and she said that when her parents were still dating her dad used to look into her mom's blue eyes and say that they make him feel lost in a wide sky. When she was born she happened to have the same shade. (: